Jon Jones back powerlifting

tenor.gif

Hollywood Actors should take notes on this performance.

Is this guy for real
mikulak_action.jpg
For real. I would imagine this guy does NOT power lift, and I would bet his strength overall plus his endurance with the more focused muscles would be 20 times more suited for MMA.

Perhaps I am wrong, but would not throwing a lesser weight around, like kettlebells, a lot more times in a lot of different ways, make you a MUCH more powerful man for an MMA fight?

Each exercises seem to have their purposes.

Less weight at higher reps is for endurance training. The powerlifting that Jones is doing is beneficial for improving a takedown.

That’s the stupidest thing I have heard. Why would you say that? That makes zero sense
Well, let me make it a bit more simple. Could a guy that built his body to run for 100 yards fast be better than a guy that could run 30 miles fast? Total different muscle builds for totally different reasons. The guy that had all that explosive strength would not even be able to compete with the guy running 30 miles in a 30 mile run. Now there are some powerful MMA guys. Tank, Kimbo, Pud, and then there are some guys that trained endurance like Gsp, Fedor, Silva, Aldo, Etc.

Ya get it yet?

Lol at dudes hating on bones deadlift numbers,

You can dead more

He can fight

You can deadlift 500lbs+?

Because majority of people in the world can't.
The lift was 450Lbs and the bar was elevated on platforms. No, a 450Lb partial deadlift from a 220+Lb steroid user is not that impressive.

Edit: It was pointed out to me that I miscounted the plates. Still not impressed with a 545Lb partial deadlift from a juiced up pro athlete. I just lift as a side hobby and can lift more than that, and I lift from the floor, not a raised platform which means he didn't even go through the toughest part of the lift.

Last edited:
The lift was 450Lbs and the bar was elevated on platforms. No, a 450Lb partial deadlift from a 220+Lb steroid user is not that impressive.

Do you even know how to math bruh? It's clearly over 500 pounds. 5 45s on each side = 450 pounds, plus the 44 pound bar and 10s on each side = 514 pounds.

Do you even know how to math bruh? It's clearly over 500 pounds. 5 45s on each side = 450 pounds, plus the 44 pound bar and 10s on each side = 514 pounds.
Do you know what plates look like bruh? Do you know what a barbell weighs?

Yes, I miscounted the 45's, but those are 25's on the ends, not 10's.

So, it is 545Lbs. That is still not impressive for a partial deadlift from a steroid using pro athlete. I am a nonathlete, just lift as a hobby, that can lift more than that.

By who's standards, yours?

I use to hate people who say dumb shit like that. "Uhhh if you weigh x amount of pounds you should be able to do x amount or double your weight". No, you do what's best for you. Warren Sapp could only bench 225lbs 16 times at his combine yet he has demolished several players who have done twice or more reps and he's now a NFL HOFer. People get too caught up in weights when we've seen time and time again that weight lifting ability isn't a determining factor in a lot of sports.
For realz. Warren was also a high level high school wrestler. I think that helped him be a better football player than his fucking bench. Plus, peeps are forgetting, Jones isnt even a pure weight lifter.He trains a million other things on top of weights, so like you said, hes fatigued from a million other conditoning regimens(technique training, cardio, sparring, grappling, general physical condtioning, etc.

Kids saying Jones deadlift isn't impressive reminds me when Glover Teixeira went to a Crossfit gym and looked like a fish out of water, but the guy could clearly kill everyone there in 3 minutes.

525lb deadlift from a 125 lb female.

If that is actually 525lbs, impressive. Still, not everyone can do that so it's impressive that both can do it. Plus she's shorter and took a wide stance so she doesn't have to bring it up a longer distance

First of all you idiots don't even realize that isn't a true dead-lift

he is lifting off blocks

With the tall ass frame Jones has it is a very impressive lift. A short stocky frame is ideal for this kind of lift.

Back