John Goodman is a damn fine actor, pulls off scary like a beast !

Big Dan Teague! Yeah the rage he can show on screen at the drop of hat is almost too good if you know what I mean lol

Love that movie. The great cyclops from the Odessey.

He's a very, very good actor. His performance in The Gambler also deserves mention.

He can do both comedy and serious really well. He really is a great actor.

I love that he's prolific as well. Has been in a lot of stuff the past five or six years. It's clear he's an asset to whatever film he is a part of. As you said, very capable of serious and comedic roles.

Great actor. He's got range, and carries just about every scene he's in.

I just saw him in Cloverfield Lane and he was exceptionally disturbing in that movie. I'm now watching him in a movie called Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon and, once again, he has this absolutely cold, dark, persona that carries brilliantly in film.

The chubby dad from Roseanne is not who you think he is !

1411414415_roseanne-zoom.jpg

John-Goodman-featured.jpg

10-Cloverfield-Lane-620-02.jpg
images

He is an incredible actor that delivers in every role he plays. He also never skipped a beat for all 221 episodes of Roseanne he was in, flawless all the way thru

Definitely one of my favourites.

Aside from his roles in so many movies, I've always enjoyed his appearances on SNL over the last 20 years.

Such as playing Linda Tripp back during the Monica Lewinsky days.

john-goodman-linda-tripp1.jpg

download (5).jpg download (6).jpg download (7).jpg we need Goodman to play this forgotton American Icondownload (10).jpg images (2).jpg images (3).jpg

arachnophobia-11.jpg

This is what I first remember him from. Never watched Roseanne.

If I was a director/screenwriter every movie I developed would have a role written just for Goodman

Bob Odenkirk is the GOAT for insane screams, but Goodman is the easy second choice.

My favorite big actor. Nic Cage and himself in Raising Arizona was something special. My gym teacher palled around and played football with Goodman in college.

Hopefully that Weinstein guy never tried to make Big John watch him take a shower!

Great actor. Totally wasted in the new Kong movie.

He is an incredible actor that delivers in every role he plays. He also never skipped a beat for all 221 episodes of Roseanne he was in, flawless all the way thru

It's unfortunate that his work in Roseanne is equated by many/most to the performances of the Dads in King of Queens / Home Improvement / Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.

He has some of the most amazing roles of all time. Dan Conner, Walter Sobchak, and of my guilty favorites as King Ralph. haha Amazing actor with the ability to go from "zero" to "heated" with the flip of a switch.

He has some of the most amazing roles of all time. Dan Conner, Walter Sobchak, and of my guilty favorites as King Ralph. haha Amazing actor with the ability to go from "zero" to "heated" with the flip of a switch.

Someone should get him to do Gary Oldman's sudden "Everyone!" just for the hell of it.

giphy.gif

It's unfortunate that his work in Roseanne is equated by many/most to the performances of the Dads in King of Queens / Home Improvement / Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.

That's very unfortunate?.. On my side of the pond I never heard anyone relate his performance to those you mentioned. ...at least not around me because theyd get slapped. ...I am now infuriated lol.....I always loved when Dan was fitting DJ into his suit and said "Now DJ the number one rule for suits is, buy 2 so you have spare parts" ...I always loved that one....Going to be interesting too see when Roseanne comes back. Norm Macdonald is writing again

John Goodman is an excellent actor, no arguments from me on that.

Back