It's distasteful to me that GSP has no interest in fighting Woodley

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know fans have a million excuses for it but I find it annoying. The GOAT WW leaves for a long time and then when he comes back to another dominate WW champion all he wants to do is cherry pick a weak MW champ and then guys a lot smaller than him? Lame.

He already ruled over welterweight for ages. He has nothing left to prove there.

He’s earned the right to be picky. His legacy is already cemented. Tyron needs to just keep winning and try to eclipse him.

Think it's a fight that every MMA fan wants to see. With that said, it's sort of a lose-lose for Tyron.

If he wins, we'll hear "but that wasn't PRIME GSP" and if he loses, then he is going to get torn up by fans.

A dude in the last legs of his career is looking for the biggest money fight available.

Its pretty understandable

Meh. He was WW champ for years. It would be cool to see him try to reclaim, but if he wants to only take big fights and win as many different belts as he can, that's his choice. He's earned the right to do his thing.

Because GSP sells PPV not Woodley....fighting him proves nothing....

GSP was the king of 170....many times over.

Woodly is only bitching because he has never made $$$ from ppv cut

it bothers me too since he was the lineal champ. not a peep about the WW division since Hendricks.

Last edited:
GSP/Penn 3 and GSP/Serra 3 coming to Golden Boy Promotions soon.

he and Conor get to pick their fights.

it's a power/leverage thing. they have some.

I know fans have a million excuses for it but I find it annoying. The GOAT WW leaves for a long time and then when he comes back to another dominate WW champion all he wants to do is cherry pick a weak MW champ and then guys a lot smaller than him? Lame.

Typical entitled millennial.

GSP pretty much fought nothing but top competition from about 2005 to 2013, has the highest ELO rating in MMA history, has the most top 5 wins in history, and is arguably the greatest MMAist in history.

If anyone has earned the right to pick-and-choose fights it's him.

Denis the Menace can be distasteful but we still give him a pass. Why can we give GSP a break?

i171103dtm.jpg

Its distasteful to me that someone with as many posts as this in such a short time still cant tell the difference between a dominant champ and a champ that dominates.

other than the occasional Anderson fan, nobody with a join date of when GSP was fighting ever says stupid shit like this
Give me a break. I get drunk, and make this ace look like the fight professor!

Because GSP sells PPV not Woodley....fighting him proves nothing....

GSP was the king of 170....many times over.

Woodly is only bitching because he has never made $$$ from ppv cut

Please, never use the PPV argument. Heck, its not even an argument. I hate it when Conor fanboys mention PPV sales as if it proofs anything. MMA is not WWE, although its starting to look like it more and more.

Last edited:
GSP has been avoiding fighting "brothers" since making it big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back