"Jon didn't need steriods to win"

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I have heard Dana White and other people say that. That is a confirmation bias.

PED use over an extended period of time can make "anybody" look phenomenal.

A lot of fighters that he beat could've beaten the version that fought OSP. Everyone contributed his performance against OSP to ring rust, but miraculously seemed more confident and capable against DC.

Time to let that argument go. His OSP performance is a baseline to compare his career against. Time to start marking asterisks on his record.

Just as a reminder:

**Update: Just for clarification "anybody" = active professional MMA fighter within the respective weight class.**

Last edited:
DC beats a clean Jon Jones.

That's the worst part of it. He beat many of my favorite fighters and we'll never know how they would have done if this asshole wasnt juiced up.

Usually when long time juiced fighters are pulled off the juice, the first thing that seems to go is the mind. He'd get dinged pretty hard by DC, then probably freak out and turn his back walking away like Overeem against Kharitonov and get smoked. I doubt Jones would step in the cage without ped backing.

If he didn't need it, why would he take the risk of suspension, ruined reputation etc.

Jones didn't have the balls to fight DC clean.

He didn't need steroids to win.

Simple minded morons are acting like steroids equate to everything in the cage and it doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
Who knows. Maybe he could have. We will never know.

If he didn't need it, why would he take the risk of suspension, ruined reputation etc.

Jones didn't have the balls to fight DC clean.

Don't think he cares much about his reputation, he took it so he can have an unfair advantage and guarantee his next pay check..heard crack is expensive.

He thought he needed them. That they were so necessary, they were worth the risk of ruining his career.

Last edited:
He didn't need steroids to win.

Simple minded morons are the acting like steroids equate to everything in the cage and it doesn't work like that.

I think your point of view actually makes Jon Jones look worse. Rather than just a cheater, if what you think is true, it makes him a fucking retard who costed himself his entire reputation plus millions of dollars for no reason.

Many are feeling the loss of Jones, but imagine if he had never existed. At the time he won the title, you had:
  • Shogun (MT)
  • Machida (Karate)
  • Rashad (Wrestling)
  • Rampage (Boxing)
  • Glover (Brawling)
All with immense fan support behind them, all vying for the title with no clear best. It could have been a golden age for LHW.

I think your point of view actually makes Jon Jones look worse. Rather than just a cheater, if what you think is true, it makes him a fucking retard who costed himself his entire reputation plus millions of dollars for no reason.

I completely agree that he's an idiot but fans really do have a fucked up perspective on what steroids actually do for the result of a fight.

agreed. ts. when you pop consistently against usada then you deserve to have your record questioned. imo jones juiced his whole career. how good was he actually. noone knows.
we've seen the massive boost peds give. meaning jones might be a mid tier fighter without the juice.

there is a reason, he thought he needed them. the key words here are he thought that doesn't mean he actually did need them.

this actually is a slippery slope because maybe he did need them this last time, but he obviously didn't need them the first time.

people are acting like Jon Jones didn't beat DC before, and didn't test positive.

<36>

latest

DC beats a clean Jon Jones.
Easily, such a close fight the first and the second until the finish, Jon looked like dog shit against OSP the only fight where he's passed the USADA testing, he'd have got ragdolled that day.

Back