Jon Jones CSAC Hearing LIVE Broadcast DISCUSSION THREAD

Jon Jones hasn't been clean since they day he started as a pro MMA fighter (and likely as an amateur too, for all we know) because: Once a cheater, always a cheater.
He cannot undo his past nor his destructive, addictive, and cowardly habits once they have defined him. The past is clear. This hearing is the nail in his coffin (MMA career-wise).

Last edited:
He’s not back anytime soon.

If Cormier has decided to bulk back up to heavyweight rather than stay at 205lbs, what do you think the word around the UFC campfire is?

I really liked when Johnnie boy said:

"I even had a polygraph test, I had them ask me.. I mean they asked me.. questions about the situation".

Let’s see what USADA gives him next.

Can't wait for USADA...

Aallll kiinddzzz!!!!
tumblr_mn0h8lfUAm1sqe98go1_500.gif

Didn't he absolutely dominate that fight with 18 months layoff?
He didn't really dominate with his last return. He can win, no doubt, but he looks far less confident and polished.

This could be the death blow if a young vicious fighter showed up on the scene.

im late for this but this was some grade A bullshit, this guy is a repeated offender, drunk driving crack addict and he just gets 1 year? jesus how much money did Dana threw at these people

So is there anyone who can provide a high level summary?

im late for this but this was some grade A bullshit, this guy is a repeated offender, drunk driving crack addict and he just gets 1 year? jesus how much money did Dana threw at these people
He got a year, minimum, and has to finish out his USADA sanction before a lot of the commission will even consider reinstating him. It's not come back and fight in August, it's come back and talk to us in August, and convince us you're not still a fuck up.

I always thought Jones roided after he failed test. But this situation is so strange....passed random tests, failed announced test very close to fight, with a steroid that doesn’t clear the system quickly, and extremely trace amounts.....so weird.

So is there anyone who can provide a high level summary?
Started off with acknowledgements that Jones wasn't contesting the positive test, that he'd had turinabol metabolites in his system, and wasn't contesting the science behind those tests, that those metabolites meant he'd consumed turinabol at some point.

CSAC's expert witness, a scientist from the SMRTL lab in Salt Lake City that did the test, went first. He testified that Jones had the M3 long term metabolite for turinabol in his system, but that because of a lack of research, they can't give a timeline of when he would have used it, or the dose he would have taken based on the test. Also testified that it was possible that another, similar anabolic steroid could have led to the same metabolite being there, but that he was unaware of any that would do that. Stated that he didn't know of any contaminated supplements that contained turinabol (1). The guy more or less stuck to facts, and didn't try to puff up the evidence to make it look better or worse for Jones or CSAC.

Jones' expert witness, Dr Scott, was next. This is the same guy who testified in Anderson Silva's defence, but showed up for that hearing completely unprepared. He was a bit more prepared this time, but not exactly helpful. Stated that they'd tested Jones' supplements, and didn't find any that contained turinabol. Stated that based on the other tests, it made sense for this to be from a contaminated supplement, but couldn't offer any evidence of that and admitted when questions that that was just conjecture on his part. Claimed the research he'd done had been looking for dosing information on bodybuilding sites, and did some analysis looking at dosing levels/weight/metabolite levels. Then admitted he never got Jones' weight to do that analysis. Said he was paid $395/hr for his work. He was completely unhelpful to Jones, IMO. His entire testimony came down to "this might have happened, but we don't have much of any evidence that it did".

Jones was up next. Hoo boy. *FIRST THING* he said is "Can I ask some questions, I really don't know what to say". That's how prepared he was. Said he'd never admit to taking drugs. Said he had no idea how they got there. That he had been fucked over "by science", and that he was being super careful, really careful now. His nutritionist is his BJJ coach's wife. Stated he hadn't done anything really dumb in 3 years, which seemed to trigger Commissioner Shen-Urquidez into eviscerating him in questioning. Said he was really careful. Then admitted that he hadn't taken USADA's anti-doping course, and had Malki Kawa forge his signature. Said he was being really honest. Then admitted that he'd only listed 7 supplements on his doping control form, but sent 17 in for testing for turinabol. Many more questions followed, which Shen-Urquidez knew the actual answers for ahead of time, and Jones had no good answers for. Repeated that Malki had forged his signature. Stated that no other champion was more publicly against PEDs than he was. Repeated that a few more times. Again said Malki had forged his signature. Was asked by the chair if he'd considered changing management. He laughed, seemed to take it as a joke, and said yea. The chair wasn't joking. As bad as it would have looked, Jones would have come off way better if he'd sat on his ass and plead the fifth.

