Jon Fitch entire UFC payment revealed

That's pretty sad for a pro athlete. I'm sure he made a lot more behind the scenes.

LOL!!! @ You! Gym appearances? Da fuck you think that pays? Fitch would be lucky or any fighter to make 5,000. Seminars? Omg......

You don't know much about the subject you're speaking on, do you?

So an elite UFC fighter is middle class basically.

Perhaps you're confused when you see money mayweather in one of his 6 bentleys.

''Fitch is in the fight game too right? Fitch is getting RIPPED OFF DUUUHHH IM A MORON''

Let me explain why Mayweather has that and Fitch has what he has: Mayweather has a global fanbase and is proving himself to be amongst the best boxers in history (see how that could be taken as an achievement which brings reward?). Fitch, however..... okay, I wont finish this part.

Fitch got paid! And damn well considering most of his fans are boring dweebs who've never bought a PPV in their lives (kinda tough I guess when you're 12 and are going through that awkward WWE - UFC transition phase which)

Well, he must have made a good extra amount in sponsorship, publicity, and all the other things fighters do. So in the end, we're looking at considerably more money than just fight purses and bonuses.

1.48 million for 18 fights = 82k per fight.

Considering he wasnt much of a draw for the company, I dont think 82k per fight is being underpaid.

Sucks for him, but if he finished fights he would be paid more.

Quote of the thread, right here. Since not a single person was ever like "oh man, Fitch is on this card, I better buy the PPV !!", he wasn't worth much to the company, even though he was an often victorious fighter.

Sonnen has 1 finish in 12 UFC fights, Fitch has 4 in 18 yet Sonnen is one of the highest paid and is scheduled for his 3rd consecutive main event despite being on a losing streak. If the fans weren't too dumb to know they're being tricked into buying hype instead of actual fights, they'd be in the same boat.

Minus his managers cut, gym fees, corner pay, travel expenses, insurance before the UFC's kicked in....the list goes on.

He was the #2 guy for years....he deserved triple what he made

But where's the money to pay him supposed to come from if very few people are willing to pay to watch him? Should it come from Anderson Silva's share of the card's revenue? From GSP's share? From BJ's share? Should the bigger stars take a smaller pay when a guy like Fitch is also on the card?

This isn't unionized government employees. You don't get paid just for being on the card. They have to pull their weight. The superstars who put asses in the seats and get fans at home to order the PPV should get the lion's share of the revenue that goes to the fighters. The owners are taking the big financial risk and put together the money making machine, so they should get pay well.

He made a lot of money. How the hell is he broke? How much did he end up with? Who gives a shit. Everyone has to pay income taxes. Agent and trainers need to get paid. If he was a superstar who drew in a ton of fans, the UFC would have had him anchor a PPV like UFC 151 where the rest of the card was not appealing. How come he couldn't get no Under Armour, NOS, Gatorade, Nike endorsement deals? How come Koscheck seems to have achieved way more financial success than Fitch?

Ya that's basically it. Look at Dan Hardy. Way worse record but I bet he makes more money on average even though his record doesn't have half the winning percentage as Fitch's.

That being said he's still comically underpaid.

People clamoring on about sponsor money is like saying you can get tips as a world gourmet.

Sponsor money should be supplementary not complementary.

Tell that to Michael Jordan.The man made hundreds of millions from sponsors. He made so much money from sponsors he actually took less salary so his team could pick up better players.

Pretty decent for a guy who wasn't a draw in any point of his career.

Also good finance handling if he is broke with 1.5 million earnings.

That's 185K a year. Not much to bitch about, IMO.

Yeah, unless you are comparing him to other pro athletes. Get real. Top 20 golfers and tennis players make more than that, and he was definitely a top 20 p4p fighter for a few years.

Perhaps you're confused when you see money mayweather in one of his 6 bentleys.

''Fitch is in the fight game too right? Fitch is getting RIPPED OFF DUUUHHH IM A MORON''

Let me explain why Mayweather has that and Fitch has what he has: Mayweather has a global fanbase and is proving himself to be amongst the best boxers in history (see how that could be taken as an achievement which brings reward?). Fitch, however..... okay, I wont finish this part.

Fitch got paid! And damn well considering most of his fans are boring dweebs who've never bought a PPV in their lives (kinda tough I guess when you're 12 and are going through that awkward WWE - UFC transition phase which)

Bringing Floyd Mayweather money in a discussion about Jon Fitch was unprovoked. Really has no place.

82k a fight looks not bad when you know he is not the biggest draw, the problem is you think it's not bad because you know how much other fighters win. But that's without the bonuses when we're talking full bonuses included for Fitch.
When a guy who is not a draw makes 82k a fight, he also makes some bonuses. And quite a lot (just look at the bonuses Fitch won).

Sonnen has 1 finish in 12 UFC fights, Fitch has 4 in 18 yet Sonnen is one of the highest paid and is scheduled for his 3rd consecutive main event despite being on a losing streak. If the fans weren't too dumb to know they're being tricked into buying hype instead of actual fights, they'd be in the same boat.

Wow so not all Sherdoggers are Zuffa zombies after all. Good to see

They are all underpaid IMO. That being said that what happens when you are in a league that isn't as major as the majors such as the MLB,NBA,NFL,BPL, La Ligua etc. Think of it this way the minimum salary for an MLS soccer player is 35.125k

Not to bad for a guy that probably lost the ufc more fans than he brought in.

It's tough to say. But it makes Dana come off a lot of bosses. They act like when they open their wallet and pull out a cee note you should go crazy like a f**kinf seal "clapping" for fish. The money he was paid, as the number 2 athlete in ANY sport, is piss poor. Most premier league football players earn that a month - the lesser known ones in two. The better ones get it a week. Also, that money was paid to him. But was not all HIS, trainers, managers etc get a chunk of that. I know he gets money from sponsors and so on, but for Dana to publish this and call Fitch "delusional" for complaining about the work environment doesn't really cut it.

He should've told the truth. He's a boring fighter and coffee's for closers. We all know that's the reason.

If he had finished a few more of his fights, he might have gotten the extra shot.. as it is he drew BJ then lost to Hendricks... so as for his position in the org, that's down to him. He signed the contract and took the pay - no one had a gun to his head regarding how much he would earn.

Not bad at all for a guy nicknamed smokebreak Fitch. As others have mentioned, he had 0 star power and not only was he not a draw but most fans actually disliked his fights.

Back