Jaunty's "My House, My Rules" Fatherly Advice Basement Bar

I've found Dan very helpful, he's even gone out of his way to critique my technique and offer advice. But that oly lift thread was a bit of a shit show and you can see why he, to quote my dad, "got his knickers in a twist."

No question, he's a solid guy. But you're a regular poster and logger and that give you credibility here. So providing you advice isn't giving shit away. Its investing in a camaraderie, comrade!

But you're a regular poster and logger and that give you credibility here.

9RhCWsL.gif

So, who if you has a FloPro-account that I can use?

Regarding that discussion from the end of the last Pub: there are guys who have been posting here for as long as me who still barely know a fucking thing about training and have made absolutely abysmal progress in the gym.

That's not my fault, or Dan's, or anyone else's.

You can lead a horse to water...

As far as training environments go, this forum is basically like a shitty commercial gym.

A bunch of people who pretend to give a fuck, but don't really. Another bunch of people doing nothing but spinning their wheels, looking for the next magic bullet to get them out of their rut, when really that "rut" has been their entire training career. Yet another bunch of guys who do a ton of shit to make themselves feel like they're working hard, yet the end result never shows any progress.

After a while, someone with my goals and personality gets really fucking sick of being in that environment, around that group of people, whether it's online or in person.

How many of the guys here who have been training for 5+ years can even do 475/315/565?

I get that other people have bigger things in their lives than lifting (families, careers, etc), but I'm not really talking about that.

I'm strictly talking about the merits of this place as a training forum.

I get that other people have bigger things in their lives than lifting (families, careers, etc), but I'm not really talking about that.

I'm strictly talking about the merits of this place as a training forum.

Well its definitely not the same. But its the only place I know.

Well there is the other forum but I couldn't keep up with the discussion, and the lifting wasn't too busy either. They were definitely strong though. What I've been doing is surrounding myself in real life with big fucking strong people. That seems to keep me going when I feel like I cant. I haven't competed since Feb, and before that I hadn't really tested where I'm at but things haven't changed at all for me in the last 2 years. I tended to get on a roll, then something would change my priorities, then I'd get on a roll again. I'm not too worried about it anymore. It used to eat at me big-time, but I'm just going to continue to plug away with a simple routine. If my parents can do it, there really isn't any excuse.

When it comes to physical activities I definitely think there is something to surrounding yourself with people who are interested in them in the physical world.The internet can be a good resource for info but doing the thing consistently is much more important.

Which is why my lifting has been crap for the last while but I'm playing some of the best hockey of my life.

Which is why my lifting has been crap for the last while

For the most part, I train by myself in a commercial gym. The equipment is also pretty shitty.

You are one of the worst excuse makers here when it comes to your terrible progress in the gym. Try again.

For the most part, I train by myself in a commercial gym. The equipment is also pretty shitty.

You are one of the worst excuse makers here when it comes to your terrible progress in the gym. Try again.
Who gives a shit?

He said his progress has been crap because he hasn't been consistent. That's not excuse making, it's acknowledging his problem.

...The internet can be a good resource for info but doing the thing consistently is much more important.

Which is why my lifting has been crap for the last while but I'm playing some of the best hockey of my life.

What excuses did I make for my terrible progress? I've been terribly inconsistent for the last few years and when I'm at the gym half the time my head and heart isn't in it because of shit going on in my life. What's your problem?

Or am I just next up in your rotation through criticizing people who don't make consistent progress?

After a while, someone with my goals and personality gets really fucking sick of being in that environment, around that group of people, whether it's online or in person.

Why do you come here then?

Who gives a shit?

He said his progress has been crap because he hasn't been consistent. That's not excuse making, it's acknowledging his problem.

I just broke your 'like' virginity btw.. I hope it was as good for you as it was for me.

I've got until October to add 105kg to my total. Better hit the tren.

I've got 37.5kg left, rounded up to the nearest .5 of a kg. Damn.. Might have to join you. Or stop fanny farting around in the weights room, shirt lifting and taking intra-workout selfies.

Back