News Joe Pyfer returns against Marc-André Barriault at UFC 303, June 29

Who wins?

• Total voters
Everyone say that everytime Barriault fight.

He's not super good but he's better than he gets credit for. If the fight goes outside the 1st, he's a problem.

Tough, hits hard and he's relentless.

I still favor Pyfer but I can clearly see Barriault dragging him
If it stays standing, sure, but if Pyfer goes the grappling route then he probably chokes him I think.

this will surely TEST pyfer’s cardio. he’s fighting a dude named powerbar fer fucks sake. interesting….

Tricker than Razzak but nowhere near as punishing as Hermansson. This feels like pretty fun, honest matchmaking--I see a hungry Pyfer getting the KO, but he'll need a plan B if things last more than 1 round.

What's with UFC and trying to push gingers lately

Lately?

Screen-Shot-2021-07-09-at-16.36.09.png

Hell yeah, stoked for the return of The Pyfe
Here to fill a bodybag then steal your wife

Barriault is a failed Canadian prospect. Just isn't really good. I'm surprised they kept him after he lost his first 3 UFC fights. Then his 4th fight got overturned.
He's not the most polished guy out there, I'll give you that. But he's got great heart, and I find that he's actually improved over his last few bouts. I'm obviously not hinting by any stretch of the imagination that he might one day find himself anywhere near the top 5 of the division, but I think he could beat Joe Pyfer. That guy is a bit overrated, in my view. But it should be a fun fight regardless of who wins.

Hate to say it but pyfer is tailor made to beat the shit out of barriault. Straight punches are barriaults kryptonite
You're right, although I'm curious to see if Barriault can initiate some clinch situations in this fight, and throw some of these uppercuts.

Everyone say that everytime Barriault fight.

He's not super good but he's better than he gets credit for. If the fight goes outside the 1st, he's a problem.

Tough, hits hard and he's relentless.

I still favor Pyfer but I can clearly see Barriault dragging him
I agree 100%. He's a grinder with great heart. He usually gets beaten up quite a bit in that first round, but somehow manages to establish his jab later on, and initiate these sloppy clinch situations where he lands uppercuts and gets his opponent tired.

I agree that Pyfer is the favourite here, but anyone counting Barriault out is overestimating Pyfer and underestimating Barriault.

I agree 100%. He's a grinder with great heart. He usually gets beaten up quite a bit in that first round, but somehow manages to establish his jab later on, and initiate these sloppy clinch situations where he lands uppercuts and gets his opponent tired.

I agree that Pyfer is the favourite here, but anyone counting Barriault out is overestimating Pyfer and underestimating Barriault.

I kinda think Pyfer might starch Barriault because he's so hitable, but the second it becomes apparent Barriault can just eat those power shots, the pendulum goes the other way entirely.

Back