Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski added to UFC 233 in Anaheim, California (January 26th)

Who wins

• Joanne Calderwood

• Arianne Lipski

Results are only viewable after voting.
CORRECT ME THEN

Not really interested. Irrelevant, unproven source, and it is irrelevant to the original point anyway.
You want to refer to this topic specifically - be my guest and open another thread with credible sources.

And the point is: Eubanks IS a weight cut abuser whose place is in 135.
And Lipski IS a 125-er, an elite one, with a champion mentality and work ethics.

These statistics are simply WRONG.
There was much more weight misses than just 9 in 2018.

Here is another source:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/06/ufc-early-weigh-ins-by-the-numbers-broken-system

In this time period, 82 total events occurred with 962 fights. 62 fighters missed weight. Of the 62 to miss, 15 didn’t enter the octagon for their respective bouts due to various reasons. The 47 who did fight tallied a total record of 27-20.

So where's that bullshit 30-1 record of yours coming from?

From your fucking ass apparently, YOU CHEATER.

Not really interested. Irrelevant, unproven source, and it is irrelevant to the original point anyway.

You just got checked on your bullshit. You are just WRONG. You was lying, like a cheater. You claim that some fighters like Romero are cheaters, yet you lie like a CHEATER yourself!

{<jordan}

@Wolfbrigade if you wish to opne a different topic about weight cutting failures in 2018, or you want to discuss yours truly, be my guest.

This is a topic dedicated to a fight of elite Flyweight fighter Arianne Lipski, not to weight cut abusers

I'm a fan of Lipski...
But WAR Jo Jo 2.0 !

You want to refer to this topic specifically - be my guest and open another thread with credible sources.

And the point is: Eubanks IS a weight cut abuser whose place is in 135.
And Lipski IS a 125-er, an elite one, with a champion mentality and work ethics.
That "unproven source" is Oddsshark. Gambler's would LOVE it if there was a strong correlation between missing weight and the outcome of the fight. And as a statistician, it's something I would love to research more. But currently, there is no evidence, at least that I or seemingly anyone else can find, that missing weight equals a likely win. The fighters who miss weight and then win are typically HEAVY favorites to win before the miss. Example: Sijara Whobanks was a -530 or so favorite before the weight miss.

Solid debut for lipski. Got her taking this one

Don't want to see either lose.

She was a KSW champ in a division that has literally 3 fighters in it, lol. She has some good sub skills, but her standup is lacking. Someone like Eubanks would crush her.

But she's a hottie tho. Definitely top 5 hottest wmma fighters, lol.

Lipski would light eubanks up on the feet. Modafferi was just competitive on the feet with eubanks for christ's sake.

Last edited:
I doubt this fight goes the distance. Props to Jojo; she doesn't shy away from potentially tough fights.

Winner could realistically be 1st challenger for Schevchenko after she gets the belt.

Jarl

@Wolfbrigade if you wish to opne a different topic about weight cutting failures in 2018, or you want to discuss yours truly, be my guest.

This is a topic dedicated to a fight of elite Flyweight fighter Arianne Lipski, not to weight cut abusers
Wolf-brigade made a far better case than your 30-1 with no sources claim. Kinda funny you suddenly have to 'get back on topic', great timing to bow out. :D

Joanne has not aged well, so let's go younger.

joanne-calderwood-3a.jpg

Joanne_Calderwood.jpg

joanne-calderwood-1.jpg
Aged well? From what...

Joannne hasn't been impressive since TUF, hopefully Ariane runs threw her and shows she's a contender for 125.

Back