It's amazing how high Floyd's stock has gone up

biomech

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
True boxing fans have always known how great Floyd Mayweather is. For those who just want to watch a punch fest and two guys beat the shit out of each other, Floyd's matches have been considered boring. Those people have failed to understand his skills and instead summarise him as a runner and hugger. Of fighting second rate opponents. But not to those who appreciate the finer points of boxing. Floyd is a wizard in the ring and fought top notch opponents but made many of them look second rate in comparison.

But now that an old well-past-it Floyd fought and dominated Conor, so many are saying how great Floyd is. Conor nut huggers are saying Conor did well to last 10 rounds against The Best Ever. Guys at the local Irish pub saying how great Floyd must be to have beaten Conor (LOL). It's crazy but true, Floyd's stock has gone up significantly in the eyes of the ignorant masses just by beating some loudmouth noob who doesn't even know how to throw a punch properly.

True boxing fans have always known how great Floyd Mayweather is. For those who just want to watch a punch fest and two guys beat the shit out of each other, Floyd's matches have been considered boring. Those people have failed to understand his skills and instead summarise him as a runner and hugger. Of fighting second rate opponents. But not to those who appreciate the finer points of boxing. Floyd is a wizard in the ring and fought top notch opponents but made many of them look second rate in comparison.

But now that an old well-past-it Floyd fought and dominated Conor, so many are saying how great Floyd is. Conor nut huggers are saying Conor did well to last 10 rounds against The Best Ever. Guys at the local Irish pub saying how great Floyd must be to have beaten Conor (LOL). It's crazy but true, Floyd's stock has gone up significantly in the eyes of the ignorant masses just by beating some loudmouth noob who doesn't even know how to throw a punch properly.
Absolutely, it has been the making of Floyd. And he deserves it. He's come over really well. He told the truth all though the build up. Not the same fighter but good enough. Credit to Conor for the dance

Wellllll.....yes, that's true, but you're being a bit harsh I think. A lot of people either never watch boxing, or watch it very rarely.

This match was good for both sports. I personally have more interest in boxing than before the fight, and MMA got more exposure.

Floyd has been the biggest name in boxing and MMA for quite sometime, it is amazing that he is now on a whole new level of popularity. I think the fighter who gained the most through this fight though is Paulie, he is clearly the second biggest name in MMA behind Floyd now. After going 2-0 against Conor and cracking his chin to the point that he wasn't even able to go the distance with a retired 40-year old with brittle hands who didn't even train, Paulie is now a household name in MMA circles.

Floyd has been the biggest name in boxing and MMA for quite sometime, it is amazing that he is now on a whole new level of popularity. I think the fighter who gained the most through this fight though is Paulie, he is clearly the second biggest name in MMA behind Floyd now. After going 2-0 against Conor and cracking his chin to the point that he wasn't even able to go the distance with a retired 40-year old with brittle hands who didn't even train, Paulie is now a household name in MMA circles.
giphy.gif

Boxing paid Conor to keep it from dying...fortunately it didn't work

A retired , brittle handed old man, with a tiny head, finished a bum, the best part of the fight was floyd walking out , a true heist, Connor fans, though smaller bets, drove the line down, then the sharks came in for the easy $

Talk about a fucking apologist for hugging/clinching in boxing. Next you'll say anyone who dislikes Ward for his continuous head butting is a hater also. You are pure scum.

Talk about a fucking apologist for hugging/clinching in boxing. Next you'll say anyone who dislikes Ward for his continuous head butting is a hater also. You are pure scum.

No it's just that your uneducated eyes miss all the infighting skills in this range. Your eyes see only clinching. It's not your fault, I'm here to help.

No it's just that your uneducated eyes miss all the infighting skills in this range. Your eyes see only clinching. It's not your fault, I'm here to help.

Shut the fuck up, boxing is my sport of choice first and foremost, I have seen a ton of Floyd's fights and I don't mind fighters clinching if they're hurt but using it as part of your strategy throughout your career is fucking pathetic, how many times that bitch clinch Maidana and Manny, like at least 50+ times in each of those fights I believe, but TBE doe right, how much TMT merch you own boi.

Shut the fuck up, boxing is my sport of choice first and foremost, I have seen a ton of Floyd's fights and I don't mind fighters clinching if they're hurt but using it as part of your strategy throughout your career is fucking pathetic, how many times that bitch clinch Maidana and Manny, like at least 50+ times in each of those fights I believe, but TBE doe right, how much TMT merch you own boi.

Triggered

You should love Floyd then - he outfought Conor and made him his bitch.
tenor.gif

Back