Jon Jones CSAC Hearing LIVE Broadcast DISCUSSION THREAD

I always thought Jones roided after he failed test. But this situation is so strange....passed random tests, failed announced test very close to fight, with a steroid that doesn’t clear the system quickly, and extremely trace amounts.....so weird.

I think the answers are simple.

1. He thought he would pass the test through whatever means he was told.
2. He's not very smart.

If you take those two very simple premises everything is very easily explained and there is no need for a bigger conspiracy.

We obviously can't find the truth about #1 as we can't know what a person is thinking, but all you need to do is watch the hearing and you can clearly see that for #2 he is dumb as dog shit.

That's what makes it so suspicious. Passed a bunch of random tests, failed announced test.

Reminds me of those dirty cops with bodycams planting evidence not knowing pressing record button saves the prior who knows how many seconds into the video.

just shows how dumb jon is.

If USADA is legit. He gets minimum 4 yr retroactive suspension. So, hopefully there will be no meaningful drama from the guy for at least the next 3, and a half years. If he breaks the law or goes to jail during that time. It has no affect on the UFC, or it’s fans.

IF USADA IS LEGIT.

and they are

You're assuming a rational cheater wouldn't fail a non-random test, at least within reasonable boundaries, when that assumption is by all means counterfactual. Under Olympic testing regime plenty of athletes have and do fail announced tests. Many factors come into play, including time and dosage miscalculations and errors, abnormal bodily reactions, impurities in substances that are very often off the black market, improvements in testing technology and methodology, or - why not - even just willful risk-taking.

Consider this. Jones failed during a weight cut, so he was dehydrated. The excretion of the M3 metabolites is not entirely understood, so it's possible the weight cut affected it. Or maybe it was something else. The point is that Turinabol didn't get in his system by act of God and Jones not only can't offer any explanations, but has admitted multiple times to lying and not following anti-doping procedures. At this point you can believe in conspiracy theories or embrace Occam's razor.

His defenders are also assuming he would source and take steroids from a professional. Everything in his character suggests he would do the opposite.

Have they come back from lunch yet? My feed has been static for 3 days?

Anyone know when the USADA punishment will be handed down?

Cleaning up the sport has also ruined it. Guys who test positive for estrogen blockers should not get punished. Its not a roid. Yes you probably only take it after you did something but its not an elevated test level and that should he the only concern. Who the hell.cares what they took in training, if their test levels are in the "normal" range and there isn't any roid in their system.on fight night then that should be the litmus.

Cleaning up the sport has also ruined it. Guys who test positive for estrogen blockers should not get punished. Its not a roid. Yes you probably only take it after you did something but its not an elevated test level and that should he the only concern. Who the hell.cares what they took in training, if their test levels are in the "normal" range and there isn't any roid in their system.on fight night then that should be the litmus.
Aren't the estrogen blockers being taken to disguise the taking of steroids? If you don't punish guys who are caught masking steroid use, why bother testing at all?

Guys who test positive for estrogen blockers should not get punished. Its not a roid. Yes you probably only take it after you did something

The only legit reason for Jones to take letrozole and clomifene would be to help him ovulate while recovering from breast cancer.

If anyone thinks Jon Jones is even remotely innocent at this point and think someone else is to blame for all these failed tests, you need to check yourself in to a psyche ward.

This sociopath never fails to amaze me with the shit he can get away with.

I'm saying that i don't care what an mma fighter takes while training. If their test/harmone levels are in the average range on fight night, that's all that counts. It isn't an advantage if a guy is juiced during training. They take shit to recover from.getting the shit beat out of them 2x a day for an 8 week camp. If they stop a few weeks out from the fight and levels are average, who is any danger from.that other than the person who took the substances? So when they test guys 4 weeks out and then on fight night they cancel a fight due to a hot test, its total bullshit to me.

I'm saying that i don't care what an mma fighter takes while training. If their test/harmone levels are in the average range on fight night, that's all that counts. It isn't an advantage if a guy is juiced during training. They take shit to recover from.getting the shit beat out of them 2x a day for an 8 week camp. If they stop a few weeks out from the fight and levels are average, who is any danger from.that other than the person who took the substances? So when they test guys 4 weeks out and then on fight night they cancel a fight due to a hot test, its total bullshit to me.

Er.......the advantages of taking steroids persist for quite a bit after a person has stopped administering them.

It takes 3-4 weeks for test cyp/test enth to kick in after first injection. So an injection 4 weeks ago will still benefit someone.

DNA testing has ruined serial killing. So what if their shoes had traces of blood, their hands were clean when we interviewed them and that should be the litmus test.

I realise you're just trolling now, but for everyone else:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24730151

Steroids can benefit athletes for a decade after use

Back