Jose Aldo has had 1 fight since getting KTFO by Conor.

The only thing worth responding to here is this. Cause it illustrates the point that you are an idiot.
If you want to dispute this, please post YOUR SOURCE.

"Waldo didn't sign anything to fight Max"
View attachment 192019

"After all of this, I see I can't trust a single word from president Dana White and that the person in charge of the event now is Conor McGregor," Aldo told Brazilian news outlet Combate.

So you're telling me he signed to fight Max after this but, Max denies knowing anything about it. LOL

Yep Aldo's word such is gospel <TrumpWrong1>

Thanks for that :D

Conor has had 3 and all of them much more entertaining.

You talk about how Conor hasn't defend the FW title. You take into account 1 of those fights was for the LW title. The next time Jose Aldo fight to "defend" that "belt", Conor would probably already be fighting again.

People act like Conor doesn't defend the belt cause he's scared when he takes on much harder challenges than Aldo ever would.

Aldo probably would defend once a year AT MOST if his back wasn't against the fence right now.
That's because you are too stupid to realise he didn't fight because he was waiting for Conor, who run from him for over a year, to the point he LOST his belt (and is still running).

Aldo fought 6 times in one year... Conor was NEVER that active.

Source??

In no way would the UFC every strip a champion going for a 2nd belt, it's promotional suicide. It makes no sense.

Aldo said they told him he wouldn't be allowed to keep his FW belt. But it's obviously if he had won the LW belt.

Did they strip Penn when he went up and fought GSP??
read this link.
Here's Dana's quote:
He’ll vacate the title, move up to 155, and fight for the title,” White said of Aldo. “If he doesn’t win the title at 155, he can go back and challenge for the 145-pound title if he wanted to do that, or if he wins the 155-pound title and two other guys would fight for the 145-pound title.”

pretty straight forward.
Dana did not allow Aldo to get both belts.
That's why Aldo did not do it.

to add to it, Andre Pederneiras tried a compromise, but Dana did not accept it.
"(A catchweight) would be interesting for both," Pederneiras said. "They would keep the belts and do the fight everybody wants to see. Nobody wants to take the other’s title, we want to see the fight and do a great show for everybody. Aldo would move up a little, Pettis cuts a little, and it’s good for everybody."

And after Conor beat Aldo and decided to fight for the LW belt, here's what Andre said:
"If Conor goes up he should relinquish the featherweight belt. We had an issue with Anthony Pettis in the past that was actually created by me. Aldo wanted to go up and fight for the lightweight title and the UFC said no. Pettis then decided he wanted to come down to featherweight to fight for the title. Originally we said no, as he wasn't even the lightweight champion at the time and wanted to go straight into a featherweight title match. When he won the lightweight belt I tweeted at him during the press conference. 'Pettis are you going to give up your 155 belt to face Aldo at 145?' He answered, 'No!', and Dana [White] immediately replied that's not my place to get involved and that's something that's not my option."
here's the link to the above quote

hope it settles it.

Last edited:
"After all of this, I see I can't trust a single word from president Dana White and that the person in charge of the event now is Conor McGregor," Aldo told Brazilian news outlet Combate.

So you're telling me he signed to fight Max after this but, Max denies knowing anything about it. LOL

Yep Aldo's word such is gospel <TrumpWrong1>

Thanks for that :D
You missed the point. I'm not saying Dana is not a liar. They gave Khabib 2 contracts to fight Eddie.
Aldo said he signed a contract to fight the winner of 206 in Brooklyn prior to 206. Ariel said he fact checked what Aldo said about 208 and it was all accurate.

I'm not taking Aldo's word. I'm taking Ariel's word that he fact-checked Aldo's word, and confirmed he was telling the truth.
Whether Dana was lying, or Max didn't know about it, are both irrelevant to whether Aldo is telling the truth. Which was confirmed by Ariel that he was.

Winning a belt and defending a belt are the same thing, they're a fight with a belt on the line. It's the exact same situation as winning it. Truly hilarious when people try to downplay winning a belt as nothing and something anyone can do, but oh no fighting for the belt and winning it again is the real feat.

Let me guess if someone you hated won a belt and defended it your next excuse would be "Anyone can win and defend one time, let's see him break the title defense record only then will it be impressive!"

This ^^^^ is one idiotic post winning a belt and defending a belt are the same thing? One person has the belt the other doesn't who in your eyez has the more weight to carry son?

Do you even think before you post?!

1. He had the Aldo title shot and he still accepted the Siver fight. That is everything to lose and very little to gain.
2. He had the Aldo fight and when Aldo was injured he only needed to wait for him. Instead he fights Mendes on short notice with an injured knee. That is a risk. If he lost he would have lost the title shot.
3. RDA pulls out injured. Conor could have waited. Instead fights Nate. Nothing much to gain and everything to lose. He lost.

3 big moments in a very short career.

The narrative you haters keep pushing is laughable and inaccurate.

Your 1 is a bold faced lie. Please post source of Conor's title shot before the Siver fight. I'll save you time you can't. He "earned" his title shot after Siver.

