It's distasteful to me that GSP has no interest in fighting Woodley

It's because GSP knows he can't compete with the best in MMA today. Tyron is now the WW GOAT.

Woodley would do the same thing if he could.

Haters are so bummed that GSP will probably be the first to hold belts in 3 divisions, keep on crying, I be smiling.

He already ruled over welterweight for ages. He has nothing left to prove there.

This isn't true and every one who likes this post is in denial. Look, I love GSP. Dude's one of nicest guys on the planet in my opinion. He's top 3 all time fighter and will always be a legend. With all that said T-Wood and GSP are basically the same age, T-Wood is on a super impressive run at WW making him arguably the #2 WW in UFC History. If GSP could beat T-Wood right now he would be the undisputed P4P GOAT for a long time. GSP dropping to fight manlets at 155lbs won't do the same for his legacy, especially if he loses at 155lbs. That would be down right embarrassing.

I believe the biggest GSP fans know T-Wood is a horrible match up and they just won't admit it.

Here's just my two cents on what might be the deal with GSP. I think a lot of it is about what he said way back when he first talked about wanting to come back and resume fighting: that he mainly wanted to have fun fights. "Fun fights" are generally those that garner some intrigue, but aren't necessarily a risk to your legacy. Since GSP's legacy exists entirely at 170, I think that could be a reason he avoids the division. He's not looking to resume his status as the top dog at 170, and I don't even think he ever wanted at that 185 either, which is why as soon as he beat Bisping I didn't think there was much of a chance at all that he'd defend that belt. He just wants to take fights he finds interesting but not be beholden to the pressure of being "the guy" at 170 again; he wants the option of winning a fight and not feeling the need to commit to anything following if he doesn't want to (though he did throw MW in flux by winning the title and ditching it haha). And as big a fan of GSP as I am, I do think there's some wariness of the style match up with Woodley on his mind too. He ruled the roost at 170 for a long time and Woodley is a risk that might not be worth it to him when his mindset is in semi-retirement mode.

Not saying I'm for or against that attitude, it's just what I think is probably going on. I personally thought he should've just gone with retiring on top when he won the Hendricks decision (that fight to me was a sign that the division was catching up to and starting to surpass him). I didn't like the whole MW title thing, but when he did beat Bisping I thought that was another perfect time to retire (since I never thought he'd defend). Now there's talk of 155 and I'm kinda just over it. If he just wants fun fights and doesn't want to risk ruining his legacy then fine, but because of his status all talk tends to go toward him holding up other divisions by fighting their champions, and I'm not for that.

He knows that Woodley is a horrible match up for him and getting wrecked would ruin his legacy.

Nah. Why would GSP risk fighting a guy that he will probably lose to at this moment? Fighting Tyron now is almost as stupid as the talks of fighting Anderson in his prime.

GSP is a strategic guy that make smart decisions. That is also one of the reason he is considered top 3 goat, And BJ is not.

I know fans have a million excuses for it but I find it annoying. The GOAT WW leaves for a long time and then when he comes back to another dominate WW champion all he wants to do is cherry pick a weak MW champ and then guys a lot smaller than him? Lame.
Yeah but you've always been a GSP hater. You're mostly mad because you're just hoping someone will knock GSP out so you can make threads about how he was always overrated, etc..

Woodley has beaten tougher competition and is the WW GOAT at this point.
You're wrong and you as well as anyone that agrees with you should be embarrassed for trying to pass off nonsense as fact. WW division is worse..... Don't get it wrong.... 3 LWs from Georges' era are in the top10 at WW or at least were last year.

Masvidal, RDA and Cerrone would have been molested by the murderer's row of wrestlers at WW and it is precisely why none of them even dared WW at the time.

Lol has gsp ever fought a black guy lol? Is kosheck black ?
tumblr_ogx4u76zZS1steui8o1_500.gif

Lol has gsp ever fought a black guy lol? Is kosheck black ?
Yes and so is Pete Spratt . GSP is undefeated against "brothers".

The only formula proven to have any success against Georges is to have parents that name you Matt.

If you aren't Matt, just add a L to your record against GSP and save yourself the time.

I know fans have a million excuses for it but I find it annoying. The GOAT WW leaves for a long time and then when he comes back to another dominate WW champion all he wants to do is cherry pick a weak MW champ and then guys a lot smaller than him? Lame.

Seems like you do not understand that GSP is past his best and making the most of the career he has left.

Yes and so is Pete Spratt . GSP is undefeated against "brothers".

The only formula proven to have any success against Georges is to have parents that name you Matt.

If you aren't Matt, just add a L to your record against GSP and save yourself the time.

That cracked me up. True story.

Shut your bitch mouth ^

GSP has fought forever, he has nothing to prove.

Back