ROUND 2
10-9 Masvidal 63.9%
10-9 Iaquinta 29.9%
10-10 Draw 5.7%
ROUND 3
10-9 Iaquinta 50.5%
10-9 Masvidal 43.1%
10-10 Draw 6.2%

Read more at http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6071/Al-Iaquinta-vs-Jorge-Masvidal#ATbeZuII5cFA3Cg8.99
Just don't call me bloke again bro, it's no longer fun when you take it that far.

Ok now go watch Conor’s 2 fights against Nate and tell us how confident you are that he will win. Every fight is different. Al iaquinta is a whole different type of fighter than Mcgregor.
Um, he beat Nate pillar too post, and gassed himself doing it. Nate was just durable. Any other fighter would have been on the canvas if they took the punishment that Nate took.

He even swept Nate on the ground.

No way in hell Khabib survives even a fraction of the damage Nate did.

Let's also be realistic. Khabib hasn't really been tested. He probably has the most padded record in the UFC compared to the number of wins he has.

And Khabib likes going for 25 minutes. Plenty of opportunities for a guy who has much more pop that Al.

If Khabib had a better ground game, I would think otherwise, but he doesn't, so Conor has more chances.

No shit he'll have chances they are .I think either Conor knocks him out or Conor gasses and crumbles under the pressure.I don't see it going 5 despite Khabib not being the best finisher.It could,it's mma,were all wrong all the time but if it goes all 5 it'll probably be Conor hanging on for dear life.

I wouldn't take that fight too seriously

It was a glorified sparring match at best

Khabib was toying with him

his wrestling coach for the last 6-7 years has been a Moldovan national team member

credentials aren't everything. Gsp had no formal credentials but trained with the Canadian National team and was amongst the best mma wrestler. There's many examples like this

Simply breaking down credentials isn't always going to be accurate. Conor's wrestling is known to be highly underrated when technically analyzed by those In the know. His wrestling, particularly defensively Is far better than he gets credit for from the average fan
It's been proven that you don't have to be a credentialed wrestler to outwrestle credentialed wrestlers in MMA.

How many wrestling take-downs are commonly used in MMA? Two, maybe three? The rest is take-down defense.

Al's a strong wrestler with high TDD stats against other wrestlers and forced Khabib to strike.

I don't think much can be drawn from this fight that'll apply to the Conor fight.
Woahh

Feel like I haven’t seen you in forever

I wouldn't take that fight too seriously

It was a glorified sparring match at best

Khabib was toying with him
He would be an idiot to play around with so much on the line. Also, if you're just playing, you could play a lot better than he did.

That's disgusting. Advocating assault on a child, a prodigy no less? This is even worse than your Gene LeBell stories.

Never said I'd do it.

Just saying I could.

I could have probably kicked him into the bleachers without trying.

Maybe sunk him for three points, nothing but net.

Just rewatched Khabib V Al Iaquinta. A little less confident in Khabib
......"really man?? ...dont worry, he'll be all right" -Laquinta

maxresdefault.jpg

Are you an American calling me a bloke because you're a Conor fan? Fuck man, that's going too far. Go look in the mirror and slap yourself.

First it was D1, now it's D2? Lmao, I told you it wasn't even D3. He was a junior college wrestler, and an unaccomplished one at that, and believe me you would be able to tell if you knew what was up too!

He would be an idiot to play around with so much on the line. Also, if you're just playing, you could play a lot better than he did.
i personally believe it was an agreed upon sparring match spawned from not wanting to risk a potential Khabib Conor bout after the bus incident blew up and went viral. Just my thought though

Could be wrong but seems very likely

It was a sloppy fight. Khabib looked vulnerable and Al looked clumsy. He still walloped Ragin Al's butt with strikes but it was def a eye opener. Al is a tough nitty gritty fighter though. We all know that about him. He can be a bad match up for a ton of guys. He has the heart of a lion. Never gives up. Was one of the first times we saw Khabib fight a guy like him. Most guys get overwhelmed and give up . Ragin Al pushes through. You have to submit him or finish him or he will be in your face bleeding all over you like a maniac. He ain't no slouch. Top 10 guy.

All I remember is Joe Rogan ranting and raving about how Al is exposing Khabib. The way he was freaking out about kinda made the fight a bit strange to watch. I think Joe got some backlash for that to from Khabib's team and fans. Typa fight you gotta watch again muted. Then all ya see is Khabib dominating Al with strike after strike to the nose. Al's face was thrashed as fuck after that fight. Looked like he ran into a dump truck face first.

