JDS says Stipe beaten him with a lucky shot

Wow, JDS has always been the most humble brazillian. And i thought him and Stipe were actually friends. I am shocked.

I love JDS but this is just sour grapes, no lucky shots in MMA.

It is crazy how much those Cain fights took out of him. It's like they put a decade of fight miles on him in two fights.
Its called being a fighter.

People on this same forum shit all over a shot Crocop when he aruguably fought an even 1st round vs a young and hungry JDS despite showing zero desire to be there. Its what happens to all fighters, however its different for each one.

No Junior, he beat you because you back up towards the fence with your hands down

JDS is my favourite fighter of all time but come on, nothing lucky about Stipe winning.

After Stipe's collection of "lucky shots" continues to grow... you eventually gotta start wondering if maybe just knows wtf he'z doing... lol

Can't go to hard on JDS trying to pimp a title shot though.

They're all circumstantial examples. Intention doesn't negate probability.

Sorry, that is exactly how reality works.

You are comparing a halfcourt shot to someone landing a punch. This wasnt some crazy haymaker, it was a straight right right down the pipe.

It wasnt luck, it was JDS inability to deal with pressure that allowed Stipe to land that punch

It is crazy how much those Cain fights took out of him. It's like they put a decade of fight miles on him in two fights.

Those fights shaved years of his life away and he was never the same again.

Brazilians sure lose by alot of lucky shots.

Sucks to hear non sense like this from JDS, as a fan of his i thought he wouldn't be the type of fighter to claim a "lucky punch" excuse. Stipe chased him down, cut him off, backed him to the fence and crushed him. It's not as if they both wildy swung and Stipe got the first shot in.

giphy.gif

<{cruzshake}>
My goodness.

You would think that JDS would be working on his defense as much as possible by now. What even was that?
He gonna continue to get knocked out as long as fighters can put together a simple gameplan and pressure him to the fence.

Junior Dos Santos became Tres Santos because he added the kicking game to his arsenal & started using kicks more frequently. But not even Tres Santos was strong enough to withstand the fury of the grizzled Croatian-American.

I'm certain Dos Santos doesn't truly believe that. This is just him using hype & propaganda.

Ouch....Not a good look for JDS. I would think he would be above this.

Towel should have been thrown in during The second fight and when he got knocked down in the third fight it should have been called. Morons all around regarding his health

I'll always be a JDS supporter but his inability to change his style even the slightest bit by not backing up in to the fence has cost him his career. Fighters figured it out and realized its a sure fire way to beat him and they've employed it. In his earlier fights he was ALWAYS the aggressor and following Cain II he became cautious and this back up fighter. Stipe's shot was clean and calculated. Sorry JDS I can't back you on this one

Lol @ Stipes tattoos.

Croatian? American? Asian ...

<{MingNope}>

[lollollol...]

OK now that I've had a good laugh, I'm actually going to speculate about the why of it. Thanks to http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/asian-characters-in-fighter-tattoos.3591897/ we know that the characters translate to "Strong Style Fight Team", the name of his team. Its owner and head coach, Marcus Marinelli, also has those characters tattooed on his back. With a name like that he's obviously Italian — BUT he has black belts in Chinese kenpo and shootfighting. And like many students of Asian-bred fighting skills, Marcus's thoughts went to Asian characters when he wanted to say something with body ink.

As an aside, I'll note that Miocic's tattoos all have what I'd call a meaning of affiliation to them. The back tattoo is his team's name. His foot tattoo is the Croatian grb or coat of arms, for his Croatian heritage. And the tattoo on his right calf is the coat of arms of the Miocic family.

I hate the expression "lucky punch".

Was JDS KO shot of Cain Velasquez lucky? (No. He intended to land a big punch and did. Just like Stipe Miocic intended to KO JDS, and did so. No luck about it.)

I've saying the same thing about Serra and gsp. Matt intended to throw and land a punch that he threw and it landed. Where is the luck?

Also, though it'll break jds heart, I'm disappointed that he said that. He was always one of the good guys, but now rendered an excuse maker. Sucks.

Very surprising statement from JDS.

He was the one who said that Stipe was better than Overeem and this after his KO loss, and showed true respect for Stipe.

I'm a big fan of JDS but I hope he has other options to make a living. He needs to stop fighting soon.

Back