John Goodman is a damn fine actor, pulls off scary like a beast !

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just saw him in Cloverfield Lane and he was exceptionally disturbing in that movie. I'm now watching him in a movie called Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon and, once again, he has this absolutely cold, dark, persona that carries brilliantly in film.

The chubby dad from Roseanne is not who you think he is !

1411414415_roseanne-zoom.jpg

John-Goodman-featured.jpg

10-Cloverfield-Lane-620-02.jpg
images

He literally did nothing wrong in Cloverfield Lane

yes, yes he did. He was a controlling, abusive person. He didn't give her the full info on why she was down there, and he killed that other guy.

yes, yes he did. He was a controlling, abuse person. He didn't give her the full info on why she was down there, and he killed that other guy.

I doubt he even knew the full info. Plus how would you react if someone told you Aliens are outside and you cant leave. So I totally get if he withheld some of that information

And the girl pretty much brainwashed that dorky guy and forced Goodman to kill him

Death sentence is a sleeper for sure.

My favorite psycho Goodman moments are in Coen brothers movies. Barton fink, Oh Brother! and The Big Lebowski. He brings the rage out perfectly.

He killed "Pete" the Toad with his bare hands.

:(

He was always the best character on Roseanne, too. In a house full of crazy sociopaths, he was the voice of reason. Except he was too afraid of Roseanne to say anything.

Forget it Donny, you're out of your element

He beat up some fools on roseanne and was not happy when Aunt Jackie got beat up by Fisher.

Great movie.

He played his character to perfection.

His hips are clearly bothering him, it's like watching an old Labrador labor across the room when a role calls for him to move his whole body.

Great actor though, Barton Fink, Revenge of the Nerds, Big Lebowski, he's been in some classics and I don't know if he's ever been bad in anything, even if the movies themselves weren't any good.

He can do both comedy and serious really well. He really is a great actor.

Back