Jose Aldo has had 1 fight since getting KTFO by Conor.

People act like Conor doesn't defend the belt cause he's scared when he takes on much harder challenges than Aldo ever would.

What does one have to do with the other? Jose & Conor aren't tied at the hip no matter how hard you try to justify and make up pure bullsh!t as to Conor taking on harder fights rather than defend his belt what were the harder fights, Diaz 2 Aldo would've chopped kicked the sh!t out of Diaz legz ala RDA, Alvarez?

Truth of the matter no matter how hard you try to twist, contort, dismiss, the importance of defending, the truth is a True Champion is measured by his/her successful title defense, any f*king lucky hump can win a belt show me you can defend it that's the impressive feat.

What does one have to do with the other? Jose & Conor aren't tied at the hip no matter how hard you try to justify and make up pure bullsh!t as to Conor taking on harder fights rather than defend his belt what were the harder fights, Diaz 2 Aldo would've chopped kicked the sh!t out of Diaz legz ala RDA, Alvarez?

Truth of the matter no matter how hard you try to twist, contort, dismiss, the importance of defending, the truth is a True Champion is measured by his/her successful title defense, any f*king lucky hump can win a belt show me you can defend it that's the impressive feat.
Your opinion is stupid.

Ya we just went over that part. He earned the shot at 45, and after getting it, moved up and got the next one. So you're saying beating Jose Aldo was the easy part, and defending against max Holloway is the hard part, right? Lol

And lets see, he just barely won the 55 lb belt so of course he hasn't defended it yet. I never heard anyone say Eddie was low level before Conor beat him. I guess any low level guy can beat pettis, Gil, and then tko rda. So once again I'm not sure how him not defending yet is some kind of diss.

In your mind beating a champion is easy, and beating a contender after is the typet going around and only beating champions of multiple divisions?

It's clearly harder to win multiple fights in a row, constantly against the #2 guy than it is to win one single fight. Conor isn't going around fighting only champs. He's fighting Nate Diaz and the weakest LW champ in promotional history, whom he had a huge size advantage over.

The fact that Conor has zero title defenses ever has you rattled. 1-1 with Nate Diaz getting brutally finished once and barely winning a majority decision, an unearned title shot at 155 (Dana told Aldo he'd strip him if he moved up to fight Pettis for his belt, Conor is a marketing gimmick built on favoritism, weight cutting, and dipshit fanbois like you), and now a long-term layoff so that the top contenders can fight each other and lessen his competition.

You're pathetic.

I'm talking about the period when Conor was the champion. Aldo was promised Conor after the Frankie fight, then he went on his fit after he was lied to by Dana. He may have also been promised another rematch before that but I can't remember.

Damn you guys make up lies. You don't know shit about what he did or didn't promise.

Dana says one guy will get the next title shot all the time publicly, and then another guy wins a month later, and he jumps in front of the guy. It happens all of the time. Dana doesn't need to make any promises to anyone, because the value of a fighter changes every day. If he does make a promise like that, any fighter would be stupid as shit to believe it, because that is subject to change, and verbal agreements don't mean shit in the first place. Aldo has been running from HOlloway for 12 months, and the UFC knows it. They'll eventually call him out publicly for it again if he doesn't sign for Holloway in the next month.

Damn you guys make up lies. You don't know shit about what he did or didn't promise.

Dana says one guy will get the next title shot all the time publicly, and then another guy wins a month later, and he jumps in front of the guy. It happens all of the time. Dana doesn't need to make any promises to anyone, because the value of a fighter changes every day. If he does make a promise like that, any fighter would be stupid as shit to believe it, because that is subject to change, and verbal agreements don't mean shit in the first place. Aldo has been running from HOlloway for 12 months, and the UFC knows it. They'll eventually call him out publicly for it again if he doesn't sign for Holloway in the next month.
Uh huh. All I'm going to say is that Tyron was promised a title shot after Hendricks didn't make weight, and he got it. The fact that Conor fanboys seem to bash Aldo so much on Conor's behalf is sad.

