Jose Aldo Wants Jeremy Stephens @ UFC 224 in Brazil

Good fight but Aldo should be done at 145. He's never gonna be champ again with Holloway on top and I'd rather not see him knock off exciting contenders with his point fighting bitch style. He should bulk up and go up to lightweight.

no poll? you're slacking Arkridge ;)

as an Aldo fan
not sure i want him in there this fight
i like Stephens too though
Haha I usually wait til a bout is official before making a poll my man.

I like it. Aldo seems alright when he's not holding up belts.

Sure, why not. I'd like to see that fight. Would be a good standup scrap. Would have said a few years ago Aldo is way too fast for Stephens and would light him up, but in 2018 I'm not so sure, Aldo has slowed down a lot, its very noticeable. Quite a close fight now I reckon.

Hell yeah. Stephens all pumped up these days. Aldo is Aldo (we can hope anyways). great all-violence team match-up.

I like it. Seems weird to be talking about Stephens/Aldo though. They went in opposite directions. Aldo's still trying to regain his footing in the division and Stephens is on tear knocking off young contenders.

Works well though, whoever wins has good claim to the winner of Holloway/Ortega.

I don't like this match up, for Aldo that is.After his last few performances I don't even want to see Aldo fight anymore but in a good way though.

yessss finally aldo looking like he's got some fight left in him great matchup for both guys

Anyone heard the rumours of Jose Aldo fancying himself against "That guy" at a possible UFC224 bout?

I read this quote from the Brazilian earlier today, “I asked to fight him, he asked to fight me, so it will be a great fight,” Aldo said. “I’m waiting for them to set it up.”

This declaration of war has car crash written all over it. Jeremy Stephens is on his way back to top form and Aldo has already passed him on the way down to the mma graveyard.

I'm actually worried about the mental state of Aldo if he's set on mixing it up with Stephens. Ever since receiving a humiliating lesson against Conor McGregor he hasn't looked like a contender. I give Aldo one round before the ref steps in. Stephens wins this any day of the week.

Who's your money on for this one?

It seems like Aldo lost his confidence after his losses (all were by KOs), which is understandable considering he went undefeated for a very long time.

Physically, he declined, too, due to his injuries and age, but in my opinion, the decline is also mentally.

I think Aldo would walk through him tbh. He has only lost to Holloway and McGregor, those two are a different class to Stephens.

Lol. Hes a fighter. The fight makes sense right now. Suicide mission??

Its a (free) main event, or alower main card ppv fight. Hed likely be the favorite too.

The fuck?

Now this a fight i'd like to see. Aldo it seems is on his way out but still wants to prove himself while Stephens is on a 3 fight win streak since like forever. This would be a great fight and an exciting headliner/co main. War both of them

I think Aldo would walk through him tbh. He has only lost to Holloway and McGregor, those two are a different class to Stephens.
Yea im a big Aldo fan, and 2 yrs ago this isn't even a conversation.

Now, in a 5 rounder, Stephens does have a legitimate chance.

I agree I’m a huge Aldo fan and I would hate to see him keep on losing Jeremy is the hardest hitter in the division, Aldo doesn’t need to keep fighting because unfortunately fans only remember when you win once you keep losing then they’ll call you a bum and say you were never any good.

Please just retire Aldo you are the featherweight goat no need to keep on fighting.

The guy's tough as nails which in a 5 rounder can be dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if Aldo were to decision him but I also wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy ko'd him. 2 brutal finishes in a row which shut up a lot of critics

Aldo despite being the only FW champ for years since it’s inception, isn’t a 5 round fighter.

Weird saying that.

Back