Just got my Bas Rutten Cd's. . . . HOLY ****!!!

ModernWarrior said:
^^Definitely, he shows the basics of his workouts and does not do anything he does not show you. It really does not matter what level you are. It will get you in to shape if you put in the time.

But doing this once every couple of weeks is not gonna cut it. I would say a few days a week 2 or 3 if you are just starting. 5 if your in good shape.

I use his boxing workout on my heavy bag, and I am always exhausted afterwards. It is 7, 3 minute rounds. And that was only using hands, No kicks, sprawls, situps, etc. It is an excellent workout.

For each workout there is 2 minute rounds or 3 minute rounds.

awesome thanks man i think ima go buy em

I bought it on ebay a year ago, best 12 bux I ever spent! I also coded it to mp3 and mixed some music under, some hard metal in the rounds and chilly music in the pauses. Works great!

I've been doing the Thai Boxing CD with 3 minute rounds 3 times a week, wearing 16 oz gloves. My form, speed and power all go to shit by the end of a round but it beats the hell out of running, and my lungs burn when I'm done which makes me feel like I get more out of it, whether it's true or not.

damn i really need to look into this.

Kyryllo said:
I bought it on ebay a year ago, best 12 bux I ever spent! I also coded it to mp3 and mixed some music under, some hard metal in the rounds and chilly music in the pauses. Works great!

How did you do that? I have trying to find a program or something that I can do that with. It sucks not having any background music.

It would be WAY better with some music. Just listening to him all monotone gets old after you do it so much.

But, it is still one hell of a workout:icon_chee, every time I am spent when i finish.

ModernWarrior said:
How did you do that? I have trying to find a program or something that I can do that with. It sucks not having any background music.

Yeah how did you do that? Im would like to put some my own music in there!:D

i did it a very hard way using windows movie maker. First put like one random pic and the board and then the bas audio. Save this as a movie. Then put the movie on the story board and drag the music down under it. You can always preview it to see if its working. Then save this movie. Then you reload the new movie and click the little plus sign buy video on the story board and it will show the movies audio track. Drag this down into the audio and the video will dissapear and you'll only be left w/ the audio track. Save this as movie (it will actually save as a .wma audio file) and there you have it.

Lusst said:
WTF, why am I not able to connect to Limewire anymore?

Stop this Limewire :eek::eek::eek:otry Lusst for christ sake... Use the real mens tools, ftps, dc++ and torrents... ... ... ...

A mma fan/fitness enthusiast should know this...:p;)

The All-Around Fighting CD is best... I love it. I've progressed so much on account of Bas' CDs. Well worth the buy. Speed and cardio will improve dramatically.

Plus it's important to associate someone's instructions with your movements that way when coached in a fight, you can respond promptly.

those are the punches

1=jab
2=cross
3=hook
4=uppercut

Nova Uniao said:
wow good to know, i'll just go with SenshiJin and do it Rocky style, just need to find a meat factory

no i'm serious. i don't go to a gym and just use primitive tools to make workouts. i have rocks in my garden and i run with them in a backpack. i took a boiler from a customer's house (i work as a plumber) and i hit that with a sledgehammer. i try to be creative. its just that i hurt my shoulder surfing recently and i just got to stick with running.

Evergrey said:
those are the punches

1=jab
2=cross
3=hook
4=uppercut

ok yeah
but i was listening to the thai CD and he hardly calls out kicks
just knees sometimes
i assumed the numbers where different

Evergrey is mistaken. Those aren't punches. They're combinations.

1 = Left straight
2 = Left straight, right straight
3 = Left straight, right straight, left hook
4 = Left straight, right straight, left hook, right straight

If they were only single punches, the workout would be WAY too easy.

jamiejamie6661 said:
ok yeah
but i was listening to the thai CD and he hardly calls out kicks
just knees sometimes
i assumed the numbers where different

you're supposed to do a kick or a knee after every punching combo

eg. 4 - jab, cross, hook, cross & knee

oh ok
great so you just make up whatever you want to chuck on the end
maybe kick or knee

what about after ever 'jab' ?

I can also testify to how damn good these cds are.

Hell I like them so much they were the only thing that could force me out of hiding to sign up at sherdog!

jamiejamie6661 said:
oh ok
great so you just make up whatever you want to chuck on the end
maybe kick or knee

what about after ever 'jab' ?

Like he said, knee or kick after everything he says, so you are free to choose from those two, but if your -not- throwing any of the two your not doing the workout right....

Back