Jeremy Stephens: For sure Aldo was on PEDs during his title reign.

I didn't say anything about his teammates being caught.

The head coach had to hold anti ped meetings ffs. The whole gym was filled with it. It was something that had to be addessed regularly.

He was bulky and explosive, then gets lean AND gets worse cardio and less explosion? Anybody who has dabbled in PEDs or is very familiar with them knows what's up. His androgenic receptors were going nuts then all of a sudden calmed down and his bulkiness, explosiveness, and cardio calmed as well.

Come on, buddy.
Leave the real science for places who actually can talk about it.

Let us not forget that in here Cyborg is still a monster because she is benefiting from PED's she took 10 years ago.
Now Aldo stopped taking and instantly becomes a can.

You guys need to get together and actually study this shit before getting to baseless conclusions about guys you don't know, don't have a clue what he take or took, how they live and what impacts his body.

Come on, buddy.
Leave the real science for places who actually can talk about it.

Let us not forget that in here Cyborg is still a monster because she is benefiting from PED's she took 10 years ago.
Now Aldo stopped taking and instantly becomes a can.

You guys need to get together and actually study this shit before getting to baseless conclusions about guys you don't know, don't have a clue what he take or took, how they live and what impacts his body.

I don't have to be scientist lol I know the world of athletics and performance enhancing drugs is a big a confusing world but some of us have actually done it, bud.

Cyborg looks physically different and the amount she took is far from the amount Aldo did. Cyborg drastically altered her hormones for life and you can see the difference in her physique.

Aldo didn't become a can, you are just exaggrating my point to yourself so you can more justifiably disregard it. It's a common defense mechanism when someone is afraid they are wrong and care so much about it.

It's funny how you won't actually respond directly to anything I've said lol

No, but had his Brazil hiding, not answering phone, then trying to deport the tester, then turning up 2 hyours late, then spilling his sample, happened under USADA he almost certainly would have faced an anti doping charge.

That fiasco is always going to count against him. It was about as obvious a case of avoidance/tampering as I have ever seen

Maybe the USADA collector should've gotten the right visa before doing business in a foreigner country. This is basic stuff

Without a failed drug test you can not accuse somebody like that that is bogus even though common sense tells us certain things especially with the girls they are so obvious but until they fail a test they are innocent. It is innocent until proven guilty in America not guilty until proven innocent
Sherdog does this a lot

that JS guy has to be one sad individual to blame his lack of achievements to a random unproved accusation, Aldo was the best at his time, so he´s saying that all the best fighters were on PEDs when they were at their peaks... pls STFU and when he earns a TS just then he might call someone as a cheater

He 50-45 Frankie fucking Edgar during this era of new testing

I'm not saying Aldo is clean but he's never failed and he arguably gave his greatest performance at UFC 200.
It's crazy how many people forget about this fight. Just blind aldo hate on sherdog.

Just blind aldo hate on sherdog.

People hating on Aldo aren't fight-fans, and aren't fans of MMA, either.

Dude is one of the most respectful and greatest champions ever, he did quite a lot for our sport and the way he views MMA is admirable.

Sherdog does this a lot
Sherdog is not what it used to be years ago, now its likely 90% of the posters are either casual/weekend fans who know s*** about MMA, or just sad people bashing others to feel good instead of getting better themselves

I mean, Nick Diaz already said it. They're all on steroids.

Lost respect for him after the testing incident but his performances after Conor made me a fan again. Guy is a true warrior.

dim is obviously gotten to when faced with the actual facts of how it all played out.

He's listing guidelines and bullet points. He's telling us all how its supposed to be handled while neglecting the facts of how it was actually handled. And he wants you to believe that Aldo tried to deport the tester, lol as if Aldo has that power.

1. We know that the tester asked Aldo for a sample.

2. We know Aldo provided the sample.

3. We know the tester lost chain of custody of the sample.

Thats it. It really is that simple. The guy didn't follow all the protocols laid out here in loving detail by dim.
Except

1. He did not provide a sample - the sample collection is not complete till its boxed away and sealed

2. Aldo lost custody of the sample not the collector. The collectors should not have been in custody of the sample

3. You are an aldo nuthugger

4. You don't even after all this time know how a sample collection process goes

5. You know you are wrong you just think if you repeat it enough with your pretty blue name people will think you are right.

Jose failed to show up for a random test, then spilling his sample, and then had the test taker arrested by a cop who happened to train at his gym. It's obvious that he was avoiding the results of that test and was trying hard to buy himself some time. Now add to that all his statements (and his coaches) about flaunting IV rules and how fighters should be allowed to use PEDs.

I know how it is as a fan. The urge to deny the obvious can be overwhelming. As for me, I think Aldo's legacy is damn impressive, whether I think he used PEDs or not.
Exactly. Like probably 99% if fighters pre-usada aldo was gimmicked.the was no reason not to.

However, unlike Jones, unlike Anderson Silva, when USADA came along it would appear, at least based on results, that Aldo, like others, got the message

I don't hold it against people particularly using in the days when there was basically zero testing. It's human nature to want that edge.

giphy.gif

He never tried to deport a tester. As a matter of fact, Aldo and his coach stepped in and insisted that the tester, despite not have the proper paperwork, be allowed to stay in country and oversee the actual, legitimate test that was administered by qualified professionals who knew what they were doing.

The guy they sent not only had the wrong paperwork, he actually lost track of the initial sample that Aldo gave as soon as he was asked. If they would have sent someone who actually knew how to do his job, you know, maintain chain of custody of a given sample, then "that fiasco" could have been avoided.
Could Aldo conveniently dropping his urine sample have been avoided?

Jose failed to show up for a random test, then spilling his sample, and then had the test taker arrested by a cop who happened to train at his gym. It's obvious that he was avoiding the results of that test and was trying hard to buy himself some time. Now add to that all his statements (and his coaches) about flaunting IV rules and how fighters should be allowed to use PEDs.

I know how it is as a fan. The urge to deny the obvious can be overwhelming. As for me, I think Aldo's legacy is damn impressive, whether I think he used PEDs or not.

But Aldo did give the tester a sample. But the tester lost track of it. If Aldo was trying to avoid giving a sample or trying to buy time, why did he piss in a cup when the guy first asked?

(And Aldo had nothing to do with trying to get the guy deported. As a matter of fact, Dede stepped in and asked the authorities to let the guy stay so he could oversee the sample collectionj)
Except

1. He did not provide a sample - the sample collection is not complete till its boxed away and sealed

2. Aldo lost custody of the sample not the collector. The collectors should not have been in custody of the sample

3. You are an aldo nuthugger

4. You don't even after all this time know how a sample collection process goes

5. You know you are wrong you just think if you repeat it enough with your pretty blue name people will think you are right.

1. The tester himself said he lost track of the sample. Hard to lose track of something that was never given.

2. The idea that a tester shouldn't be in custody of a sample that he was paid to to collect is just ridiculous.

3. You are a USADA shill

4. I know how this particular sample process/collection went.

5. You think if you make enough shit up like Aldo deporting a tester or Aldo not actually giving a sample and hide it in a wall of text people won't notice and just accept whatever you say

No proof whatsoever to those claims. That is a very serious allegation. Aldo looks the same to me as he did when he was first in UFC, obviously he is older in the face and his hairline receding, but his body is pretty much the same. Funnily enough Stephens has lost muscle in recent years since USADA came, he is noticeably slimmer himself now.. hmmm.

Takes one to know one, as they say!.

Aldo looked as good or better physically at his last fight as he ever has in his entire career. Thats called good genes.

Back