Just got my Bas Rutten Cd's. . . . HOLY ****!!!

I'llKillYaFace

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Man, this is the best fuckin workout i've ever done, and I didn't get bored for one minute.
I'm tellin ya, if you wanna get in shape, buy this shit, it's definately worth it.
Seems like everyone on here who has it said great things about it also.

Those are CD's - or DVD's???

I've been considering some type of instructionals. Got any details, or a link?

what do they cover? like do they improve strength and power as well or just conditioning and flexibility? also, do they focus at all on weightlifting or no? thanx

P.S. also, how many days a week should you do it.

You can get them here on Sherdog, or go to www.basrutten.tv

Basically, it's 4 cd's and 1 instructional DVD that just shows you the basics.

You can do them pretty much everyday if you want (if you can).
They have a Boxing, Thai Boxing, All Around Fighting, and All Around Workout.
They have 2 parts on each disk, 2 minute rounds, and three minute rounds each with 1 minute break in between.

No weight lifting is involved but it will definately improve your stamina and punching power.
In the all around workout, Bas has you doing push ups, abs, sprawls, and much more.

Trust me, its worth it.

I just finished the all around fighting CD a few minutes ago. Ive been doing the cd 5 days a week for 4 weeks, gone on a diet, and have lost 27lbs. Something I would recommend also is that you skip in between rounds. Damn fine workout.

I've had his cd's for quite some time and I have spent a lot of time using his boxing and thai boxing routine. The all around workout is tough stuff.....

What Are you using his boxing workout with? Thai pads, mits, heavy bag, or shadow boxing?

K T F O said:
I've had his cd's for quite some time and I have spent a lot of time using his boxing and thai boxing routine. The all around workout is tough stuff.....

What Are you using his boxing workout with? Thai pads, mits, heavy bag, or shadow boxing?
Right now i'm shadow boxing, but I plan to get the resistance bands to help my speed.

Heh - I tried the CDs last week and they showed me how out of shape I really am... great workout.

ok, cool, thanx, now, I have "off" days where I don't lift or do plyometrics I just do cardio. Would this be a good addition to my "off" days when I just do cardio to get a little bit more of a workout in? thanx.

KTC1369 said:
ok, cool, thanx, now, I have "off" days where I don't lift or do plyometrics I just do cardio. Would this be a good addition to my "off" days when I just do cardio to get a little bit more of a workout in? thanx.
Definatley, it's an excellent form of cardio.

I got them too and tried the mma workout today till i got a huge bleb under my big toe from the excessive sprawling. I feel like a pussy now.

Bas's CD's are a very good tool. I havent touched the all around workout but i do the Thai Boxing on a heavy bag w/mouth piece and im drenching sweat by the end!!! If i do the thai boxing without a bag and just shadow box with it then i will throw some burpees in tbetween rounds for about 30 seconds......definitely helps you improve your recovery time.

Edited: Missed a post.
Sounds like a good workout, I might try it if I can get a hold of it.

I had his CD's BEFORE they were cool... shit I don't even have the CD's, mine are cassettes.

Urban said:
I had his CD's BEFORE they were cool... shit I don't even have the CD's, mine are cassettes.
They're the work of Bas Rutten, how could they not be cool as soon as they came into existence?

I know Jason Statham does Bas's workout too. Gonna have to get my ass in gear and get the cd's I guess.

JasonM said:
I know Jason Statham does Bas's workout too. Gonna have to get my ass in gear and get the cd's I guess.
Really? Apparently he also used to be a pro diver. I knew he was a martial artist but was'nt aware he was a Bas devotee, he just went up in my estimation.

Did the all around fighting 3 minute rounds w/mouth piece last night (shadow boxing).....punches were definitely slowing down toward the last minute of each round, but my body is learning to recover very efficiently in the 1 minute rest between rounds!! No matter how beat i am at the end of a round, i am %100 at the beggining of the next round.

Back