Jon Jones CSAC Hearing LIVE Broadcast DISCUSSION THREAD

I'm so tired and bored of all these Jones saga's now. I didn't even watch the hearing, I feel like I don't care anymore. Its s sad shame because I honestly think Jones is very talented and skilled, he is a very creative fighter.. but there has been way too many bad things happen and its one thing after another after another after another.

Even if he comes through this and he can fight again this year, its not the end of it because we all know there is just another drama waiting again, there will be another huge drama with him to do with drugs, peds, cars, the police or something else, I'm so sick and tired of it all now. Very big waste of talent.

I tink you will be quite sad when he gets back clean and looks like shit!
I bet the only resent fight he fought clean was when he fought OSP. <Moves>

Didn't he absolutely dominate that fight with 18 months layoff?

funny_Rashad_Evans_Licks_his_Hand_and_Wipes_his_Butt_UFC_145.gif

Is there any reason they wouldn't release him besides being jealous and possessive?

Are you saying Dana is jealous of Jones ?

Do you think Dana shouldn’t be pissed with getting fucked over by Jones’ continually getting suspended ? Possessive ? You mean as in owning Jones’ contract ? The one Jones freely signed. But, isn’t really living up to.

What is there for Dana to be “ jealous “ of ? And, what does the other part of your post even mean ?

I'm so tired and bored of all these Jones saga's now. I didn't even watch the hearing, I feel like I don't care anymore. Its s sad shame because I honestly think Jones is very talented and skilled, he is a very creative fighter.. but there has been way too many bad things happen and its one thing after another after another after another.

Even if he comes through this and he can fight again this year, its not the end of it because we all know there is just another drama waiting again, there will be another huge drama with him to do with drugs, peds, cars, the police or something else, I'm so sick and tired of it all now. Very big waste of talent.

If USADA is legit. He gets minimum 4 yr retroactive suspension. So, hopefully there will be no meaningful drama from the guy for at least the next 3, and a half years. If he breaks the law or goes to jail during that time. It has no affect on the UFC, or it’s fans.

IF USADA IS LEGIT.

but jon failed the most importan one
That's what makes it so suspicious. Passed a bunch of random tests, failed announced test.

Reminds me of those dirty cops with bodycams planting evidence not knowing pressing record button saves the prior who knows how many seconds into the video.

Sure. Why would they want him to go to a competitor and make them money? Jones screwed the UFC numerous times (first ever PPV cancelled because Jones refused to fight Chael, having to be stripped multiple times, had to be removed from UFC 200, failing multiple drug tests, out-of-the-cage behavior and legal issues, etc.) and so why would the UFC do Jones a "favor"?

IF Jones ever fights again the hype around it will be huge, so why would they allow that to go to someone else when they don't have to? And if he did fight else where and had success, it would hurt the cache of the UFC's LHW division, with people saying the UFC champ isn't the best.

There's literally zero upside to allowing Jones out of his contract.
I can’t argue with any of that, although I don’t have to like it from a selfish fans perspective.

Are you saying Dana is jealous of Jones ?

Do you think Dana shouldn’t be pissed with getting fucked over by Jones’ continually getting suspended ? Possessive ? You mean as in owning Jones’ contract ? The one Jones freely signed. But, isn’t really living up to.

What is there for Dana to be “ jealous “ of ? And, what does the other part of your post even mean ?
You’re thinking of a different type of jealous and you’re a sarcastic dick head

Wow. It was unbelievable how clueless Jon was.
It was painfully bad. I think they though this would be like Nevada, nice and friendly, and over quick. Shen-Urquidez only asked questions she already knew the answers for, and waited for Jon to fuck himself. Which he did, about 30 seconds into the hour or so of questioning.

That's what makes it so suspicious. Passed a bunch of random tests, failed announced test.

Reminds me of those dirty cops with bodycams planting evidence not knowing pressing record button saves the prior who knows how many seconds into the video.
You're assuming a rational cheater wouldn't fail a non-random test, at least within reasonable boundaries, when that assumption is by all means counterfactual. Under Olympic testing regime plenty of athletes have and do fail announced tests. Many factors come into play, including time and dosage miscalculations and errors, abnormal bodily reactions, impurities in substances that are very often off the black market, improvements in testing technology and methodology, or - why not - even just willful risk-taking.

Consider this. Jones failed during a weight cut, so he was dehydrated. The excretion of the M3 metabolites is not entirely understood, so it's possible the weight cut affected it. Or maybe it was something else. The point is that Turinabol didn't get in his system by act of God and Jones not only can't offer any explanations, but has admitted multiple times to lying and not following anti-doping procedures. At this point you can believe in conspiracy theories or embrace Occam's razor.

“Jones spoke about how he took things more seriously after his first failure (before UFC 200 in 2016), which prompted (panellist Martha) Shen-Urquidez to drop the bomb: On Jones’ most recent DCF, he listed seven supplements, but he subsequently went on to have 17 tested, suggesting he took 10 supplements that he didn’t list. Jones didn’t have a great explanation for this,” Kidd said.

Is it over? Anyone got cliffs? What's the verdict?

EDIT: looked for some news

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...unanimously-revoke-license-ufc-star-jon-jones

1 year ban and 250k fine so far. WEAK SAUCE!

"Mr. Jones, I want to see you fighting as soon as possible," CSAC chair John Cavelli said. "I hope you believe me. I hope you're listening to some of the things I've told you and the other commissioners. Think about the people around you and the things you're still doing. You are a unique, outstanding athlete. We want to see you in the cage as soon as possible. Come back to us." - How the fuck is this Jones nuthugger allowed to judge him?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/uf...s/news-story/005fb868f29b56ffa9d26ac9842c63c0

“This was, from start to finish, an almost shockingly inept defence, based on conjecture and hope,” Ben Fowlkes of MMA Junkie wrote. “We’re not just talking castles made of sand here. This was a house of cards built on a fault line in a windstorm.

“Jones ploughed ahead with the strongest declarations of innocence he could muster, but without ever offering any real explanation.

“Instead of evidence, Jones offered his word.”

https://deadspin.com/jon-jones-my-manager-took-those-mandatory-anti-doping-1823372157

Jones offered no compelling counterarguments in the hearing, blaming his “bad luck” above all else. The best part of the hearing came when CSAC commissioner Martha Shen-Urquidez cross-examined Jones and got him to admit that he never completed mandatory USADA online educational classes. “I’m gonna be honest with you I, never did that,” he said, adding, “I had my management do it for me.”

DISGUSTING!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back