Jacob Volkmann says he's going to expose the UFC

JuRAYsic Park**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
EK: Are you at all bitter about how things worked out with the UFC?

JV: Very bitter. They always claim that they treat the fighters so well. Yeah, they treat the top five per cent of the fighters well

Nobody forced him to fight for a living.

Volkmann is fighting for the title people of the UFC. Volkmann for president

Poverty $50k? Shouldn't have had 3 kids buddy! $50k seams about right for a guy at that level.

Just bleed god approves of keeping fighters "hungry."

He's complaining about being left with 45k in a year, that's pretty well off to me. I'm making nothing.

Maybe if he did more than try to make a gimmick out of himself with that Volkmann for President crap, he'd still be in the UFC.

Im generally for fighters making more money, but JV is such a douche, he just irritates me.

You work 3 maybe 4 nights a year, and you are making 45k after tax, slow your roll. Lot's of people supporting 3 kids with much less than 45k.

Yeah, because fighting requires no preparation aside from the time you spend in the cage.

Im generally for fighters making more money, but JV is such a douche, he just irritates me.

You work 3 maybe 4 nights a year, and you are making 45k after tax, slow your roll. Lot's of people supporting 3 kids with much less than 45k.

I would say that a pro fighter, especially one fighting in top promotions, works much more frequently than 3-4 a year, when he is in the ring.

i'll agree 45k, and 42k isn't a lot of money. But its fine to get by on, should low end fighters get paid more in the UFC, hell yeah. do i cry for him only making 42k or 45k while his wife doesn't seem to work nope.

That leaves me with $42,000 — that’s barely above poverty.

Not long ago I was in college getting my BSN, my wife was in college, I had to pay day care for a baby son, a mortgage and everything that entails (TV/Internet/Elec/Utils/Food) and I made barely 24k working my ass off while also going to school and having to make A's because the BSN program was stupidly competitive.

All in all I had enough to get me and my family by and was still able to take them out to eat every now and then and buy the occasional gimme Assassin's Creed 2 when it came out. Did I have everything I wanted? Fuck no, but I could survive and knew if I finished school I could get the life I wanted.

42k barely above poverty... get the fuck out... Doesn't he have a chiropractor business on the side?

Well go get a real job then
He sounds like an entitled crybaby

Nobody forced him to fight for a living.

Indeed. And if you want to make a lot of money you gotta win or get bonuses. The opportunity is there, you just gotta take it. And if it is not paying your bills, stop fighting and get another job.

working 3 / 4 nights a year with a co-worker who will try his very hard to knock you the fuck out or break your limb....must be a walk in the park.

Back