Jose Aldo has had 1 fight since getting KTFO by Conor.

Yeah, but according to Aldo he never turned down a fight... His coach did.
I think the UFC told him he had to vacate the 145 belt if he wanted to fight Pettis for the 155 belt - that's according to Aldo.

I lost interest in all of this when Dana gave this interview:

And then eventually when they were due to fight for the FW belt, Pettis got injured. He'd more or less cleaned out 145 and should have being given a chance to fight for the 155 belt and even if it was to hold two belts at the same time and vacate one. It's not a knock, but you wouldn't have much confidence in him defending both at the same time.

Can you guys even read?

“He’ll vacate the title, move up to 155, and fight for the title,” White said of Aldo.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jose-aldo-...enge-anthony-pettis-for-ufc-lightweight-title

It's not "what Aldo said", it's what Dana said. I get that you guys think it's cool to hate on Aldo since Conor made it a fad, but at least do some homework and be a little more educated in your rationale.

Last edited:
Aww poor Aldo it's never his fault, it's always somebody else trying to pull one over him.
Lets look at the actual timeline:

Conor scheduled to fight RDA, RDA pulls out
Aldo is offered 2 week short notice rematch at 155 not for the belt, shortly after being cleared to train.
Aldo declines that fight (wisely)
Conor then fights Diaz.
After he loses, he says in post fight presser he's going to go down and defend FW belt, Dana says same thing.
Aldo waiting to see if he's going to get his rematch.
Conor instead becomes "obsessed" with Diaz rematch.
Aldo is offered interim title fight with Frankie, under the premise that if he wins, he will get his rematch with Conor.
Aldo accepts this fight, beats Frankie, is interim champ. Dana publicly states that Conor will have to rematch Aldo after fighting Nate.
Aldo waits for that fight to come.
That fight doesn't come.
Conor fights Eddie for LW title, says he is taking an extended break and him and his team give zero indication that he has any plans of returning to FW on his eventual return. They don't mention FW belt at all. They talk about fighting Woodley and Mayweather.
Conor is stripped. Aldo is promoted to champion.
Aldo signs to fight winner of 206 before the event.
Max wins, calls out Aldo for Brooklyn.
Aldo has already signed to fight Max. Max is injured, wants to go to Disneyland, etc. Max turns down the fight.

Please point out to me what in this timeline is Aldo's fault.

Since 2014, he has fought 4 times. His average is actually getting worse year by year. The 2009-2010 period makes it look better but especially recently it's going on a downward trend.

Since 2013, Conor has fought 10 times and Aldo has fought 6 times. That is a 4 fight difference or a two years in Aldo fighting terms.

There's a big difference between taking a 5 round title defense, and a 3 round non title fight.

Of course guys who are taking 3 round fights against lower ranked opponents will have more.

I agree. Seeing Connor getting choked the fuck out by Nate Diaz was the most satisfying thing I've seen in a very long time. Much more so than seeing Honda getting humbled.
I actually liked the panic wrestling part better

Whatever. He repeated that comment himself when the whole retirement saga was going down.

Er, no.

I would believe the "Er, no" line if you just admitted you were wrong instead of saying "whatever" and backpedaling into some new topic.

That;s because all he wants is Conor and at any weight. The belt doesn't matter. This is common knowledge for anyone who has been paying attention.

Unfortunately Conor doesn't want a rematch, and Dana will do whatever Conor wants, even if it's totally disrespecting one of the greatest champions in MMA history.

Bottom line is they have to eventually fight again. Hopefully once Khabib executes Conor (that is IF Dana even allows Conor to be executed), Aldo gets his way, and we can finally end this story.
They're painting themselves into the same corner as at FW, by making Khabib/Tony for an interim. which means almost certainly conor will fight at WW upon his return. Whether it's khabib or Tony, it's like .00000001% chance that conor fights either of them this year.
If he fights Woodley or WB, and it's even slightly competitive, he'll demand a rematch, and they'll have to give it to him. If he wins by some chance at WW, he'll prob retire or fight Nate at WW again.
It's entirely possible, even likely, he never defends the LW belt.

I would believe the "Er, no" line if you just admitted you were wrong instead of saying "whatever" and backpedaling into some new topic.

I couldn't give a fuck what you believe, to be honest.

Your facts and sources are meaningless in any Conor related thread.
It's just silly. It's well documented that UFC told Aldo he had to vacate FW belt to fight Pettis for LW belt. Dana said, he would need to vacate and he could get an immediate shot to win the belt back if he lost to Pettis.

""I can answer that question: The answer is yes," White said. "[Aldo] would vacate the title, move up to 155, fight for the title. If he didn’t win the title at 155 he could go back and challenge for the 145-pound title again if he wanted to do that. Or, if he wins the 155-pound title, then two other guys would fight for the 145-pound title."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/5/5382826/jose-aldo-vs-anthony-pettis-fight-already-in-danger

I couldn't give a fuck what you believe, to be honest.

It has nothing to do with what I believe, and everything to do with the fact that you posted bullshit, and got called on it.

Conor has had 3 and all of them much more entertaining.

You talk about how Conor hasn't defend the FW title. You take into account 1 of those fights was for the LW title. The next time Jose Aldo fight to "defend" that "belt", Conor would probably already be fighting again.

People act like Conor doesn't defend the belt cause he's scared when he takes on much harder challenges than Aldo ever would.

Aldo probably would defend once a year AT MOST if his back wasn't against the fence right now.
Did you fall off the stupid tree?

It has nothing to do with what I believe, and everything to do with the fact that you posted bullshit, and got called on it.

When he went to Vegas to have a meeting with the UFC - just after retiring - he talked about it and many other issues he had with the UFC; some that were known, and some that weren't. Either way, he mentioned it.

I can't speak for the other person, but you chimed in with your 'it's cool to hate Aldo' presumptuous comment. Hate him for what? It's one of the most juvenile things I've read on here.

Lets look at the actual timeline:

Conor scheduled to fight RDA, RDA pulls out
Aldo is offered 2 week short notice rematch at 155 not for the belt, shortly after being cleared to train.
Aldo declines that fight (wisely)
Conor then fights Diaz.
After he loses, he says in post fight presser he's going to go down and defend FW belt, Dana says same thing.
Aldo waiting to see if he's going to get his rematch.
Conor instead becomes "obsessed" with Diaz rematch.
Aldo is offered interim title fight with Frankie, under the premise that if he wins, he will get his rematch with Conor.
Aldo accepts this fight, beats Frankie, is interim champ. Dana publicly states that Conor will have to rematch Aldo after fighting Nate.
Aldo waits for that fight to come.
That fight doesn't come.
Conor fights Eddie for LW title, says he is taking an extended break and him and his team give zero indication that he has any plans of returning to FW on his eventual return. They don't mention FW belt at all. They talk about fighting Woodley and Mayweather.
Conor is stripped. Aldo is promoted to champion.
Aldo signs to fight winner of 206 before the event.
Max wins, calls out Aldo for Brooklyn.
Aldo has already signed to fight Max. Max is injured, wants to go to Disneyland, etc. Max turns down the fight.

Please point out to me what in this timeline is Aldo's fault.

Declining the short notice rematch against Conor after saying anywhere even on the streets, after he had already gotten a year + of preperation for Conor. After this, all of your excuses fall apart.

Back