'I've missed weight (before) because I relied on other people.' - Johny Hendricks

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Even though I’m working with the UFC on the nutrition side, I’m really on my own in a theory because I’m making sure that I do it. I’ve relied on other people and it’s time for me to say, ‘hey, now if I miss weight it’s because of me.'"

“I’ve been working with the UFC nutritionist,” Hendricks said. “So I’m working with people, I’m working with them. My weight, I’m gonna try to hit under 200 pounds this week and then I’ll be three weeks out from weigh-ins. By the time I get there my goal is to be right around 195 pounds, so he has an easy time with me. And those are all easy things to do. I’ve been eating a lot, I’ve doing a lot of things differently, been running more, you know, things that I’m not relying on other people about.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...inha-jackson-winkeljohn-middleweight-mma-news

What the hell is his "own nutrition theory" ?!

So is he or is he not working with the UFC given he says he's still using his own "diet theory" going forward ? Also, how the hell is he blaming other people for not making weight these last few years ?!

For shit's sake Hendricks.

Last edited:
just don't eat the fries, hendricks

The issue isnt weight for him. The issue is usada

Is he saying he’ll finally take 70% of the blame

knockout-11-17-12.gif

tumblr_mh49svt5x11ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Feels like it was just yesterday. I miss this monster.<DCrying>

Usada really did a number on that man

It's not the USADAs fault, it's not his coaches fault, or his training partners. It's just his laziness. He missed weight for 185lbs - there's no excuse for that given he used to fight at WW.

i bet his restaurant failed because he relied on other people, too.

We all know what's going to happen @ 217

johny-hendricks-hands-ufc-207-official-weigh-ins.jpg

Someone add this to Johny's big book of excuses please

"I've been eating a lot."- Johny Hendricks

{<doc}

Last edited:
LOL oh God, he's gonna come in at least 10 lbs over, isn't he

The only interest I have in Big Rig is the weigh in.

I don't care about his fights, they are generally boring these days. I just like to root for him to miss weight. It may be the most interesting thing the UFC has going at the moment.

Last edited:
He should have learned after he initially missed weight vs Lawler that something needed to change. He definitely should have learned when he got put in the hospital and lost in the sauna when he should have been fighting Woodley.

He could have learned one of the subsequent times he missed weight and was forced to move up to 185. Probably should have pearned when he missed weight at 185.

Nah, fuck this guy.

Personal responsibility is for fattys that got that way because of other people's decisions

“Even though I’m working with the UFC on the nutrition side, I’m really on my own in a theory because I’m making sure that I do it. I’ve relied on other people and it’s time for me to say, ‘hey, now if I miss weight it’s because of me.'"

“I’ve been working with the UFC nutritionist,” Hendricks said. “So I’m working with people, I’m working with them. My weight, I’m gonna try to hit under 200 pounds this week and then I’ll be three weeks out from weigh-ins. By the time I get there my goal is to be right around 195 pounds, so he has an easy time with me. And those are all easy things to do. I’ve been eating a lot, I’ve doing a lot of things differently, been running more, you know, things that I’m not relying on other people about.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...inha-jackson-winkeljohn-middleweight-mma-news

What the hell is his "own nutrition theory" ?!

So is he or is he not working with the UFC given he says he's still using his own "diet theory" going forward ? Also, how the hell is he blaming other people for not making weight these last few years ?!

For shit's sake Hendricks.

I know this is a completely novel approach...but why not just stay in shape all year?...why balloon up at all? stop eating like a pig and eat healthy...no more huge weight cuts...stay in shape all year long...don't get out of shape...stay in shape...I know it's crazy...

LOL oh God, he's gonna come in at least 10 lbs over, isn't he
I know this is a completely novel approach...but why not just stay in shape all year?...why balloon up at all? stop eating like a pig and eat healthy...no more huge weight cuts...stay in shape all year long...don't get out of shape...stay in shape...I know it's crazy...

Only a handful of fighters keep in fighting shape year round. Lyoto is one of them. So is Condit.
Johny is not.

Back