Josh Barnett accepting his 4 year suspension

And what are you even talking about when you say "moral power trip"? Have you ever competed in anything in a serious manner in your life? Or are you just a fan of cheating or something?

Have you? PEDs are ubiquitous among even serious amateurs, in my experience.

Great fighter but close to the end if it’s 4 years career over

What do yall think about fighters contracting on a fight to fight basis with each other with regards to substance use? Stay in USADA testing pool with the purpose of verifying contracted substances, maybe with the exception that they cannot fight for the title, I think about this with regard to older fighters often. Like if Belfort wants to have a couple more fights against aging stars and they both agree to the terms. However it would have the effect of fragmenting the talent pool and become a roadblock to certain fights. But still, Barnett vs Jones, if they both end up on long suspensions why don't they just fight each other.

Even if they came to an agreement to do that, which will never happen because it would betray USADA's mission and taint its reputation, there would be no legal stipulations they could realistically make. We're talking for the most part about class III controlled substances, prescription-only drugs (and ergogenic purposes are not legitimate prescriptive reasons), or research chemicals not for human consumption.

Dem tainted supplements, they really need to create an organisation who's job it is to independently test supplements, then have a website or something where athletes can check which supplements are safe to consume, it's just a shame we don't have this option..

http://www.informed-sport.com

Barnett was is a live proof that supplements are often tainted by manufacturers (not sure if willingly, still), USADA found the source in his unused supplements and also got tagged hard by WADA being able to find the same PED from a different lot of the same supplement.

All in all this is HUGE against USADA, and they make it worst by not recognizing their own mistakes, which is quite hypocritical since they're the ones who chases other people's mistakes.

@dimspace

Whats the deal with this?

Can tribulus terrestris trigger a false positive for Ostarine or is Barnett talking shit? Is tribulus terrestris banned?

Lol, ofcourse not. Ostarine, like all the modern SARMs have very unique molecular structures. If you test positive for Ostarine, you have taken Ostarine. The exception could be Andarine (S4), having a structure similar to bicalutamide. Bicalutamide is an anti androgen however so no athlete should ever get near that shit. And the bullshit excuse "tainted supplements" doesn´t work either, since none of the major supplement companies would ever deal with research chemicals like SARMs.

I´ve done Ostarine myself. It´s complete shit. For me it gave more side effects than anabolic steroids and almost none of the benefits of steroids. Useless. Barnett probably bought into the hype and thought it was undetectible. I mean, Barnett is a guy who used to run Halotestin for fuck sake... and now he pops for a shit compound like Ostarine. Pointless.

Notice how Josh Barnett who is the most notorious steroid user ever barely gets any hate. Can't say the same for much lesser offenders.
He doesn't really get love either. He's more or less irrelevant around here. He had oodles of hate in the affliction days

Easier competition.

It's like, how can you accuse USADA of witchhunting and being about the punishment when you are on your 4th steroid fail? I know Josh is known for shooting off his mouth on occassion, but that takes a breath taking lack of self-awareness to claim persecution when you've tested positive for roids the amount of times he has.
Affliction sends its regards.

Yes they are but there are also many many serious amateurs /Pros who would never do any sort of PED. In my experience even in cycling (a doping ridden sport) the vast majority does not do any form of doping. You can achieve A LOT with a sytematic thought through training regime and talent.

Sports I know of were that is the case in my country: cycling, wrestling, track & field

Nowadays especially untalented people underestimate what a human can achieve if he dedicates himself to the cause.

Dem tainted supplements, they really need to create an organisation who's job it is to independently test supplements, then have a website or something where athletes can check which supplements are safe to consume, it's just a shame we don't have this option..

http://www.informed-sport.com
No one wants this- then what excuse do they use when they get caught?

Are you claiming at some point in that post I stated people don't use PED's? Idk what you mean honestly.

Are you saying people who compete should be OK with PED's?

Last edited:
Are you claiming at some point in that post I stated people don't use PED's? Idk what you mean honestly.

Are you saying people who compete should be OK with PED's?

You didn't answer my question.

Barnett was is a live proof that supplements are often tainted by manufacturers (not sure if willingly, still), USADA found the source in his unused supplements and also got tagged hard by WADA being able to find the same PED from a different lot of the same supplement.

All in all this is HUGE against USADA, and they make it worst by not recognizing their own mistakes, which is quite hypocritical since they're the ones who chases other people's mistakes.
wait, what mistakes did USADA make?

they tested Barnett. he tested +. they asked for his supplements. he provided them. they tested his unused supplements. they tested +. they purchased others themselves; those tested +.

they did exactly the same thing for Barnett that they did for Jon Jones, Meeks, even Mendes (though Mendes couldn't support his theory, so he got the maximum).

but how come "All in all this is HUGE against USADA"?

the issue here seems to be that now USADA wants to hold other things in the past against him, and Barnett wants them to treat him like he doesn't have a past. i bet he does! lol but surely you recognize that that's a different issue than USADA making a mistake.

Barnett is probably one of those few guys who's got enough other stuff on the go that he can afford not to do MMA for 4 years.

In the case of a known juicer, does the fact he protested this one actually suggest he might be innocent?

You didn't answer my question.

Because it had nothing to do with what I was saying lol I used to do regional swimming until the disease I have took over my body. I never was able to get healthy enough to continue competing in anything past the age of 13 even though I was one of the best athletes in my school. I had coaches screaming in my face because they couldnt understand why I was so good but sucked so bad at the same time. I was sick.

So let me guess your point since you're being so vague..... Because I'm not a serious competitor I can't understand serious competition and make my own informed opinion on it?

Because it had nothing to do with what I was saying lol I used to do regional swimming until the disease I have took over my body. I never was able to get healthy enough to continue competing in anything past the age of 13 even though I was one of the best athletes in my school. I had coaches screaming in my face because they couldnt understand why I was so good but sucked so bad at the same time. I was sick.

So let me guess your point since you're being so vague..... Because I'm not a serious competitor I can't understand serious competition and make my own informed opinion on it?

You asked someone, “And what are you even talking about when you say ‘moral power trip’? Have you ever competed in anything in a serious manner in your life?

It's an odd question for you to ask, since you clearly haven't yourself, if your athletic career came to an end at 13.

In my experience, most “serious athletes” use; it's part of high-level sports.

Why do you think Randy declined to appeal his loss to Barnett when he popped after taking his title, saying “a loss is a loss”? He was a former Olympian; he knew the score.

Back