JRE MMA Show #12 with Ben Askren

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
27 minutes in. This is seriously one of the best podcasts Rogan has done.

The first ten minutes is about Ben getting blindsided/bamboozled by the UFC during the end of his contract with Bellator. Seriously shady shit by the UFC, might even be illegal.

Ben so far seems pretty well-spoken and doesn't seem to have an inflated ego or anything.

10:00-17:00 about corruption of orgs like International Olympic Committee and NCAA by making billions from young athletes, when the athletes get nothing.

17:00- back to UFC's bullshit and how Dana likes Yes men.

22:00 - Athlete's mental state. Askren is obsessed about Sports Psychology and even briefly pursued a higher degree while preparing for the 2008 Olympics.

Is rogan trying to get himself fired or something?
Helwani would get a horses head in his bed if he pulled this shit

Last edited:
28:00- NCAA wrestlers eclipse MMA fighters in regards to discipline and structure.

NCAA wrestling also holds a tremendous advantage over MMA in matchups and coaching.

32:00- Francis Ngannou apparently doesn't want to train grappling, lol.

33:30- MMA fighters don't put in enough time wrestling.

35:00- CTE talk. Broscience banter.

38:00- Rogan has studied a lot about CTE apparently.

39:00- Askren brings up a good point about steroids/drugs contributing to CTE - still broscience.

Thanks for the timeline. Already watched, though.

But I guess your posts could keep n00bs updated.

Is rogan trying to get himself fired or something?
Helwani would get a horses head in his bed if he pulled this shit

He doesn't give a f and keeps saying how doing 3 things is too much and he'll soon drop one. Now that Jimmy Smith joined the UFC, i'd say his departure is pretty close.

40:00 - 42:00 - Oxycontion/Fentanyl/Tom Petty - U.S. has an epidemic.

43:00- MMA fighting is not a good career, lol.

44:00- the hedonistic lifestyle is a short one.

45:00- Dangerous sports/X-Games/Parkour/pushing it to the limit

48:00- Politics/labelling people "alt-right" - shaming through bullying and race-baiting.

50:00- Alex Jones/Milo Yanno-whatever are both entertainers and provocateurs - you need to take them with a grain of salt.

52:00- Sandy Hook/Las Vegas shootings - looking for answers. The Vegas shooter planned his murders.

56:00- Conspiracy theorists/Flat Earth - [Askren piss break]

1:00:00- Dunbar's number.

I'm done for now. I'll try to update tomorrow.

Thanks for the timeline. Already watched, though.

But I guess your posts could keep n00bs updated.

Or keeps people that don't have time to listen to every pod cast because they are busy with life updated.

Yes. Sorry bud, I don't consider myself a noob because I don't allot time to every single JRE pod cast. I like MMA over any other sport and watch as much as I can.

Yes, TS posts are helpful to individuals that do not have the time to listen to JRE pod casts.

Yes. Sorry bud, I don't consider myself a noob because I don't allot time to every single JRE pod cast. I like MMA over any other sport and watch as much as I can.

Yes, TS posts are helpful to individuals that do not have the time to listen to JRE pod casts.

Honestly, I regret my post. I was trying to be funny/ironic, but I realize that I came across as a dick.

good to see this posted so more ppl can get some eyes and ears on it.

Honestly, I regret my post. I was trying to be funny/ironic, but I realize that I came across as a dick.

don't regret it. you were. you didn't - was just a petty overreaction.

joe pretty much can say whatever he wants...it seems.

i don't believe him, sorry, i think instead of going to WSOF like UFC wanted to and Dana suggested, he choose to go to Asia fight MMA noobs, at WSOF they had real competition while at ONE they didn't, and i think he admitted that, he made that choice only to upset Dana lol so infantile

i don't really get wtf he was thinking back then if his plan was to fight at UFC

Rogan's says he makes the most money with his Podcast. Considering that he probably clears a few millions a year with his comedy, then that's quite significant. I think he has the biggest podcast out there right now. Not sure how much he makes with the UFC, but that's probably less than both the above.

Rogan's says he makes the most money with his Podcast. Considering that he probably clears a few millions a year with his comedy, then that's quite significant. I think he has the biggest podcast out there right now. Not sure how much he makes with the UFC, but that's probably less than both the above.

Probably, but I think UFC pays him pretty well too. But then again I think part of the reason Joe still does commentating is to have cage side seats to PPV's lol

i don't believe him, sorry, i think instead of going to WSOF like UFC wanted to and Dana suggested, he choose to go to Asia fight MMA noobs, at WSOF they had real competition while at ONE they didn't, and i think he admitted that, he made that choice only to upset Dana lol so infantile

i don't really get wtf he was thinking back then if his plan was to fight at UFC

What he says may be self-serving but are you really going to take the UFC's word over his?

Back