I like Aldo but I do honestly wish he was more active. He has had a lot of injuries, and when he is not injured he is still having long breaks between fights. He is very talented and skilled for sure!! but I admit I don't like his inactivity which has been a constant theme since WEC finished.

Uh huh. All I'm going to say is that Tyron was promised a title shot after Hendricks didn't make weight, and he got it. The fact that Conor fanboys seem to bash Aldo so much on Conor's behalf is sad.

I've been bashing Aldo since before Conor was even on the scene. Aldo's been pulling these same maneuvers to get out of fighting different guys for like 5 or 6 years now. He eventually fights them, but only after stalling it for 6 to 15 months where the UFC forces him to. He had the belt so there was only so long that he could avoid certain guys. He wants nothing to do with Holloway.

Conor has had 3 and all of them much more entertaining.

You talk about how Conor hasn't defend the FW title. You take into account 1 of those fights was for the LW title. The next time Jose Aldo fight to "defend" that "belt", Conor would probably already be fighting again.

People act like Conor doesn't defend the belt cause he's scared when he takes on much harder challenges than Aldo ever would.

Aldo probably would defend once a year AT MOST if his back wasn't against the fence right now.

"he takes on much harder challenges than Aldo ever would"
FALSE Aldo thought about moving up. But being unfit for promotion and infrequent, they denied.

"People act like Conor doesn't defend the belt cause he's scared"
I don't use the word "scared" like your types, but he still never defended. He was the FW champ. Taking on money fights and other challenges other than defending the belt means the belt is SAFE.

Aldo probably would defend once a year AT MOST if his back wasn't against the fence right now.
McGregor held up the rematch. Holloway is holding up the unification.

And what does that have to do with Dana White specifically stating that Aldo had to vacate if he wanted to fight for the 155 strap?

Because I was talking about what Aldo said on the topic, not who was the first one to say it. You brought that up as if - I can only imagine - it was some pot shot at Aldo.

Yet you ignored said evidence of Dana's own words, and opined that it was about "money", implying that Jose could've fought for the LW title and kept his FW belt, if the price had been right. Now re-read your statement above, especially the part about presumptions, but this time listen real closely for the irony.

"evidence" ffs. No, counsel, I didn't ignore the evidence - I didn't even dispute who said it first. I found your 'it's cool to hate on Aldo' comment strange and juvenile and confusing as to why you'd say that. Look at the video again and listen to what Dana says. He hints that nobody wants to fight Pettis and I'm assuming that Aldo is one of those fighters he's referring to seeing as he's talking about him in it.

I don't think Aldo was or is afraid to fight Pettis, so that's why I opined it was about money. Dana mentions having a conversation with Pedernieras in that video saying that they felt Pettis wasn't deserving of a title shot. He is Aldo's coach and manager. I can't see it being anything other than his way of him using negotiation tactics to earn more money - even though the conversation Dana recaps about them having is a brief one.

Now before you reply, let me make one or two things clear;

- we're hearing one side of the story. I don't know what Pedernieras' response to that was, as I'd lost all interest in the whole saga.

- I don't think Aldo was afraid to fight Pettis. And you might be confused with the time line there - that fight was not being discussed when Pettis held the LW belt.

- why wouldn't Aldo be looking for more money? Pettis was a big name at the time and they matched up well stylistically. But we don't know what really happened in the background/discussions. Plus, Aldo has talked about not being paid well or that fighters should be paid on a weekly basis.

Winning a belt and defending a belt are the same thing, they're a fight with a belt on the line. It's the exact same situation as winning it. Truly hilarious when people try to downplay winning a belt as nothing and something anyone can do, but oh no fighting for the belt and winning it again is the real feat.

Let me guess if someone you hated won a belt and defended it your next excuse would be "Anyone can win and defend one time, let's see him break the title defense record only then will it be impressive!"

