John Goodman is a damn fine actor, pulls off scary like a beast !

It's unfortunate that his work in Roseanne is equated by many/most to the performances of the Dads in King of Queens / Home Improvement / Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.
Indeed. Dan Connor was a truly great character. He was so much deeper and more complex than any of those crap sitcom cliches.

If you are serious about believing John Goodman's character was "forced" to kill the other guy, that is a little worrisome.

Howard was kind of was forced to kill Emmett. I mean think of what Emmett claimed. He was going to violently ask Howard and steal his firearm. Howard couldn't trust him anymore. Killing Emmett based on that information was the correct decision.

What I don't understand is why Emmett just didn't say he was scared of whatever was above and wanted to be able to defend himself if it got into the bunker. That Howard has a gun to defend himself and Emmett wanted the same feeling of safety. Really any excuse but "I was going to threaten your life and steal your gun to impress a girl".

One of my favorite actors. Roseanne was actually a great show...truly captured lower middle class life in that time period.

Back