I think Conor saw that fight to and said the same thing a lot of people did. He probably thought to himself "I can knock this fool out easily if he pulls that shit and decides to stand". I think he can. He has a punchers chance and every round starts on the feet. Khabib is crafty though and Conor does not have half the heart or gas tank that Ragin Al has.

We will see Oct 6th i guess.. I Hope Conor knocks him out and stuns the world again but i won't be the slightest bit surprised if Conor gets ragdolled.

Lets also take in consideration that Khabib had 2 opponent changes and barely had any time to prepare for Yaquinta yet still pulled out a 50-43 victory.
That's a fair point. I assume then unlike any of the other anyone but Conor dick riders that you discount some of the tdd deficiencies Conor showed against Mendes because he was a change of opponent and Conor had a relatively short time period to prepare for a wrestler instead of a striker?

Never said I'd do it.

Just saying I could.

I could have probably kicked him into the bleachers without trying.

Maybe sunk him for three points, nothing but net.

You'd be gargling down a bottle or two of Proper No. 12 to numb the pain is what you'd be doing.

Um, he beat Nate pillar too post, and gassed himself doing it. Nate was just durable. Any other fighter would have been on the canvas if they took the punishment that Nate took.

He even swept Nate on the ground.

No way in hell Khabib survives even a fraction of the damage Nate did.

Let's also be realistic. Khabib hasn't really been tested. He probably has the most padded record in the UFC compared to the number of wins he has.

Rda and Bendo mauled Diaz. Mcgregor got bitch slapped and choked out in the first fight. The rematch was his but he got put on queer street gasping for air and he got taken down at the very end. His 2 performances against gatekeeper Diaz were pretty mediocre for a “goat” contender. But this has little to do with the thread. My point is that Al is a whole different fighter than Mcgregor and you cant be 100 percent sure about the outcome of this fight by watching prior fights of these 2. Both have looked great and bad at times. Both have clear weaknesses that can be exploited.

u can clearly see mendes gasping for air every time conor kicks him in the gut, that was the reason he was so gassed, i bet you know that "no training camp " stuff is bullshit but you're just a dishonest conor hater, mendes was on juice and he himself said that he keeps training no matter what cause someone could pull out
I just stated that Mendes gassed hence got ktfo othereise he was mauling Conor on the ground. How can that be compared to Al vs Khabib where AL barely touched Khabib?

Why he guessed is only an opinion. He could have very well guessed due to not having a proper camp or due to the kicks or both. But nuthuggers like you obviously show your bias. And because Mendes said he was training, doesn't equal to a full training camp moron.

As for Mendes being juiced and Conor taking that fight, Conor should be rightfully praised.

It is, pretty moronic to compare the two fights otherwise since one was a 50-43 and the other even though a finish was very competitive until the finish.

I just stated that Mendes gassed hence got ktfo othereise he was mauling Conor on the ground. How can that be compared to Al vs Khabib where AL barely touched Khabib?

Why he guessed is only an opinion. He could have very well guessed due tok jot having a proper camp or due to the kicks or both. But nuthuggers like you obviously show your bias. And because Mendes said he was training, doesn't equal to a full training camp moron.

As for Mendes being juiced and Conor taking that fight, Conor should be rightfully praised.

It is, pretty moronic to compare the two fights otherwise since one was a 50-43 and the other even though a finish was very competitive until the finish.
mendez lost his position after attempting a submission that conor defended and got up, sure it's just because he gassed m8

his wrestling coach for the last 6-7 years has been a Moldovan national team member

credentials aren't everything. Gsp had no formal credentials but trained with the Canadian National team and was amongst the best mma wrestlers. There's many examples like this

Simply breaking down credentials isn't always going to be accurate. Conor's wrestling is known to be highly underrated when technically analyzed by those In the know. His wrestling, particularly defensively Is far better than he gets credit for from the average fan

The only thing more pitiful then having never wrestled on a team, is to have wrestled on a team and failed. Then we know you suck. No doubt GSP could've been collegiate wrestler if the right path presented itself. Same for Conor. Same for Jose. We can't say the same about Al Iaquinta. LOL

Al's experience gets him by just as much or even more than most MMA fighters in terms of wrestling, but it's far from anything special, nor should ANYONE ever have thought he was even a remote threat to Khabib.

Back