Jon Jones building strength with Earthshaking Deadlift

Do you guys really give a shit?

Plenty of smaller guys, lifting more reps, more weight, with better form.

Unlike most lifts, being tall/lanky makes deadlifts easier.

A guy with that build using the conventional stance instead of sumo and pulling that kind of weight is impressive. Claiming otherwise is just fucking silly.

It's not "ego lifting" if you're pulling/pushing consistently with good form.

You might be able to make that argument if youre a professional weight lifter but outside that, no. You never need to be lifting that much weight. Totally unnecessary. Especially for a fighter. And especially a fighter whose style isnt even a strength based style. That vid was made 100% just to say look how strong and what a badass I am. I saw people critiquing his form too saying it was bad. Great way to hurt yourself for nothing. Who gives a fuck how much weight you can pull? Means jack shit.

You might be able to make that argument if youre a professional weight lifter but outside that, no. You never need to be lifting that much weight. Totally unnecessary. Especially for a fighter. And especially a fighter whose style isnt even a strength based style. That vid was made 100% just to say look how strong and what a badass I am. I saw people critiquing his form too saying it was bad. Great way to hurt yourself for nothing. Who gives a fuck how much weight you can pull? Means jack shit.

LOL

Every lifting video on the internet, even from pros, has idiots in the comments yelling about form.

There was nothing wrong with the lift in that video.

I believe its 545lbs.

but that isn't a real deadlift, he is pulling it off blocks.

Because he has really skinny legs and couldn't pull that off the floor.

A guy with that build using the conventional stance instead of sumo and pulling that kind of weight is impressive. Claiming otherwise is just fucking silly.

That video doesn't prove anything though..
In my experience a shorter guy is actually better at pulling sumo because during conventional they are at a compromised position due to their limbs
ectomorph-weight-lifting-proportions-deadlift-arm-length.jpg

You can imagine the stubby guy is much better off opening his legs and allowing his back to be more straight.
Long guys can pull either way it depends what muscles you want to target

I wonder how much turinabol he took before attempting that lift?

Looks like 545 lbs.

515, if those are 10s at the end. I got 450 so I'm just gonna go ahead and say that's great, good on Jon. Now if he can only deadLIFT THAT SUSPENSION USADA IS ABOUT TO DROPPPPP

<BirdieOwn>

LOL

Every lifting video on the internet, even from pros, has idiots in the comments yelling about form.

There was nothing wrong with the lift in that video.

Even if it was good form, at those weights anything can happen and bad shit does happen. There is no way putting that much stress on your muscles, joints and ligaments is good. And looks absolutely horrible for the lower back. Again, for absolutely no good reason. Nothing important was gained from that.

515, if those are 10s at the end. I got 450 so I'm juat gonna go ahead and say that's great, good on Jon. Now if he can only deadLIFT THAT SUSPENSION USADA IS ABOUT TO DROPPPPP

<BirdieOwn>
lol he's got 450 worth of 45 lb plates but he's got 25 each on the end which make and additional 50, and 45 lb bar lol any girl/guy who has ever entered a gym knows the additional weight of the bar is always counted.

Back