Josh Barnett accepting his 4 year suspension

It's like, how can you accuse USADA of witchhunting and being about the punishment when you are on your 4th steroid fail? I know Josh is known for shooting off his mouth on occassion, but that takes a breath taking lack of self-awareness to claim persecution when you've tested positive for roids the amount of times he has.
He's not wrong really. As much as I want clean athletes usada has been sketchy at best on many occasions. But yeah it's weird that someone of Barnett's reputation is doing that kind of finger pointing even though I don't disagree with him.

Obviously it’s a very dangerous sport but only 20 years ago people were allowed to stop in each close to death and still no one has died in the ufc. I hate what they are doing to the sport, I don’t want it clean, I want exact opposite actually, I want violence!!
MMA is a SPORT. If you want violence then youtube trailer park fights.

I've always liked Barnett and I love how he's all into Dungeons & Dragons and other geeky shit but honestly he deserves the 4 years. He states he doesn't trust USADA and won't work with them but c'mon he's the one who was caught cheating four times. Not just once or twice. Four. How can any opponent or the UFC trust him to be clean? They can't. I think he's possibly using the trust issue as an excuse because he knows he can't test clean and prepare for a fight again. Maybe time to retire?

Golden Snitch at it again. He said on Rogan's podcast that fighters should be honored that they get tested. Especially Holly Holmes since they keep testing her and still negative. He said she should be proud of it. Lol.

I wonder if the golden snitch has gone out of his way to find a tainted supplement like he does time and again for Jon Jones? I doubt it.

BTW the test Barnett failed while in Affliction was suspect as hell. I had never heard of anyone failing before a fight at that point. It 100% reeked of Dana White pulling strings to bury a legit competitor.

18 months would be great for him, why he doesn't just accept it? crazy

Fucking USADA,

We'll look back at this time and weep at the fighters they forced into retirement early for no reason. Just so fans can go on a mortal power trip and the UFC can cover their asses in case a fighter dies in the cage.

I've seen fighters claim they want USADA in place.

And what are you even talking about when you say "moral power trip"? Have you ever competed in anything in a serious manner in your life? Or are you just a fan of cheating or something?

Maybe Barnett will be the test case instead of Jones.....I honestly dont see a judge holding a fighter to a 4 year exclusivity clause with a partner that has no intention of working with them at all.....

Notice how Josh Barnett who is the most notorious steroid user ever barely gets any hate. Can't say the same for much lesser offenders.

Easier competition.

He gets very little hate because he is popular fighter with the hardcore fans like myself, he hasn't made up wild excuses for his usage (tainted blue sex enhancement liquids...) and he doesn't look like he uses. He has had a dad bod his entire career.

The only time I was pissed at him was when he beat Randy and then pissed hot.

The main issue is that the guy is an incredibly talented lifetime top 10 heavyweight and we missed out on many fights because of his abuses. Always wanted to see him fight Fedor.

Wierd question but do keep getting tested by usada when suspended?

Cause that'd be a great opportunity for him to get huge

Back