Jacob Volkmann says he's going to expose the UFC

50K a year is more than I make slaving 50+ hrs a week with a degree.

Boxing isn't like that, it's quite a harsh sport in which you make your living. UFC is better in that regard, but PPV are PPV so eventually there is going to be more differences between top tier fighter and mid and low. Harsh reality.

I guess it is a matter if they want to keep prospects on the UFC or not.

If they only keep the real deal fighters on the roster (e.g. top 20), and putting the prospects and low tier veterans on a "development league" I can see the bottom guy on the UFC making 100K or more in the near future.

It's like the NBA, the bottom guy makes tons of money, but then they have the development league where people make peanuts.

yeah, he just works 3 or 4 nights a year, for 15 minutes each night. he literally works an hour a year and gets paid 45k, right? because every other day of the year, he's not doing anything and could be at another job, right? he isn't training for 8 weeks for every one of those nights and he never spends a week or two lying in his bed after fights for injuries. no no. he just watches tv all the time and fights for an hour every year.

Nice post.

how is that exactly exposing the ufc?

we see the fighter's disclosed pay after each event.

$1500 deductible for health insurance? fine, pay for better health insurance yourself.

no signing bonus? no retirement fund? you knew that going in.

I think he wants to a corporate Job but even in the corporate field like a banker accountant Sales Agent etc, those are not guaranteed to be big. specially retirement fund.

In todays economy Private companies are cutting down every benefit they can give to their employee while we get taxed to death.

That povetry-claim made me wish he'll get his head kicked in badly.

I will not be cheering for Volkman.

So say he spends 8 hours a day in the gym, five days a week which would be like a "normal" jobs hours, then he's averaging $23.43 per hour AFTER taxes.

He graduated from University of Minnesota and runs a chiropractor according to his hours. If fighting and making $23.43 an hour isn't enough, them maybe he should use whatever his degree is in and try to get a regular 9-5. And yes, I know that as a fighter you still have to pay training fees, supplements, etc etc but lots of fighters still maintain real jobs to help bring in reliable money until they "hit it big". Just look at Shane Carwin.

The numbers he's quoting should already account for expenses. He's not going to be paying any sort of tax on money that goes to pay for his training fees (an expense). So, that's basically his take home pay.

Well, to put things in perspective Latrel Sprewell was complaining about feeding his family when negotiating his multi-million dollars contract.

Volkman earns below the median worker in the US population.

I think that one day every fighter in the UFC will have pretty robust minimum contracts (100K+ / year), like most other established sports have.

and he also made about 15,000 above the median income in Minnesota. I can understand that salary if he lived in California or New York City, but the guy lives in Minnesota where cost of living is cheap.

As someone alluded to earlier, he needs to get a guy to do his taxes. Could have gotten quite a bit back if he had 3 kids.

He's complaining about paying a lower tax amount than most of us here. Oh, man, I feel so bad for this guy.

considering nobody is interested in his fights or entertained by them, 45k is a lot.

I get 12k a year in autism bux and im living pretty comfortably.

He fuckd up by moving out of his moms house and having kids.

Wait, $42,000 is barely above poverty in America?

brb, moving to America, I get

42k barely above poverty... get the fuck out... Doesn't he have a chiropractor business on the side?

LOL. The fog is lifting. No wonder the guy seems to have a chip on his shoulder. jk

Last edited:
Back