Jose Aldo Wants Jeremy Stephens @ UFC 224 in Brazil

Don’t make me do it...

P0QFEvK.gif

Active fighters only

aldo should retire honestly he is too shot and Stephens isnt the guy to fight now.

Wonder why Aldo wanna fight in Brazil??
{<BJPeen}

i think Aldo's chin is damaged and Jeremy can throw heat better than any 145er
But Aldo is the much more skilled fighter, pick em imo

I called for this fight after Stephens knocked out Emmett. Awesome matchup. Helps bolster 224 with that weak Main Event .

Who wins if they make it?

no poll? you're slacking Arkridge ;)

as an Aldo fan
not sure i want him in there this fight
i like Stephens too though

Stephens by uppercut decapitation.

It's a fun fight on paper, but this leaves the division in a weird spot if Aldo sleeps Stephens and Max gets by TCity.

This doesn't do a whole lot for Stephens.

If he does beat Aldo that is impressive as fuck for people who know how skilled he is but if Stephens finishes him, 4th in his last 5 by ko or tko which at a glance doesn't look that great.

It's like when Barboza outstruck Pettis in a distance striking match. You have to be skilled as fuck to give Pettis all the space he wants and to dominate him on the feet without pressure or wrestling at all but at a glance Pettis record looked bad leading into that fight.

Pretty sick if it happens the Rio card would be one of the best cards if not for Nunes vs Cyborg.

This doesn't do a whole lot for Stephens.

If he does beat Aldo that is impressive as fuck for people who know how skilled he is but if Stephens finishes him, 4th in his last 5 by ko or tko which at a glance doesn't look that great.

It's like when Barboza outstruck Pettis in a distance striking match. You have to be skilled as fuck to give Pettis all the space he wants and to dominate him on the feet without pressure or wrestling at all but at a glance Pettis record looked bad leading into that fight.

Man this is such a great post. It is so easy to tell who really understands this sport sometimes. Well done sir.

Props to Aldo. He could have picked Emmett. He is a warrior.

I thought Aldo was done with the UFC. I’d watch this. Great fight.

Man this is such a great post. It is so easy to tell who really understands this sport sometimes. Well done sir.
But money fight. JS gets more money and spotlight from beating the shell of Aldo than most other available 145er’s.

Emmett has a broken orbital bone and will probably be out quite a while.

other match ups? I'd say Aldo to Lightweight and if possible Korean Zombie vs Stephens

Aldo-Stephens is a good fight on paper, but given Aldo's back to back title losses ... eh, that kinda takes some of the steam out of the match up

**if Stephens-Aldo happens, it'll remind me a bit like Rothwell when he fought Dos Santos (who was coming off a bad KO loss to Overeem)

I don't see the point either. Stephens is on a career high and streaking .. why match him with someone who has lost back to back title fights?

I don't have a crystal ball, but the match making reminds me a bit of when Rothwell was on that win streak and fought JDS. They should try to find someone similar in win streak to put Stephens in with. Don't put him in with a guy who lost back to back title fights .. again nothing against Aldo, but that's the reality of the situation

why kill a potential contender, for someone who's 0-2 vs the current champ
Yeap aldo taking the second Holloway fight was great to save a card but it sent him back down the ladder.

Aldo needs to fight a lower level person and build up and if Holloway is champ still so be it....

Don't make aldo Fitch the division and kill Contenders off....

Aldo wins more often than not in a 3 round fight, but can still get KTFO. And I think he gets KTFO in a 5 round fight.

But money fight. JS gets more money and spotlight from beating the shell of Aldo than most other available 145er’s.

Maybe more spotlight, but assuming he headlines he probably won't make any more $. He's not getting a ppv share, he's not a big enough draw.

I was more talking about his actual analysis of the situation and the Barboza/Pettis comparison than I was his initial statement about how much Stephens does/doesn't benefit.

Fight makes a lot of sense for both guys. Aldo can prove himself as being a top guy with a win, and Stephens will give himself the strongest argument for the next shot with a win.

There's really no point for Aldo in taking a lesser opponent at this point in his career. I still think he's a tough matchup for Ortega if Ortega beats Holloway. Getting the title back is still a very real possibility.

Edgar is likely still one win away from another title shot, realistically.

I'm down. If I was Stephens I might opt for Korean Zombie or Elkins to keep my streak going. But he has the power tonhurt Aldo, who has reeally endured a lot of damage in his past 5 fights.

Edit: Didn't Stephens somewhat recently call out Aldo & Barao as PED abusers pre-usada?

Back