Jon Jones back powerlifting

It isn't impressive.

545Lbs is not a big deadlift for a steroid using professional athlete his size, especially given his long reach which makes the lift much easier. However, what he did wasn't even a deadlift. He did a partial deadlift off of blocks.

If you can't see that, then you don't know much about powerlifting.

Calling that impressive is claiming sriracha is an extremely hot sauce when really it is so mild that most chiliheads can't taste any heat off of it.

Lets see you go 25 minutes in the octagon and win against the very best while keeping your DL over 500.

I don't think you can do it. Take all the dick pills you need bro. Once you start working on that cardio and doing MMA related workouts, you'll notice just how much they impact your overall lifting numbers.

Lets see you go 25 minutes in the octagon and win against the very best while keeping your DL over 500.

I don't think you can do it. Take all the dick pills you need bro. Once you start working on that cardio and doing MMA related workouts, you'll notice just how much they impact your overall lifting numbers.

This is 100% true. Lifting big and fighting big dont usually go hand and hand as after a certain point the lifting will hurt your striking. My coach always know when I start benching again because my power goes down in my punches.

He's actually right though. If you follow strength training and power lifting you would know that a guy that weighs 240 pounds like Jon should be deadlifting alot more than 500LBS. 600 atleast.

why does it matter what he lifts when he is kicking everyone's ass? what is right and wrong? he is lifting to get stronger, not to impress Eli1015 and MMAMASTER

ya know you are sad when you focus on another human being instead of yourself

God damn hilarious the number of people claiming massive deadlift numbers in this thread, never change sherdog.
I like it better that the guys claiming they do massive lifts dont even post videos of themselves, its videos of other people deadlifting. Hahaha

With the tall ass frame Jones has it is a very impressive lift. A short stocky frame is ideal for this kind of lift.

Not true at all. A lot of lengthy guys excel at the deadlift. Look up Cailer Woolam. In fact, he's even posted in here. They have great leverages.

No he wasn’t moron. Sapp played basketball in high school. Where did you come up that he wrestled?

NFL Players That Are Former Wrestlers In High School or ...
sectiononewrestling.com/documents/nfl_players_wrestled.html

If its wrong, not my fault. Its listed on other sites too.

By the way....youre a dick and need to learn politeness. MORON? Come on, you can do better than that! Take it out on your mom for not teaching you manners or better yet, go look her up on the net since she abandoned you. Or take it out on your girlfriend or something. And by girlfriend, I mean your hand.

Last edited:
why does it matter what he lifts when he is kicking everyone's ass? what is right and wrong? he is lifting to get stronger, not to impress Eli1015 and MMAMASTER

ya know you are sad when you focus on another human being instead of yourself
Focusing on another human being? This I's an internet forum to discuss fighters and fights. You are also registered in this internet forum also focusing on people because you also posted in this thread about Jon Jones? Get some perspective kid

Focusing on another human being? This I's an internet forum to discuss fighters and fights. You are also registered in this internet forum also focusing on people because you also posted in this thread about Jon Jones? Get some perspective kid

criticizing pathetic things is pathetic

fact is the guy is considered the best mma fighter of all time and you are making posts on how he needs to lift more. its like the fat girls on instagram who comment kim kardashians pictures calling her ugly

yeah this is a mma forum, I like to talk about fights, troll, and use it for shits and giggles

NFL Players That Are Former Wrestlers In High School or ...
sectiononewrestling.com/documents/nfl_players_wrestled.html

If its wrong, not my fault. Its listed on other sites too.

By the way....youre a dick and need to learn politeness. MORON? Come on, you can do better than that! Take it out on your mom for not teaching you manners or better yet, go look her up on the net since she abandoned you. Or take it out on your girlfriend or something. And by girlfriend, I mean your hand.
Do you have a 10 inch black dildo named Warren that you stimulate your prostate with?

a lot of people think short and stocky is best because of people like Eddie Hall and Benny Magnussen but in reality you just want a short torso and longer than average arms.

actually Jones has a pretty close to ideal build for deadlifting. long arms, short torso and long legs to help him gain leverage at the bottom of the lift.

Tee "Skinny Man" Meyers deadlifting, at 60 yrs old and 195lbs deadlifted 700lbs. he has a nearly identical frame to Jones just shorter. long arms, long legs, and a short torso.

As far as leverage at the bottom goes, it should be pointed out that Jones is lifting off of blocks here.

Here we go a bunch of Sherdog keyboard warriors who wont even post pics or a video of themselves all deadlift 600lbs and everyone on this forum deadlifts 2.5-3x bodyweight.

I don't know why the Military doesn't just take 50 brave alpha males from sherdog and drop them into Syria. You guys would end the war in 24 hours.

525lb deadlift from a 125 lb female.

Juiced to the gills and an elite lifter at the top of her sport.

Jones is a professional martial artist(also juiced to the gills) who trains powerlifting on the side to supplement his sport.

this tall and lanky kid can pull 900.

any which way you cut it, 545 is weak for a 200+ lb pro athlete. But that's ok- elite level strength is not a necessity for his sport. I wouldnt expect a golfer or tennis player to be strong either.

Tall and lanky "kid"? Woolam is the wold record holder in the deadlift at 220lbs.

He's pulled 930 and basically what the top World's Strongest Man competitors do and he is half their weight.

Long arms, legs and short torso is the best deadlift bodytype.

This is why a lot of super heavyweight lifters over 350lbs Squat more than they can deadlift.

Especially athletes with strong tendons which Jones is. A skinny guy with strong tendons will always be stronger than some muscle bound meathead with weak or average tendons.

Jones has proved this every time he steps in the cage and tosses around more muscular fighters including DC.

Back