One Commissioner was deaf, forgot his hearing aid, and had an obsession with Stephen A Smith, and though Jones should contact him. I have no fucking idea.

They considered suspending him, but noted that after any suspension, he'd be eligible to fight again. They revoked his license, which requires him to appear before the AC again before he can fight. Fined him 205k, which was 40% of his declared purse, and 5000 for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Jones and his team came off looking like idiots, and basically guaranteed they're getting their asses handed to them by USADA.

(1) there are seven listed on USADA's high risk site, but most of them are either labelled as turinabol, labelled as anabolic steroids, or list steroids on the package. So there might be some confusion as to what's meant by "contaminated".

I haven't seen anyone mention this LOL yet:

"I work harder than anyone at my camp. I'm known for that." - jon jones

(paraphrasing... forget the exact wording)

Hasn't pretty much everyone he trains with said the exact opposite?

Started off with acknowledgements that Jones wasn't contesting the positive test, that he'd had turinabol metabolites in his system, and wasn't contesting the science behind those tests, that those metabolites meant he'd consumed turinabol at some point.

CSAC's expert witness, a scientist from the SMRTL lab in Salt Lake City that did the test, went first. He testified that Jones had the M3 long term metabolite for turinabol in his system, but that because of a lack of research, they can't give a timeline of when he would have used it, or the dose he would have taken based on the test. Also testified that it was possible that another, similar anabolic steroid could have led to the same metabolite being there, but that he was unaware of any that would do that. Stated that he didn't know of any contaminated supplements that contained turinabol (1). The guy more or less stuck to facts, and didn't try to puff up the evidence to make it look better or worse for Jones or CSAC.

Jones' expert witness, Dr Scott, was next. This is the same guy who testified in Anderson Silva's defence, but showed up for that hearing completely unprepared. He was a bit more prepared this time, but not exactly helpful. Stated that they'd tested Jones' supplements, and didn't find any that contained turinabol. Stated that based on the other tests, it made sense for this to be from a contaminated supplement, but couldn't offer any evidence of that and admitted when questions that that was just conjecture on his part. Claimed the research he'd done had been looking for dosing information on bodybuilding sites, and did some analysis looking at dosing levels/weight/metabolite levels. Then admitted he never got Jones' weight to do that analysis. Said he was paid $395/hr for his work. He was completely unhelpful to Jones, IMO. His entire testimony came down to "this might have happened, but we don't have much of any evidence that it did".

Jones was up next. Hoo boy. *FIRST THING* he said is "Can I ask some questions, I really don't know what to say". That's how prepared he was. Said he'd never admit to taking drugs. Said he had no idea how they got there. That he had been fucked over "by science", and that he was being super careful, really careful now. His nutritionist is his BJJ coach's wife. Stated he hadn't done anything really dumb in 3 years, which seemed to trigger Commissioner Shen-Urquidez into eviscerating him in questioning. Said he was really careful. Then admitted that he hadn't taken USADA's anti-doping course, and had Malki Kawa forge his signature. Said he was being really honest. Then admitted that he'd only listed 7 supplements on his doping control form, but sent 17 in for testing for turinabol. Many more questions followed, which Shen-Urquidez knew the actual answers for ahead of time, and Jones had no good answers for. Repeated that Malki had forged his signature. Stated that no other champion was more publicly against PEDs than he was. Repeated that a few more times. Again said Malki had forged his signature. Was asked by the chair if he'd considered changing management. He laughed, seemed to take it as a joke, and said yea. The chair wasn't joking. As bad as it would have looked, Jones would have come off way better if he'd sat on his ass and plead the fifth.

One Commissioner was deaf, forgot his hearing aid, and had an obsession with Stephen A Smith, and though Jones should contact him. I have no fucking idea.

They considered suspending him, but noted that after any suspension, he'd be eligible to fight again. They revoked his license, which requires him to appear before the AC again before he can fight. Fined him 205k, which was 40% of his declared purse, and 5000 for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Jones and his team came off looking like idiots, and basically guaranteed they're getting their asses handed to them by USADA.

(1) there are seven listed on USADA's high risk site, but most of them are either labelled as turinabol, labelled as anabolic steroids, or list steroids on the package. So there might be some confusion as to what's meant by "contaminated".
/Thread

Back