Josh Barnett accepting his 4 year suspension

Was reduced to 18 months and his team said try again USADA...? don’t understand what he’s thinking, he’d be eligible to fight a few months from now.

Fucking USADA,

We'll look back at this time and weep at the fighters they forced into retirement early for no reason. Just so fans can go on a mortal power trip and the UFC can cover their asses in case a fighter dies in the cage.

giphy.gif

It's like, how can you accuse USADA of witchhunting and being about the punishment when you are on your 4th steroid fail? I know Josh is known for shooting off his mouth on occassion, but that takes a breath taking lack of self-awareness to claim persecution when you've tested positive for roids the amount of times he has.

Honestly though as a fan I'm not badly disappointed to see him go out on a nice win in a great fight with Arlovski rather than beaten down like Nog.

Jones will be joining him in the 4 year club soon.

Fucking USADA,

We'll look back at this time and weep at the fighters they forced into retirement early for no reason. Just so fans can go on a mortal power trip and the UFC can cover their asses in case a fighter dies in the cage.

Obviously it’s a very dangerous sport but only 20 years ago people were allowed to stop in each close to death and still no one has died in the ufc. I hate what they are doing to the sport, I don’t want it clean, I want exact opposite actually, I want violence!!

If he was so forthcoming for previous violations, then that tends to give more credence to his protestations.

@dimspace

Whats the deal with this?

Can tribulus terrestris trigger a false positive for Ostarine or is Barnett talking shit? Is tribulus terrestris banned?

Obviously it’s a very dangerous sport but only 20 years ago people were allowed to stop in each close to death and still no one has died in the ufc. I hate what they are doing to the sport, I don’t want it clean, I want exact opposite actually, I want violence!!
I'm not saying someone will die as a result of riods but the UFC wants to cover themselves in the case that someone does die in the cage and they also find out the killer was on riods - that might end the sport.

@dimspace

Whats the deal with this?

Can tribulus terrestris trigger a false positive for Ostarine or is Barnett talking shit? Is tribulus terrestris banned?

Lmfao tribulus... Its a bunk supplement.

The only reason anyone would use this would be in a pct(post cycle therapy) and even then its more of a addon then main part of it

At this point he might as well go back to Japan and/or pro-wrestling.

Notice how Josh Barnett who is the most notorious steroid user ever barely gets any hate. Can't say the same for much lesser offenders.

At this point he might as well go back to Japan and/or pro-wrestling.

Easier competition.

What do yall think about fighters contracting on a fight to fight basis with each other with regards to substance use? Stay in USADA testing pool with the purpose of verifying contracted substances, maybe with the exception that they cannot fight for the title, I think about this with regard to older fighters often. Like if Belfort wants to have a couple more fights against aging stars and they both agree to the terms. However it would have the effect of fragmenting the talent pool and become a roadblock to certain fights. But still, Barnett vs Jones, if they both end up on long suspensions why don't they just fight each other.

Back