Jacob Volkmann says he's going to expose the UFC

Well go get a real job then
He sounds like an entitled crybaby

He's chiropractor, apparently, so yeah, he has 'real job'.

He is certainly sounds like he's whining here, but he kinda has a point, 50k per year is rather shitty when you have to cover training expenses.

If he wins the WSOF title, he'll TOTALLY be exposing the UFC. Just like he exposed Obama.

Volkmann would probably make more money if he dropped the "Christmas" moniker and became "The Conspiracy Theorist"

EK: Are you at all bitter about how things worked out with the UFC?

JV: Very bitter. They always claim that they treat the fighters so well. Yeah, they treat the top five per cent of the fighters well — the ones that are on the main card all the time. They don’t treat the rest of them very well. The healthcare plan is horrible, with a $1,500 deductible per injury — the catastrophic-injury insurance is not even really good insurance. There’s no retirement fund, there’s no signing bonus. You start off at six-and-six, you’re really not making too much money because you’re self-employed, so you’re paying the self-employment tax and you’re paying the regular tax and income tax. So you’re paying twice as much in tax. They claim they’re treating the fighters well, but they’re not, realistically.

EK: Do you feel that’s a misconception among fans?

JV: Of course … People always tell me, “You’re rich — you’re on TV!” Are you kidding me? I made $54,000 two years ago, paid $9,000 in taxes, so that leaves me with $45,000. This last year, I made $50,000 and paid $8,000 in taxes. That leaves me with $42,000 — that’s barely above poverty. I have three kids and a wife I’m supporting.

EK: At the end of the day, what are you hoping to accomplish with the World Series of Fighting?

JV: I’m trying to make the fans realize what the UFC is really like — I’m going to expose them as much as I can. But also my goal is to win in World Series and try to stay undefeated. Obviously it’s to win. The short-term goal is to win. The long-term goal is, as soon as they come out with that belt, I’d like to get that belt.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437209/Bitter-Volkmann-plans-to-expose-the-UFC/

Its good to see more fighters coming out and publicly calling the UFC out on this, I've been saying this same thing for a long time now and it has to pick up momentum in order for anything to realistically change.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...-fx-8-loss-pushes-better-fighter-pay-2468081/

He is certainly sounds like he's whining here, but he kinda has a point, 50k per year is rather shitty when you have to cover training expenses.

People ignore that. Joe Lauzon said that his training camp costs $20K a year. I don't think Volkmann pays that much, but even if he pays $10K a year, it's still a lot and he's not left with a lot of money.

If he wins the WSOF title, he'll TOTALLY be exposing the UFC. Just like he exposed Obama.

Volkmann would probably make more money if he dropped the "Christmas" moniker and became "The Conspiracy Theorist"

Jacob "The War on Christmas" Volkmann

What a fool he is. If its really true he is paying that much in taxes he needs to fire his accountant. You know how much he can write off being an independent contractor? Plus he has 3 kids if he claims them sheeeeet he should be getting money back.

Erick Silva had 4 fights in the UFC and he already made more than 200,000 dollars just in bonuses and public payday.

It`s all about fighters who strive in this sport. Volkmann is a good wrestler and has some overall good skills, but he doesn`t produce fights that make the sport what it is.

He's complaining about being left with 45k in a year, that's pretty well off to me. I'm making nothing.

He might have to relocate as for most of America 50k a year is a decent income. 50k to do something you love isn't that bad. Maybe he should just join his local laborer union. They have to bust their ass to make 50k and most of the time they don't even like what they're doing.

lucky for him, he is an obama fan .. obama looks out for guys like him ... he coulda been dumb and voted for romney who would have cut programs for the poor and middle class and kept the rich richer by not increasing their taxes or getting rid of the loop holes they use to not pay as much in tax ...

Stop whining Volkmann, you are irrelevant.

3 kids is his own and his wife decision, but yea i do agree with him on expenses, they are probably quite high if you train on professional level.

Well, to put things in perspective Latrel Sprewell was complaining about feeding his family when negotiating his multi-million dollars contract.

Volkman earns below the median worker in the US population.

I think that one day every fighter in the UFC will have pretty robust minimum contracts (100K+ / year), like most other established sports have.

Back