"Jon didn't need steriods to win"

Jon was insanely fast, explosive, natural at martial arts. He did things in 1-2 years of training that others couldn't do with 10 years in the game.

At some point I think he lost the mental edge he had because of all the partying he was doing. He was drinking, started doing more drugs, then it led to steroids.

I think that's a foolish and optimistic approach. So Jon's the middle brother, both his older brother and younger brother are now in the NFL. Older bro has been caught and suspended for ped use himself. Jon Jones would have been exposed to steroids back in his teens and probably started dabbling back then.

Look at pics of jones before and after. That's not him out of shape that's him off the juice. Someone in the 20's taking a few months off from training shouldn't lose that much muscle. He needs peds to win.

No, it's no a wonder drug that makes someone unbeatable. It has negative effects as well and it can have a negative effect on fighter's confidence as well.

It can make an average man good and a good man great,

In terms of fighting, weighlifting,training etc.. yeah they really are a wonder drug and give you a massive advantage... thats why they are banned.

The negative effects tend to come later on after long term use.

I know alot of people who have died through steroids.. but it usually comes after 15-20 years of heavy use.

In the short term the negative effects are negligible compared to the benefits.

Jon was insanely fast, explosive, natural at martial arts. He did things in 1-2 years of training that others couldn't do with 10 years in the game.

At some point I think he lost the mental edge he had because of all the partying he was doing. He was drinking, started doing more drugs, then it led to steroids.
That is what they say.

Coke is the gateway drug to steroids.

I'm not saying they don't make a difference but it they don't account for everything that is going on in a fight. It just amplifies certain characteristics.

PED busted fighters have a near 50% win percentage since testing began.

We need to just go back to no testing.

While i don't agree with your comment about no testing, that 50% win percentage is an interesting point that i've often observed.

The way i see it is maybe there's two types of steroid users. With those 50% guys, i often picture it to be guys who may be a little less stable than others. I picture a guy like Chris Leban in training camp pulling a muscle or tweaking his back a month out from the fight, having an emotional crisis and then filling himself up irresponsibly with stanzanol and getting busted. Maybe they need the paycheck badly and are just concerned about getting to the fight.

Then i think we also have guys like Anderson, Machida and Jones for example who have been doping for a long time but in a much smarter and more sophisticated way and are much less likely to be caught. This was a lot easier before the random testing, and also coincidentally back when all 3 of my examples there last looked really good.

Again take this with a grain of salt because i'm no expert.

He didn't need steroids to win.

Simple minded morons are the acting like steroids equate to everything in the cage and it doesn't work like that.

It can make a huge difference especially go confidence and endurance, could have been what helped carry him that extra mile against Gus.

Just look at the difference with TRT Vitor.

I love these idiots who think that Jon Jones has ever once in his life set foot in the octagon without steroid enhancement. Dumb fucks.

He did

That's why he took them

TS even if he was "clean" during OSP he is still benefiting from residual gains from his years of use, if anything his OSP performance is still boosted so natural Jones would be a few notches below at best.

Source.. broscience bros.

Assuming the playing field is all clean (which is a joke), he still wrecks them all.

TS even if he was "clean" during OSP he is still benefiting from residual gains from his years of use, if anything his OSP performance is still boosted so natural Jones would be a few notches below at best.

Behold, the athleticism of baseline JBJ

2gt3g5v.jpg

like what? name even ONE thing. his only "skills" are those of being longer, taller and stronger than 99% of his opponents. take his striking for example, what part of it is excellently technical or even devastating.. none of it and that is on PED. face it the guy has always been a physical bully.

If he thought he needed steroids to win, then he did need steroids to win. Ninety percent of this game is half mental.

Exactly. Fans are always much more certain that someone can win without PED's than the athletes are themselves. Anyone who risks suspension, fines, and loss of reputation does so because they think they can't win without it - and they're in a far better position to know if its necessary than the fans.

And extra credit for the Yogi Berra reference.

Athletes dont take peds only because it increases their chanes of winning.....improved recovery from work outs.....quicker healing of injuries , asthetics, longer career span....potential increase in pay.....

there are millions potentially on the line.....its rational to leave as little to chance as possible....

But improved recovery from work-outs and healing are a huge part of increasing chances of winning. If you recover better you can work out harder, making bigger gains. If you heal quicker you can push yourself harder, again allowing bigger gains.

He didn't need steroids to win.

Simple minded morons are the acting like steroids equate to everything in the cage and it doesn't work like that.

You're right, he also had the size advantage and got away with multiple eye pokes but he was so unsure of himself despite that he needed the roids too.

If he could have brought a shank into the cage without anybody noticing he would have done that too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back