"Jon didn't need steriods to win"

I have heard Dana White and other people say that. That is a confirmation bias.

PED's use over an extended period of time can make anybody look phenomenal.

A lot of fighters that he beat could've beaten the version that fought OSP. Everyone contributed his performance against OSP to ring rust, but miraculously seemed more confident and capable against DC.

Time to let that argument go. His OSP performance is a baseline to compare his career against. Time to start marking asterisks on his record.

Thanks for saying confirmation bias. Its about time MMA dweebs know the implications of it.

we'll never know how jones wouldve done without the ped. however, how can one certainly say that he wouldve beaten dc without ped when it clearly helps the athletes physically and mentally?

He obviously was too scared to fight DC clean. He tried to roid 3 times against DC!!! He knows he is nothing without his roids. He is a joke. DC would have ripped his head off if he was clean.

DC>Jones

DC never failed a test!

Easily, such a close fight the first and the second until the finish, Jon looked like dog shit against OSP the only fight where he's passed the USADA testing, he'd have got ragdolled that day.

Whatever makes u sleep at night

I love these idiots who think that Jon Jones has ever once in his life set foot in the octagon without steroid enhancement. Dumb fucks.

No one has said he never has you goof. We're just stating we dont know when he has not fought without it. He has proven he is twice a cheater, who knows how many times he has cheated before USADA. Now punch yourself in the face and see if you can knock some sense in you.

Steroids help increase your strength to weight ratio - usually to supraphysiological levels. Seeing as MMA has defined weight classes, that is a quite significant advantage you'd want on your side.
Forget all of the stuff about "training" "healing" - the fact that steroids can significantly increase your grip strength without a gain in body-fat - that is superior performance by itself. What has pretty much every single Jon Jones opponent specifically pointed out? "He's insanely physically strong".

All of those guys train hard. It is simply not an argument to say "but he worked hard for it" - if anything, most sources say Jones was a lazy worker. Steroids work. They enhance performance tremendously. With the right cocktail of drugs, your performance can reach another dimension. End of.

Whatever makes u sleep at night
I personally couldn't care pal just speaking the truth, a fight between them two holds as much emotion to me as a rapist vs a paedophile fighting to the death, they both piss me off.

At this point, his most legit wins are the ones where his opponents have also been busted at some point.

Vitor, Chael, Lyoto.

He does well against roided up mws

I'm not saying they don't make a difference but it they don't account for everything that is going on in a fight. It just amplifies certain characteristics.

PED busted fighters have a near 50% win percentage since testing began.

We need to just go back to no testing.

Man you are such an apologists for cheaters. Where is your sense of honor and fairness? Or is winning all that matters?

Man you are such an apologists for cheaters. Where is your sense of honor and fairness? Or is winning all that matters?

Well because there ARE and ALWAYS will be legal advantages.

So if people are going to make a big deal about air in a football you damn sure better bet they will make a big deal about the inch of advantage loads of legal substances can give an athlete. So i'm not going to separate this list of banned substances like they all do insane amounts of progress while the legal people feel do very little.

It's much closer and i'm not apologizing for anyone

I'm saying it doesn't matter and there will NEVER be a level playing field.

Rather type like you assume than the delusional twit you are.

I am way more educated and informed and accurate about this sport and this subject than you are. lol

I do my research while you just parrot other people's half assed opinions.

You're right, he also had the size advantage and got away with multiple eye pokes but he was so unsure of himself despite that he needed the roids too.

If he could have brought a shank into the cage without anybody noticing he would have done that too.

I'm with you with the eye pokes.

It can make a huge difference especially go confidence and endurance, could have been what helped carry him that extra mile against Gus.

Just look at the difference with TRT Vitor.

That's very true.

It could also make him fight scared feeling insecure that he's not good enough and needed help in his mind.

It could work either way depending on the personality.

Many are feeling the loss of Jones, but imagine if he had never existed. At the time he won the title, you had:
  • Shogun (MT)
  • Machida (Karate)
  • Rashad (Wrestling)
  • Rampage (Boxing)
  • Glover (Brawling)
All with immense fan support behind them, all vying for the title with no clear best. It could have been a golden age for LHW.

LHW was so exciting at that time.
No one could hold on to the belt and ALL the guys you mentioned were on fire at the time.

Jon came, destroyed them all, and left abruptly and unceremoniously !

He thought he needed them. That they were so necessary, they were worth the risk of ruining his career.

Exactly. This is the only logical post.

Jon Jones knows his capabilities with and without steroids better than anyone else. Jon Jones thought he needed them = he needed them. Nobody else but Jon Jones knows whether he has EVER won a fight clean, so their ability to judge his skills with vs. without steroids = nil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back