Jose Aldo Wants Jeremy Stephens @ UFC 224 in Brazil

agreed, but what other matchups are there to make for Stephens or Aldo? I guess you could throw Emmet against Aldo, or Stephens and Edgar, but seeing as how Emmet and Edgar both got brutally KO'ed, this is the matchup that makes the most sense, and is definitely a fun fight for the fans

It's definetly a fun fight for the fans. Mad respect to both fighters if this materializes. Risky fight for both of them.

I don't like this.

But it is, what it is.
War Aldo.

If they make it, I'm pulling for Jeremy. Pointless matchup though as it could potentially eliminate a contender if Jose wins, considering he most likely has a ways to go for another title shot.

Not true he gets title shot with a win if Ortega is champ. Just watch.

If they make it, I'm pulling for Jeremy. Pointless matchup though as it could potentially eliminate a contender if Jose wins, considering he most likely has a ways to go for another title shot.
I see your point but if Stephens cant get pass Aldo then he wouldnt be able to win the belt anyways imo

I hope this fight doesn't happen. Aldo has nothing left to prove. He should move over to boxing and leave MMA to these young savages. Or else we may see this Aldo again

jose-aldo-floor-620267.jpg

Awesome fight. What's up with the Aldo hate?

correct, but I guess you could say the Edgar fights were "close" or at least fairly competitive. prior to that yes, he usually dominated

and that Chad/Aldo fight was glorious. one of the best fights of the year iirc. pretty sure it took years off both their careers.
Edgar fights were only close if you listen to Rogan's bullshit. Pothead was unbearably biased in the first one.

A jab and straight punch from halloway, dropped aldo...imagine if jeremy stephens connects.

Aldo Chin is gone.

Love the fight. And it makes a lot of sense

Makes sense how? Aldo is coming off back to back title losses, while Stephens is on a 3 fight winning streak, and probably the closest to a title shot he's been in quite some time

seems like Aldo & Stephens are moving in opposite directions as far as where their careers are heading.

Edgar fights were only close if you listen to Rogan's bullshit. Pothead was unbearably biased in the first one.

I scored Aldo/Edgar 2 for Aldo 49-46, let me just get that out of the way. I'm not saying Frankie won.

But the rounds were competitive. It wasn't like the fight was one-sided. Aldo landed exactly ONE more strike in the fight than Frankie (80-79). I think Aldo's strikes were a bit cleaner and harder overall, but the fight was for sure competitive. Not "close" necessarily with round by round scoring because I think it was 4-1, but close from an overall perspective as pretty much all 25 minutes were competitive.

agreed, but what other matchups are there to make for Stephens or Aldo? I guess you could throw Emmet against Aldo, or Stephens and Edgar, but seeing as how Emmet and Edgar both got brutally KO'ed, this is the matchup that makes the most sense, and is definitely a fun fight for the fans

Emmett has a broken orbital bone and will probably be out quite a while.

other match ups? I'd say Aldo to Lightweight and if possible Korean Zombie vs Stephens

Aldo-Stephens is a good fight on paper, but given Aldo's back to back title losses ... eh, that kinda takes some of the steam out of the match up

**if Stephens-Aldo happens, it'll remind me a bit like Rothwell when he fought Dos Santos (who was coming off a bad KO loss to Overeem)

I don't see the point of the aldo fight, don't give aldo the chance to kill of a contender as long as Holloway is champ.

I don't see the point either. Stephens is on a career high and streaking .. why match him with someone who has lost back to back title fights?

I don't have a crystal ball, but the match making reminds me a bit of when Rothwell was on that win streak and fought JDS. They should try to find someone similar in win streak to put Stephens in with. Don't put him in with a guy who lost back to back title fights .. again nothing against Aldo, but that's the reality of the situation

why kill a potential contender, for someone who's 0-2 vs the current champ

Man I never imagined that in 2018 I'd favor Stephens in a fight against Also. And here we are.

Aldo is more skilled, but Jeremy is just a Savage. I can't remember anyone at featherweight who got Jeremy's respect striking wise.

Aldo has the better ground game on paper, but his refusal to take people down makes me unsure of whether this is really something he can exploit.

Man I never imagined that in 2018 I'd favor Stephens in a fight against Also. And here we are.

Aldo is more skilled, but Jeremy is just a Savage. I can't remember anyone at featherweight who got Jeremy's respect striking wise.

Aldo has the better ground game on paper, but his refusal to take people down makes me unsure of whether this is really something he can exploit.

At least he's been training...

Should be exciting... Aldo with kicks can be a problem for any opponent. But if he just boxes... Then going with Stephens.

Oh shit! Hell yeah the fight should be booked. Stephens so close to a title shot a win over Also is a guarantee ts.
Edit:If it doesn't happen Elkins vs Aldo.

Back