Jeremy Stephens: For sure Aldo was on PEDs during his title reign.

No, but had his Brazil hiding, not answering phone, then trying to deport the tester, then turning up 2 hyours late, then spilling his sample, happened under USADA he almost certainly would have faced an anti doping charge.

That fiasco is always going to count against him. It was about as obvious a case of avoidance/tampering as I have ever seen
Aldo is a government agent with the power to deport someone?

I'm pretty sure what happened was a company the CSAC contracted to do their testing sent a tester to brazil that didn't have proper identification nor did he have the proper Visa to be working in Brazil at the time. When this suspicious individual attempted to test Aldo he was not allowed to because a policeman was there at the time and the tester was detained for attempting to work without a visa in a foreign country.

A clean top ten fighter is a hilarious myth. Pre and post USADA.

Everyone's doing the same shit. Some are just playing the Lance Armstrong game amd accusing others.

Without a failed drug test you can not accuse somebody like that that is bogus even though common sense tells us certain things especially with the girls they are so obvious but until they fail a test they are innocent. It is innocent until proven guilty in America not guilty until proven innocent

Broski this isn’t America, this is FUCKING SHERDOG! Those mother fuckers were doing PED’s of the anabolic type!

Yeah exactly...I always think that with Nate Mardquart who looked amazing for a while and then got old and didn’t look as amazing any more.

I know you're being tongue and cheek but really think it through.

BJ Penn had a very clear delineation line where his athleticism took a dip, and suddenly he wasn't special anymore. This is long before USADA. We watched BJ Penn get old, seemingly overnight.

We can literally plot the data of NFL running backs from a large sample set of years, and definitively conclude ~30 is a massive wall where you lose it. Their job requires razor sharp efficiency driven by a combination of athleticism and training.

They lose something in the course of 5% of their speed. If you are an NFL running back, thats making a play or not. In MMA, its getting hit or not... landing your punch or not.

No one knows if Aldo was using PEDS, so we can only guess.

What I can guarantee you is age is a factor in fighting, and fighters tend to get old very quickly. When you lose it, it goes fast in the lower weight divisions.

Jose failed to show up for a random test, then spilling his sample, and then had the test taker arrested by a cop who happened to train at his gym. It's obvious that he was avoiding the results of that test and was trying hard to buy himself some time. Now add to that all his statements (and his coaches) about flaunting IV rules and how fighters should be allowed to use PEDs.

I know how it is as a fan. The urge to deny the obvious can be overwhelming. As for me, I think Aldo's legacy is damn impressive, whether I think he used PEDs or not.

No, but had his Brazil hiding, not answering phone, then trying to deport the tester, then turning up 2 hyours late, then spilling his sample, happened under USADA he almost certainly would have faced an anti doping charge.

That fiasco is always going to count against him. It was about as obvious a case of avoidance/tampering as I have ever seen

That all may be true, but there is no reason to speculate without proof. Sometimes when you smell bullshit youre just driving past farms. Nothing else.

Arguing with dimspace on anti-doping issues is a schoolboy error ffs. Some good dudes letting themselves down in here :(

He's just mad that he got more famous from the Conor incident than he did for KOing RDA

This so much this.

As far as I am concerned you can paint em Red hang a sign around his neck that says GUILTY.

That shit was so dodgy it is not even funny.

Fuck you, buddy.
That incident happened 100% on USADA's side.
The guy showed unannounced, the Brazilian AC was not told he would show up and upon questioning he did not even have a proper visa to do his job in Brazil.
When requested Aldo did provide the samples but was told (by his manager) to throw it away until everything was squared away. Which it was all cleared up by USADA a day later and Aldo provided all samples requested... and passed all tests.

For you to "count it against him" just shows you are a fucking piece of shit.

Andre had to hold gym meetings over the ped use going around in Nova Uniao lol

Peds were everywhere in that gym and his coach and managers were trying to contain it.

You honestly think Jones used peds without Greg Jackson and Winklejohns knowledge? Lol

Wake up man. Aldo leaned out when he spoke for years how he would be forced to move to 155 but has only gotten leaner and his cardio has only gotten worse. What a weird combination of things with the gym meetings that were held regularly.

Without a failed drug test you can not accuse somebody like that that is bogus even though common sense tells us certain things especially with the girls they are so obvious but until they fail a test they are innocent. It is innocent until proven guilty in America not guilty until proven innocent

Believe that if you want to lol

Agree. Brock lesnar was clean until he got older and fought hunt after a long layoff

Agree with everything but the last part.

Dimspace is a good dude.

This was just a power struggle between usada and commissions and aldo was in the middle of it.
Look, I have nothing against him.
Most posts than not, he is respectful.
But it is his choice to believe and keep spreading these lies. Especially after all has been cleared up on Aldo's side.
I find it very low and downright bashing a fighter to make the claims he did.

Andre had to hold gym meetings over the ped use going around in Nova Uniao lol

Peds were everywhere in that gym and his coach and managers were trying to contain it.

You honestly think Jones used peds without Greg Jackson and Winklejohns knowledge? Lol

Wake up man. Aldo leaned out when he spoke for years how he would be forced to move to 155 but has only gotten leaner and his cardio has only gotten worse. What a weird combination of things with the gym meetings that were held regularly.

I think you are the one who needs to wake up.
Jon was caught. Multiple times.
Aldo never failed his tests.

And while I do think Greg J. & Wink should know about their starfighters (same should apply to any gym anywhere), claiming Aldo is dirty because other fighters from NU got caught is ridiculous. most top gyms have fighters who got caught.

While I do think Aldo was on PEDs and his adversaries were as well, this talk that he was on PEDs and now he gasses due to the lack of it completely ignores Aldo vs. Hominick fight, and a bunch of others where he either gassed or had to pace himself to not gas, and I'm talking years before USADA.

I think you are the one who needs to wake up.
Jon was caught. Multiple times.
Aldo never failed his tests.

And while I do think Greg J. & Wink should know about their starfighters (same should apply to any gym anywhere), claiming Aldo is dirty because other fighters from NU got caught is ridiculous. most top gyms have fighters who got caught.

I didn't say anything about his teammates being caught.

The head coach had to hold anti ped meetings ffs. The whole gym was filled with it. It was something that had to be addessed regularly.

He was bulky and explosive, then gets lean AND gets worse cardio and less explosion? Anybody who has dabbled in PEDs or is very familiar with them knows what's up. His androgenic receptors were going nuts then all of a sudden calmed down and his bulkiness, explosiveness, and cardio calmed as well.

Back