Joe Rogan "Triggered" Has Dumbest Statement Ever

He was talking about on a pole,with a hook,and not only did it make sense,it was funny as shit.
3eecf90ea9e02239acb3073fb10ee695.jpg
Is that Jon Lovitz?

The SPB is, well, a bay. You're fishing on basically a mud bottom. So the only things you're fishing for are fish that live in that habitat, of which a large portion are various types of rays and shark-like fish. And most things in that region are feeding on the bottom, so you gotta fish the bottom, which is obviously where the rays are.

If you left the SF bay and went out into the open ocean, and fished over actual structure like rock reefs and/or fished higher in the water column than the very bottom, you wouldn't catch many rays, if any.

Catching a dolphin is not cool. It's not something you'll keep, you really have no interest in harming it and it's kind of a chore in general. For some reason, you can catch and release a game fish and it's exciting and fun, but nobody gives a shit about catching a dolphin. It doesn't even register as a catch. If all you catch in a day is a dolphin, you caught exactly nothing that day. I don't know why it's like that, it just is. Takes all the fun out of catching the thing, too.

That said, they can fight like a motherfucker when they want to. When they decide to swim off with the rest f the pack, there's really no stopping them unless you have heavy gear and even then, it seems like it'd just cause the thing more damage to fight it in. So unless they let you reel them in like they sometimes do, you just chase them down to gain as much line as you can and then pop them off or cut the line unfortunately if you have to.

The problem is, sometimes it takes longer than you think to figure out it's just a fucking dolphin not an epic fish. They can stay down a long time. And you might suspect something was fishy (or not,) but you're not going to do anything hasty when that might be a great catch on the line.

You know, I know absolutely dick about fishing. I kind of wish I knew more.

cetaceans, which are mammals, get caught in nets all the time. hooks less often but it happens.

No.

There was an issue in the 1980's and 90's about dolphins being caught in nets. It was a big issue. It was not about air breathing dolphins.

he claims dolphins are so smart that when you go fishing you never catch a dolphin.

dolphins are killed in fishing nets all the time. you can actually buy dolphin safe tuna. does he research any of his bs theories? and i like the guy.
Normal people don't fact check comedy shows unless they are triggered, which is kind of ironic in this case.

Normal people don't fact check comedy shows unless they are triggered, which is kind of ironic in this case.

i didnt fact check anything. at COSTCO they have dolphin safe tuna. my general knowledge and our fellow members provided the rest

Dolphins are only in the zoo. What an idiot

Dude have you ever seen dolphin boners? Shit looks weird as fuck. Parents around me were covering their kids' eyes lol

HKHneWt.jpg

I saw this while browsing Netflix and instantly was like... "no thanks"

i didnt fact check anything. at COSTCO they have dolphin safe tuna.

HKHneWt.jpg

I saw this while browsing Netflix and instantly was like... "no thanks"

#1 cant believe this crap of a thread is actually getting responses

#2 if you speak spanish narcos fukig sucks

he claims dolphins are so smart that when you go fishing you never catch a dolphin.

dolphins are killed in fishing nets all the time. you can actually buy dolphin safe tuna. does he research any of his bs theories? and i like the guy.
He is a psuedo science bro

He believes alpha brain helps him focus and its scientifically proven, he also thinks chem traile are real

The common English name of dolphin causes much confusion. Additionally, two species of dolphinfish exist, the common dolphinfish (Coryphaena hippurus) and the pompano dolphinfish (Coryphaena equiselis). Both these species are commonly marketed by their Pacific name, mahi-mahi. They are not at all related to dolphins. Dolphins are air-breathing mammals, where as mahi mahi are water-breathing fish, distantly related to perch. See Coryphaena for the possible etymologies of "dolphinfish".
In California we only call those mahi (optional second -mahi) or dorado.

Anyway, I was referring to the common dolphin -- Delphinus delphis. I was quite clear about that, even naming the actual species of dolphin I caught, so I'm unsure why you thought I meant the fish?

Calling a coryphaenid a "common dolphin" would be pretty careless, since that's the true common name for the mammal, and a somewhat fucked-up version of the common name for the finfish. I always thought "dolphin/dolphinfish" was a ridiculous name for them anyway.

Last edited:
That is a cheap fucking way of getting out of responsibility.

Just because he says it, does not make it so. He has a job, he should complete it.

Would you kindly translate your point by making it possible to comprehend exactly WHAT you are talking about?
I feel like I disagree with your for taking a comic literally, but by the end of your statement, I really have no idea what you're talking about - so it makes it difficult to respond to.

Back