Jeremy Stephens: For sure Aldo was on PEDs during his title reign.

Could Aldo conveniently dropping his urine sample have been avoided?
Yes. Had the tester properly performed his job when Aldo gave him the 1st sample, there wouldn't have been any need for a second test.

But Aldo did give the tester a sample. But the tester lost track of it. If Aldo was trying to avoid giving a sample or trying to buy time, why did he piss in a cup when the guy first asked?

He didn't piss in the cup when the guy first asked, in the early afternoon of June 10. He pissed in a cup the next day. The entire point of random testing is that even a short delay can help athletes pass tests they would otherwise fail. And the tester lost track of it because he was being harassed by a cop who happened to train at Nova Unaio.

After all the red tape regarding VISAs was worked out, Aldo was three hours late for the scheduled test on June 12 and then spilled the first sample he gave.

His shenanigans bought him 48 hours. Aldo intentionally avoided a random test for reasons apparent to any objective observer.

A guy who ducks a random drug test, tries to get the tester deported and then deliberately spilled his urine sample used PED's? What a surprise!

everyone's on something, but you're a pussy if you accuse others of using them and pretend to be innocent

But Aldo did give the tester a sample. But the tester lost track of it. If Aldo was trying to avoid giving a sample or trying to buy time, why did he piss in a cup when the guy first asked?

(And Aldo had nothing to do with trying to get the guy deported. As a matter of fact, Dede stepped in and asked the authorities to let the guy stay so he could oversee the sample collectionj)

1. The tester himself said he lost track of the sample. Hard to lose track of something that was never given.

2. The idea that a tester shouldn't be in custody of a sample that he was paid to to collect is just ridiculous.

3. You are a USADA shill

4. I know how this particular sample process/collection went.

5. You think if you make enough shit up like Aldo deporting a tester or Aldo not actually giving a sample and hide it in a wall of text people won't notice and just accept whatever you say

Tester didn't say that. He stated both he and Jose lost control while he was detained.

He was detained in a holding room by a fucking policeman.

Screenshot_20171219-155646.png

So while detained BOTH lost control. Hardly surprising.

Screenshot_20171219-155556.png

Anything else you would like to be wrong about?

I'm not sure why you are going on about protocol. You wouldn't know protocol if it jumped up and bit you on the arse.

After being forcibly detained in a holding room leading him to lose sight of the sample (unsurprisingly) he ordered the sample destroyed.. That is the protocol.

If USADA had a problem with the Brazilian testing incident, they would've suspended Aldo forever like they did Wanderlei Silva.

Seems like the whole thing was a misunderstanding that was just ignored by both parties.

If USADA had a problem with the Brazilian testing incident, they would've suspended Aldo forever like they did Wanderlei Silva.

Seems like the whole thing was a misunderstanding that was just ignored by both parties.
It wasn't usada

In either Instance

Well he ran from a drug test, had the tester thrown out and it was never explained.

At this stage the only people that would surprise me getting caught roiding are the Diaz brothers.

Yes. Had the tester properly performed his job when Aldo gave him the 1st sample, there wouldn't have been any need for a second test.

So why did they also refuse to provide a sample to a local, Brazilian based, Brazilian born, doping control officer?

Screenshot_20171219-160641.png

And then Aldo was three hours late, spilled his sample to delay things further. The Brazilian mma guy didn't follow PROTOCOL, and then he poses for photos

Screenshot_20171219-160955.png Screenshot_20171219-161011.png Screenshot_20171219-161021.png

We can say that about many fighters. But if they didn't get caught, then they're good in my mind. lol. We will never knowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Exactly. Like probably 99% if fighters pre-usada aldo was gimmicked.the was no reason not to.

However, unlike Jones, unlike Anderson Silva, when USADA came along it would appear, at least based on results, that Aldo, like others, got the message

I don't hold it against people particularly using in the days when there was basically zero testing. It's human nature to want that edge.

So Jeremy must be right. Aldo is a cheater. Never failed any tests. Might as well shit on anyone when something odd or we don't like happens. I recall Weidman having incredibly low ratios on a test. He must be using as well. That's why he lost eventually once USADA popped up.

