Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski added to UFC 233 in Anaheim, California (January 26th)

Who wins

• Joanne Calderwood

• Arianne Lipski

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am so ready for the debut of the Violence Queen. Sad that Moroz got hurt and had to push it back a few months but this should be a real battle.
I'm sad that the first one to the altar will be sweet little Jojo

She was a KSW champ in a division that has literally 3 fighters in it, lol. She has some good sub skills, but her standup is lacking. Someone like Eubanks would crush her.

But she's a hottie tho. Definitely top 5 hottest wmma fighters, lol.

Eubanks needs to make weight first.
She doesn't make weight on purpose - not to be drained by last pounds. Her wins at flyweight are mainly because she's fresher than her opponents by deliberate weight fail.

Lipski's division in KSW was indeed thin, but that was not my point at all.
My point is: she knows how to make championship weight and fight championship rounds.
She won't be Montano. Or Eubanks

I've marked my calendar on my IPhone 2. I'll make sure to put 6:20 PM for the start time so I don't miss it. Just have to eat dinner a hair later than normal to catch this all important WMMA flyweight contender matchup. Huge.

Nice, solid fight. Better than Moroz-Lipski imho.

Cool! Stoked for this matchup! JoJo has always been a fave, and Lipski's fun too. Hopefully this will be a FOTN level scrap :)

Eubanks needs to make weight first.

No one gives a fuck. Fight happens anyway.

She doesn't make weight on purpose - not to be drained by last pounds.

Kidney failure on purpose? LMAO, what the fuck are you smoking over there? I heard the same delusional arguments in Yoel's case. "He didn't cut the last pound because he didn't want to drain himself". What fucking difference does it make? He is already at deaths door at this point, i am sure one pound is not even a factor at this point.

No one gives a fuck. Fight happens anyway.

Kidney failure on purpose? LMAO, what the fuck are you smoking over there? I heard the same delusional arguments in Yoel's case. "He didn't cut the last pound because he didn't want to drain himself". What fucking difference does it make? He is already at deaths door at this point, i am sure one pound is not even a factor at this point.

Actually, weigh cut IS a factor.
Who gives? Every one with more than two brain cells.
Missing weight on purpose is cheating. End of story.

Yes, same with Romero - who is known for his ways to cheat in.every way possible.

Last pounds are important, whether you like it or not.
Fighters that miss weight actually say that they prefer not to cut when they feel bad and have fine instead.
Guess what? This IS cheating. Their opponent does what they don't , and they simply don't belong to this division.

Eubanks is NOT a flyweight, whether you like it or not.
And Romero is NOT a middleweight

I am a fan of Jojo but she sort of was overhyped and faded away recently

Missing weight on purpose is cheating. End of story.

First of all, there is no way to prove if somoene "missed weight on purpose". Second of all there is a punishment for missing weight. And last, but not least, UFC doesn't really like when fighter misses weight... having all of this in mind, i don't think that someone would miss by one pound on purpose, because repercussions outhweight benefits

Fighters that miss weight actually say that they prefer not to cut when they feel bad and have fine instead.

Because they are basically dying... You must be a complete fool to think that a guy who basically almost killed himself to make weight, but missed by one pound, is having an advantage over a dude who had an easy weight cut. This reasoning is just plain retarded.

And Romero is NOT a middleweight

Lol, what a fucking goofball argument this is... Almost everyone is not fighting at their natural weight. Romero missed weight once (0.2 pounds is not a missed weight, since comission cancelled his cut, and only a total goofball would claim that 0.2 pounds actually accounts for anything. It's not a fucking pharmacy) and now he is not a middleweight {<jordan} get the fuck out of here...

First of all, there is no way to prove if somoene "missed weight on purpose". Second of all there is a punishment for missing weight. And last, but not least, UFC doesn't really like when fighter misses weight... having all of this in mind, i don't think that someone would miss by one pound on purpose, because repercussions outhweight benefits

Because they are basically dying... You must be a complete fool to think that a guy who basically almost killed himself to make weight, but missed by one pound, is having an advantage over a dude who had an easy weight cut. This reasoning is just plain retarded.

Lol, what a fucking goofball argument this is... Almost everyone is not fighting at their natural weight. Romero missed weight once (0.2 pounds is not a missed weight, since comission cancelled his cut, and only a total goofball would claim that 0.2 pounds actually accounts for anything. It's not a fucking pharmacy) and now he is not a middleweight {<jordan} get the fuck out of here...

Dude are you living in some kind of a parallel universe?
Weight miss is a pandemic in MMA, the record of weight missers in UFC is something like 30-1 (1 is split devision loss of Romero), and you really don't think it's deliberate?
Get your moronic head out of the sand. Fighters clearly say that they don't cut more on purpose.
And you're coming here with your pitiful excuses?
Of course they don't need to die. They need to move up instead of abusing weight cuts.'

Bottom line: Romero is NOT a middleweight, whether you like it or not. He's a cheater.
Same with Eubanks.
Lipski is a real flyweight, who is able to make champion weight and compete like a champion.
And that's it.

Oh boy...

iu

FB_IMG_1475422180145.jpg

not sure how to feel about this one. Rooting for Jojo, but then wanted Ariane to have a solid start in the UFC.

This is a big step up in opponent for Lipski who has been fed pretty easy fights up to now.

Joanne via spinning backflip round house kick.

Weight miss is a pandemic in MMA,

No it's not. In 3 years there's been like 50 instances of missing weight in UFC. That's far from pandemic.

the record of weight missers in UFC is something like 30-1 (1 is split devision loss of Romero), and you really don't think it's deliberate?

Lol, this is complete bullshit. Look here:

Untitled-1.jpg

https://www.oddsshark.com/ufc/ufc-fighters-miss-weight-betting-records

As you can see, there really is no correlation and causation here. Failing to make weight doesn't determine the outcome of a fight, and it for sure doesn't help you to get a win. You must be a total moron to believe such irrational nonsence.

No it's not. In 3 years there's been like 50 instances of missing weight in UFC. That's far from pandemic.

Lol, this is complete bullshit. Look here:

Untitled-1.jpg

https://www.oddsshark.com/ufc/ufc-fighters-miss-weight-betting-records

As you can see, there really is no correlation and causation here. Failing to make weight doesn't determine the outcome of a fight, and it for sure doesn't help you to get a win. You must be a total moron to believe such irrational nonsence.

These statistics are simply WRONG.
There was much more weight misses than just 9 in 2018.
Unreliable, BS source. Well, coming from you, what can I expect.

Weight cut misses is a HUGE issue today, and it is known. Only some delusional people like you bury their heads in the sand.
What happens in THIS YEAR is NOTHING like before. It's an issue NOW.
It's a huge gap for CHEATING.

Romero is a known cheater, and a weight cut abuser. His place is at LHW.
Eubanks is the same, she should be BW.
Lipski is a true, elite flyweight.
And you're a complete moron.

I am a fan of Jojo but she sort of was overhyped and faded away recently
She's 2-0 as a UFC flyweight, having beaten Faria and Letourneau. Strawweight became too extreme of a cut for her.

Last edited:
Back