Jose Aldo Wants Jeremy Stephens @ UFC 224 in Brazil

This tells us one of two things

Aldo is scared of the damage that the damage will inflict in the late 3rd round....

Or... Aldo doesn't feel that the damage is worthy of a call out

What a bum

darren-elkins-ufc-fight-night-124-2.jpg

I called for this fight after Stephens knocked out Emmett. Awesome matchup. Helps bolster 224 with that weak Main Event .

Who wins if they make it?

The fight makes sense. That's what I love about Aldo. Lost his title to McGregor, came back and fought. Lost his belt to Holloway, wants to come back and fight. He's not giving up anytime soon. Some fighters lose their belts then they go in to "mmehh" mode meaning they just want to fight and collect a check instead of getting back to the title.

Much respect.

Damn Stephens might have wins over both Barao and Aldo

I'm tellin' y'all, Jose has not gotten worse, he has beat everybody he was supposed to and lost too the new breed. Jose is very likely still the second best (third behind Conor) feather in the world and very likely beats Mendes, Frankie, Ortega, Stephens, Lamas, etc at this point.....heck, Jose likely beats Jose from a few years ago, the game just advances at insane leaps and Jose went from a massive featherweight to a medium sized one in the span of four years.

I hope Aldo crashes the party

The nerve of this guy asking for title shot lol

I don't see the point of the aldo fight, don't give aldo the chance to kill of a contender as long as Holloway is champ.

Ortega vs Holloway will happen in June or July IIRC. That would be too long of a layoff for Stephens... If he wants to solidify his status as #1 contender this fight makes sense.

This seemed like a good match up after Stephans last fight. Aldo has the skillset to win and before his encounters with Holloway, this would be an easy victory....

If Aldo isn't broken (like Barao), easy win, if he is broken, prepare for a sad downfall.

Balls on Aldo. Stephens will come after him and kill or be killed. I have a bad feeling for Jose.

Just wanted to add to the consensus that I want this fight to happen. If Stephens wins, he cements his place as a title contender and we basically know its over for Aldo. Aldo wins, he gets to spoil the party and hang for a bit longer.

Props to Aldo for being so ambitious but Stephens is going to end him.

man, normally i don't get too invested when a fighter I like loses, but if Aldo gets beat by Stephens I'm gonna bummed out for like a week.

War Aldo Alday Every Day

Very winnable for Jose. Styles always make fights. Even in his improved state, Stephens is highly HIGHLY catch-able and a Technician like The GOAT could find that chin on more than one occasion en route to a finish or decision.

I'm tellin' y'all, Jose has not gotten worse, he has beat everybody he was supposed to and lost too the new breed. Jose is very likely still the second best (third behind Conor) feather in the world and very likely beats Mendes, Frankie, Ortega, Stephens, Lamas, etc at this point.....heck, Jose likely beats Jose from a few years ago, the game just advances at insane leaps and Jose went from a massive featherweight to a medium sized one in the span of four years.
aldo being behind mcgregor in the FW landscape......

<{cruzshake}>

I called for this fight after Stephens knocked out Emmett. Awesome matchup. Helps bolster 224 with that weak Main Event .

Who wins if they make it?

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS

Huge respect to Aldo, but I'll be rooting for Stephens because that'll be a crazy upset.

Back