At the end of the day, we can all speculate. Until a guy fails, he's clean. That's how I've always viewed it anyway.

What's your thoughts on the old TRT usage?

Without a failed drug test you can not accuse somebody like that that is bogus even though common sense tells us certain things especially with the girls they are so obvious but until they fail a test they are innocent. It is innocent until proven guilty in America not guilty until proven innocent
Exactly

It’s not like Aldo went down like Barack or Erick Silva, who were completely shot and looked like different fighters in the next fight, Aldo just had a competitive fight with Holloway

Stephens has always been an idiot, bad at self promoting

Ask Connor

So Jeremy must be right. Aldo is a cheater. Never failed any tests. Might as well shit on anyone when something odd or we don't like happens. I recall Weidman having incredibly low ratios on a test. He must be using as well. That's why he lost eventually once USADA popped up.

At the end of the day, we can all speculate. Until a guy fails, he's clean. That's how I've always viewed it anyway.

What's your thoughts on the old TRT usage?

same as my opion on doping pre-usada

there was virtually no testing, the only testing was fight nights and that was limited at best. The sport is born out of a gym history with the various things that go around gyms in the bodybuilding crowd etc.

If you put people in an environment where there is very little testing, in fact an environment where doping was almost encouraged (Pride contracts for instance) of course people will do it. And then you have a situation where you need to do it just to compete, or just to keep up.

Its human nature, and its understandable. I dont condone it, but I understand it.

Of course there are exceptions. Guys like Barnett who was clearly doing it more, and closer to fight night than anyone else because of the sheer number of times he got caught. He was going that extra step. While other guys were cycling off three-four weeks out. He was cycling off a week out.

and this is still the situation on teh regionals, virtually no testing, a large percentage are doping. But there is a trickle down starting already. Something like 9-10 fighters who have joined the UFC have popped either on their first test or before even fighting.

Its human nature, and its understandable. I dont condone it, but I understand it.

But for fuck sake, dont try and deny it. Anyone who has any sort of background in Anti doping knows full well what Aldo was doing in that DFS case. Its totally obvious to anyone with any sort of knowledge, its as obvious a case as ive ever seen.

And I dont actually give a shit if he was gimicked back then, but fuck me, if you (not you personally) are gonna deny it, im gonna call you out on it.

But then there comes a point where that changes. When Nevada implemented the enhanced program. When USADA came along. If you are still doping after there is a concerted effort by organisers, anti doping bodies, commissions, media and to a degree fans and other fighters, if you are still doping then.. then fuck you.

The TRT issue comes somewhere in between. It was not "Therapy" it was legalised doping. Legalised abuse. And even if these guys did have low testosterone levels in all likelehood it was due to doping. But.. when all said and done. If a commission says "hey guys, who wants to legally dope" youd be a fool to turn it down.

I recall Weidman having incredibly low ratios on a test. He must be using as well. That's why he lost eventually once USADA popped up.

I think its fair to assume 90% of the fighters were doping to some degree.

my only concern is did they dope after October 1st 2015 when the USADA program started for real.

That said, its good to see some people (Lombard for example) getting their arses handed to them since USADa came along. It was good to see the Ronda myth crumble the minute they came along.

Of course, that doesnt mean it was a level playing field because everyone was doing it. Not everyone would be doing the same. Some maybe cycling steroids out of comp, some maybe using EPO fight night. Then you get the situation that some are better responders than others, everyones physiology will react differently.. but essentially i have a kind of person armistice prior to 2015

but, i will call people out on their bullshit. :D

Without a failed drug test you can not accuse somebody like that that is bogus even though common sense tells us certain things especially with the girls they are so obvious but until they fail a test they are innocent. It is innocent until proven guilty in America not guilty until proven innocent
I feel the same way but find myself always in the minority with such an opinion. Other people really trust their eyes a lot more than I do. Or just blidnly assuming everyone was on drugs. Might be true, but you never know unless there is testing. Even then, who knows about corruption behind the scenes . It's the fight business for profit.

Back