Just rewatched Khabib V Al Iaquinta. A little less confident in Khabib

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
Fan of both Conor and Khabib, not a homer of either tbh. But after the press conference I felt 90% sure Khabib will win against Conor. But if you rewatch the Al Iaquinta fight again there are some questionable moments. If Khabib catches himself standing up with Conor there are some major concerns about his stand up, especially given that Conor just trained in stand up for a year.

Again my money is still on Khabib mauling Conor and beating him but the stand up is not encouraging.

Lot's of moments like these

FloweryAmbitiousAmericanwirehair-size_restricted.gif

SilkyGrizzledAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

Iaquinta is 20x the wrestler Conor is, and fought the entire fight in a defensive pose bracing for a a TD, and Khabib still took him down 5 times and had him on his ass for the first 2 rounds. Conor would be steamrolled under similar circumstances.

The same Iaquinta who stuffed Kevin Lee 6/7 times, dropped him, beat him, and pulled off slick grappling like this.

Khabib had trouble with Al because styles make fights and it's exhausting to wrestlefuck a guy as strong as Al in terms of his tdd and grappling so he chose to coast a couple rounds standing.

Conor is soft and demure off his back and Khabib will cut through him like a buzzsaw.

Last edited:
Iaquinta is 20x the wrestler Conor is
20x the heart too. The Johnson 1st round is what worries me. I love the wrestler who stands for two minutes and waits for perfect timing both on the TD and with the clock. Khabib wrestling so dominant he's like Maia he just needs to get a hold of you. He doesnt need to play games with Conor.... just clinch and TD khabib kills him. The tape scares me.

Last edited:
Khabib LITERALLY said himself he hope's they study the Iaquinta fight in preperation for the conor fight. Al was outclassed from the 1st second and khabib just messing around. He will not stand with conor.

Al's a strong wrestler with high TDD stats against other wrestlers and forced Khabib to strike.

I don't think much can be drawn from this fight that'll apply to the Conor fight.

I think Conor will have an easy time of it. Khabib is WIIIIIDE open, has no defence and can't really set up his takedowns well from what I remember. I wish that wasn't true. Hopefully Conor is too addled by partying to perform. Crossing my fingers.

Lets also take in consideration that Khabib had 2 opponent changes and barely had any time to prepare for Yaquinta yet still pulled out a 50-43 victory.

Khabib didn't lose a round.

Khabib is human. He's not Superman. He will not win every exchange. He's not perfect. But sure it's cause for concern now that he's going to face a guy who has the touch of death, something Al doesn't have.

But you think Khabib will win so whatever.

Last edited:
Khabib was trying out his weaknesses on Al. How can anyone think differently? He isnt going to that with Conor obviously. Conor would starch him if he tried. Everyone is aware of that. The khabib vs Al fight was just a sparring match for khabib.

Why is it so many people talk this decision win up over Al on like 2 days notice is special but Conor knocking out Chad with like a week or two notice is laughed at? Makes no sense.

And According to mysterio wrestling and striking are the same thing.

Now you're not even trying.
<{cruzshake}>

Nope, considering I've objectively broken down frame by frame Al's inferior wrestling, I'm factually correct. There is a science to this. You can't just sit there and cry someone is bad because you don't like them, sorry.

I think this fight is akin to Cain vs JDS. We just don't which JDS vs Cain fight it is like yet.

Why is it so many people talk this decision win up over Al on like 2 days notice is special but Conor knocking out Chad with like a week or two notice is laughed at? Makes no sense.

And According to mysterio wrestling and striking are the same thing.
Mendes had no training camp. Al had a three month camp for Felder.

Mendes is a dwarf who had Conor on his back most of the fight.

Nope, considering I've objectively broken down frame by frame Al's inferior wrestling, I'm factually correct. There is a science to this. You can't just sit there and cry someone is bad because you don't like them, sorry.
Kind of hard to take your use of "objective" seriously when you have his avatar and name. Lol

Conor could out wrestle you and Al at the same time.
Al a D1 wrestler been grinding since he was a kid what logic do you have to back that up? That's absurd. Guys who excel at TKD kicks have shit base of gravity. Al would wear Conor's ass out in a wrestling match.

Last edited:
Back