Because I was talking about what Aldo said on the topic, not who was the first one to say it. You brought that up as if - I can only imagine - it was some pot shot at Aldo.

"evidence" ffs. No, counsel, I didn't ignore the evidence - I didn't even dispute who said it first. I found your 'it's cool to hate on Aldo' comment strange and juvenile and confusing as to why you'd say that. Look at the video again and listen to what Dana says. He hints that nobody wants to fight Pettis and I'm assuming that Aldo is one of those fighters he's referring to seeing as he's talking about him in it.

I don't think Aldo was or is afraid to fight Pettis, so that's why I opined it was about money. Dana mentions having a conversation with Pedernieras in that video saying that they felt Pettis wasn't deserving of a title shot. He is Aldo's coach and manager. I can't see it being anything other than his way of him using negotiation tactics to earn more money - even though the conversation Dana recaps about them having is a brief one.

Now before you reply, let me make one or two things clear;

- we're hearing one side of the story. I don't know what Pedernieras' response to that was, as I'd lost all interest in the whole saga.

- I don't think Aldo was afraid to fight Pettis. And you might be confused with the time line there - that fight was not being discussed when Pettis held the LW belt.

- why wouldn't Aldo be looking for more money? Pettis was a big name at the time and they matched up well stylistically. But we don't know what really happened in the background/discussions. Plus, Aldo has talked about not being paid well or that fighters should be paid on a weekly basis.

Hello Sir.

Your entire post above seems to be talking about Aldo's potential matchup with Pettis right before Holloway and Pettis fought at UFC 206, when there were rumors that Aldo and Pettis would fight.

However, that has nothing to do with your original statement that I replied to, and has been the crux of our disagreement:

I think the UFC told him he had to vacate the 145 belt if he wanted to fight Pettis for the 155 belt - that's according to Aldo.

I will reiterate that Dana White specifically stated that Aldo had to vacate if he wanted the 155 belt - and your response? "Whatever".

Now, after calling me presumptuous, you point to some video where Dana "hints" that nobody wants to fight Pettis, and you "assume" that "Aldo is one of the fighters he's referring to".... .... .... ???

Ya, you may not be "hating" on Aldo, which you took great objection to, but you sure seem to make a lot of "presumptions" about him.

Either you are severely confused, or are intentionally trying to obfuscate the matter.

Last edited:
Winning a belt and defending a belt are the same thing, they're a fight with a belt on the line.

The belt is only on the line for the Champ. So no, they are not the same thing.

And I don't think that's the point. Conor took on fights INSTEAD OF putting his belt on the line. He was allowed to keep it safe, and retain his lofty position as Champ without assuming the risk of defending. This is what people are upset about.

Everytime a champ defends, he risks losing his belt, he risks a fall from that perch. Conor avoided that situation and has been the first allowed to do so. Whether that's justified because of his selling power is debatable, but there is no question that a title defense implies risk.

Conor likes challenges where he has nothing to lose. He unwilling to risk being the one with something to lose.

Conor likes challenges where he has nothing to lose. He unwilling to risk being the one with something to lose.
Do you even think before you post?!

1. He had the Aldo title shot and he still accepted the Siver fight. That is everything to lose and very little to gain.
2. He had the Aldo fight and when Aldo was injured he only needed to wait for him. Instead he fights Mendes on short notice with an injured knee. That is a risk. If he lost he would have lost the title shot.
3. RDA pulls out injured. Conor could have waited. Instead fights Nate. Nothing much to gain and everything to lose. He lost.

3 big moments in a very short career.

The narrative you haters keep pushing is laughable and inaccurate.

Conor has had 3 and all of them much more entertaining.

You talk about how Conor hasn't defend the FW title. You take into account 1 of those fights was for the LW title. The next time Jose Aldo fight to "defend" that "belt", Conor would probably already be fighting again.

Except Aldo wanted to move up and fight for the Lightweight belt, but was told he had to vacate first.

Back