Jon Jones back powerlifting

Yep I can and only weigh 175 lbs lol... not trying to brag but a guy his size that is so into lifting should be doing way more. Just my opinion though. Especially since he is a juice head lol.(still controversial but most of us know what is up.)

MMA master is right on this one, for the weight that Jon walks around at considering he's been through a cycle, and part of his job is training every single day it's not all that impressive.

Granted it is in no way a poor number just his ceiling for a one rep max is much higher

MMA master is right on this one, for the weight that Jon walks around at considering he's been through a cycle, and part of his job is training every single day it's not all that impressive.

You guys do realize that MMA fighters (at least the good ones) don't go around all day simply powerlifting.. right? "Training" means a number of things, and for an MMA athlete it means an even wider variety of things.

Former competitive powerlifter here; well, mostly a bench presser but I did the occasional deadlift competition as well. That's not a bad lift for someone who probably hasn't trained the lift seriously. Jones is built to deadlift with his long arms, but his form is not great. It's all lower back and no legs. I doubt he could clear the deck if it was sitting on the floor. The first couple inches are the hardest with the form he is using. Still, I've seen way worse form in legitimate competitions.

Hopefully he takes his vitamins, snorts some baby ashes and gets back to his winning ways

You can deadlift 500lbs+?

Because majority of people in the world can't.

Yep I can and only weigh 175 lbs lol... not trying to brag but a guy his size that is so into lifting should be doing way more. Just my opinion though. Especially since he is a juice head lol.(still controversial but most of us know what is up.)
Vf9yJHO.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lets see you go 25 minutes in the octagon and win against the very best while keeping your DL over 500.

I don't think you can do it. Take all the dick pills you need bro. Once you start working on that cardio and doing MMA related workouts, you'll notice just how much they impact your overall lifting numbers.
Aww poor baby sad that his idol isn't actuslly that impressive in the gym?

I lift as a hobby and was stronger than Jones before my surgery and will be stronger again by year's end. That lift was not impressive. You sound like a butthurt fanboy. Deal with it.

Let's see Jones keep his lifts up while going through medical school and not having his "dick pills". He would probably need to drop the workouts altogether just to not flunk out.

Moron.

This is 100% true. Lifting big and fighting big dont usually go hand and hand as after a certain point the lifting will hurt your striking. My coach always know when I start benching again because my power goes down in my punches.
So what? It is still an unimpressove lift that people like myself(non steroid using, non pro athlete doing this as a hobby) can out do. People acting like this is an impressive lift are like people who think Taco Bell has the spiciest hot sauces.

Aww poor baby sad that his idol isn't actuslly that impressive in the gym?

I lift as a hobby and was stronger than Jones before my surgery and will be stronger again by year's end. That lift was not impressive. You sound like a butthurt fanboy. Deal with it.

Let's see Jones keep his lifts up while going through medical school and not having his "dick pills". He would probably need to drop the workouts altogether just to not flunk out.

Moron.

So what? It is still an unimpressove lift that people like myself(non steroid using, non pro athlete doing this as a hobby) can out do. People acting like this is an impressive lift are like people who think Taco Bell has the spiciest hot sauces.

How insecure are you bruh.

Also, prolli wanna stop trying to compare it to other shit like taco bell. Shit literally makes no sense whatsoever

How insecure are you bruh.

Also, prolli wanna stop trying to compare it to other shit like taco bell. Shit literally makes no sense whatsoever
You are the one who knows nothing about lifting crying because people won't kiss your idol's butt.

I already posted a video of myself outdoing his lift.

You are the one who knows nothing about lifting crying because people won't kiss your idol's butt.

I already posted a video of myself outdoing his lift.

Yeah I seen your vid. You're like 30% bf breh.

Yeah I seen your vid. You're like 30% bf breh.
I never claimed to be shredded kiddo. I claimed I, as a drug free vegan non athlete had lifted more than Jones even though lifting is just a hobby for me.

Back to your corner child.

Edit: Also, it is funny that you think me being an out of shape fatty helps your case. So, an out of shape fatty can outlift the pro athlete who probably can't even pull 500Lbs if it were a full deadlift. This is not a knock on him btw, it is a knock on his idiot fanboys bragging about him.

Last edited:
I never claimed to be shredded kiddo. I claimed I, as a drug free vegan non athlete had lifted more than Jones even though lifting is just a hobby for me.

Back to your corner child.

Edit: Also, it is funny that you think me being an out of shape fatty helps your case. So, an out of shape fatty can outlift the pro athlete who probably can't even pull 500Lbs if it were a full deadlift. This is not a knock on him btw, it is a knock on his idiot fanboys bragging about him.

Tell me something, if a tennis player could dunk a basketball, would it be impressive to you? Or are you just going to say it won't be because there exist professional basketball players that could do much flashier dunks?

Usain Bolt dunked in the celebrity game years back and everyone jumped out of their seats.

Tell me something, if a tennis player could dunk a basketball, would it be impressive to you?
It would mean nothing to me because I don't know if the ability to dunk is impressive. When I don't know much about a subject, I ask someone who does know.

It would mean nothing to me because I don't know if the ability to dunk is impressive. When I don't know much about a subject, I ask someone who does know.

How many people in the UFC do you believe can DL 500 that compete at 205 or under?

How many people in the UFC do you believe can DL 500 that compete at 205 or under?
1st, Jon Jones is not 205Lbs. He is more like 230-240. He has to dehydrate like crazy to make weight.

2nd. I neither know nor care how many can lift that. It is not an impressive lift for someone his size who is incredibly genetically gifted and on steroids. I lifted more natural and as a hobby while being a medical student.

I doubt many of them can play guitar either, but I won't be singing the praises of someone just because he knows a few chords.

How many do you think? If you are thinking it's an insanely low #, I think you are wrong. Look at Tamden McCrory

Here he is deadlifting 551 lbs:

Back