Just got my Bas Rutten Cd's. . . . HOLY ****!!!

if anyones interested, i can put the whole thing to a mix cd. i'm a dj/producer.

i've been toying with the idea of putting together a mix of hip hop, rock, mashups, etc for workouts. i've done music for fitness instructors for years, never really put together a mix for lifting and/or fight training.

inbox me if you're interested

jamiejamie6661 said:
oh ok
great so you just make up whatever you want to chuck on the end
maybe kick or knee

what about after ever 'jab' ?

Pretty much if he says 3 you will do a jab, straight, left hook, then right kick/knee

If he says 2, jab, straight, left kick/knee.

4 would be jab, straight, left hook, straight, left kick/knee

You choose whether it is a kick or knee. What ever you feel like doing but mix it up. Don't Use a knee every single time or a kick every single time. Mix it up.

Hope this makes it clear, if this is wrong then I am doing something wrong, which is not uncommon lol. Someone tell me if I am wrong. I think I am right, if not I have been doing this workout wrong since I got it.

you knee or kick w/ whatever leg you didnt finish the combo w/.
ie, if you finish with a right straight, do a left knee or left kick. If you finish w/ a left handed punch, do a right knee or kick. FYI, the thai boxing is much harder than than boxing one.

the boxing and thai boxing useing a heavy bag are the best bag work routines i have ever done

Evergrey said:
those are the punches

1=jab
2=cross
3=hook
4=uppercut

in bas's cds its different - they are combos

1 = left straight
2 = left straight, right cross
3 = left straight, right cross, left hook
4 = left straight, right cross, left hook, right straight

he adds on from that baseline

Bas is the man. I've learned so much from him that he's become my hero not for being such a bad-ass in the ring but for teaching me how to live a better life and not get my ass kicked in grappling class... as much.

sundaysuit said:
torrent time = )

Bas deserves the money he gets from his DVDs and books. I'm not going to give you a moral speil about stealing them. I just don't want to hear about it. Cool? It's about respect. Thanks.

Urban said:
I had his CD's BEFORE they were cool... shit I don't even have the CD's, mine are cassettes.

I second that. Have had them since '03, when they were on cassette.

So do you guys think that this is an acceptable replacement for running?, because I hate running, I get way too bored.

I'm definately going to look into this...I already have his Big Books of Combat...but it's not the same as having a workout on CD/DVD

I'm assuming these workouts take approximately 30 min each, is this correct or am I off?

Thanks

AcidicChaos said:
I'm assuming these workouts take approximately 30 min each, is this correct or am I off?

Thanks

Yep, close enough. 28-30 mins, depending on the workout.

OldSpice said:
So do you guys think that this is an acceptable replacement for running?, because I hate running, I get way too bored.

Its good, but I don't know about it 'replacing' running. Its a mod to high intensity 30 min cardio workout, depending on how hard you go. Running is different.

I hate running too, but interval running gets rid of the boredom and certainly tests you. Try it.

ModernWarrior said:
Do you guys think Bas uses his tapes?

In Smashing Machine it shows him and Kerr doing the Thai one as a warm up(at least i think it was).

Back