Hand picking a replacement, that everyone knew was filming a hunting for aldo is not what I call much of a risk.

He lost the Diaz fight and didn't lose anything. He forced a meaningless rematch and got a LW title shot after going 1-1 against a fringe top 10 LW, at WW. Don't quote the UFC ranking are they a farce. What exactly did he risk? He still got his TS.

You can fool your fellow Conor noobs with your unadulterated bullshit. I didn't just start following the sport last year. Stick to the Conor circle jerk threads.

Last edited:
You missed the point. I'm not saying Dana is not a liar. They gave Khabib 2 contracts to fight Eddie.
Aldo said he signed a contract to fight the winner of 206 in Brooklyn prior to 206. Ariel said he fact checked what Aldo said about 208 and it was all accurate.

I'm not taking Aldo's word. I'm taking Ariel's word that he fact-checked Aldo's word, and confirmed he was telling the truth.
Whether Dana was lying, or Max didn't know about it, are both irrelevant to whether Aldo is telling the truth. Which was confirmed by Ariel that he was.

Back-stepping is a beautiful move. Just ask Conor and erm.... Jose

bye

Your 1 is a bold faced lie. Please post source of Conor's title shot before the Siver fight. I'll save you time you can't. He "earned" his title shot after Siver.

Hand picking a replacement, that everyone knew was filming a hunting for aldo is not what I call much of a risk.

He lost the Diaz fight and didn't lose anything. He forced a meaningless rematch and got a LW title shot after going 1-1 against a fringe top 10 LW, at WW. Don't quote the UFC ranking are they a farce. What exactly did he risk? He still got his TS.

You can fool your fellow Conor noobs with your unadulterated bullshit. I didn't just start following the sport last year. Stick to the Conor circle jerk threads.
Is it possible to use a source when if Dana says it you will just post an image of "don't trust this guy". Or if it's a website "they are UFC shills". He had the title shot. He wanted to stay active because Aldo had Mendes to deal with. Unsurprisingly Aldo pushed that fight back.

Hand picked...LAL. The fighter that gave Aldo his toughest fight prior to Conor. Apparently Conor's kryptonite...oh but because he beat him Mendes was shit and Frankie is the harder matchup. The reality is Conor had an injury worse than Aldo's and he still fought and won. He had every excuse to wait, but didn't.

Didn't lose anything. HA. He needed to get back that loss to get the title shot back. He risked a lot. If he lost to Nate again it would have damaged him exponentially. "don't quote ufc rankings" - why because it doesn't suit your bullshit? Nate was #5 after beating MJ. His rank was that in Jan well before Conor vs. Nate was even planned. But of course "UFC inflated his rank to make Conor's opponent seem better" - nope. You're wrong.

You Conor haters are small time. easy pickings.

Back-stepping is a beautiful move. Just ask Conor and erm.... Jose

bye
So stupid. I didn't backstep at all, you said that Dana being a liar and untrustworthy somehow proved that Aldo's statement was not true about signing for the fight before 206. As stated, Aldo's statements were fact checked and confirmed by Ariel. Pretty simple ... for reasonable people.

This ^^^^ is one idiotic post winning a belt and defending a belt are the same thing? One person has the belt the other doesn't who in your eyez has the more weight to carry son?

Neither of them have the belt when they step into the cage, once they're actually fighting it's the same as any other fight. Defending once doesn't carry anymore weight than winning once. It only does in your attempt to find any little thing you can think of and attempt to hold to so you can belittle the achievements of someone far above you.

The belt is only on the line for the Champ. So no, they are not the same thing.

And I don't think that's the point. Conor took on fights INSTEAD OF putting his belt on the line. He was allowed to keep it safe, and retain his lofty position as Champ without assuming the risk of defending. This is what people are upset about.

Everytime a champ defends, he risks losing his belt, he risks a fall from that perch. Conor avoided that situation and has been the first allowed to do so. Whether that's justified because of his selling power is debatable, but there is no question that a title defense implies risk.

And a challenger risks losing his chance at becoming a champion, he risks falling down the ranks and making less money. There's just as much risk for the challengers for the most part. Winning a title isn't "easy" as the person I quoted said it was and defending is just another fight for the title.

Also no people aren't upset that he took fights, people are upset because they're haters and want to see him fall. If he didn't take those fights people would still have called for him to be stripped of the title. Meanwhile Aldo won't be defending his title any time soon, already at a point were people were calling for Conor to be stripped due to inactivity. yet no one is saying a word about him being stripped.

All the more reason to dislike Aldo. Guy bitches about fighter pay but rarely fights. He took little damage from Edgar. He should've been in the Octagon AT LEAST once since that fight.

I like both fighters, but I seem to recall Aldo wanting to move up at one point and the UFC was like "nah".

Aldo is an infrequent fighter though, he either takes forever to fight or gets injured and that prolongs things.

But seriously, why can't people like both of these animals?
Because Conor doesn't pull out of fights unlike the other "animal,"

Back