It's amazing how high Floyd's stock has gone up | Page 2

Discussion in 'Conor McGregor vs Mayweather Discussion' started by biomech, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Novice4eva Yellow Belt

Novice4eva
    Fatigue. He didn't feel a thing

2. biomech Blue Belt

biomech
    I heard he was just a bit oily. Irish Edmond put some rose hip oil on him instead of vaseline.

Conor to the ref "Ref, it was too oily. Too oily ref."

SanchoMF, Rapid Counter and Gamer007 like this.
  3. ICEibuPROfen Third Belt Comin'

ICEibuPROfen
    No wrestling, no kicking, etc. etc.

4. ICEibuPROfen Third Belt Comin'

ICEibuPROfen
    So where's the wrestling, kicking, submissions, etc?

5. Get_that_yayo Brown Belt

Get_that_yayo
    Its amazing what the "dumb guy" who "can't read" can accomplish. Its almost as if actions speak louder than words....well....not if you're a Conor fan.

Gamer007 likes this.
  6. Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Julius_Caesar
    I don't know man. People have been saying boxing is dying or dead for years. I follow both sports and boxing has been looking pretty good this year whilst UFC over the last couple years has lost Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. So the sport is left with one big name for the casuals in Conor McGregor. I just don't get how some fans cant enjoy both sports. There's always this hate from both sides especially the MMA side (from what I've seen). Constantly saying stuff like "MMA is more like a street fight" or "boxing is dying". Like if you dont like boxing don't watch. Its simple.

Me personally my main sport is kickboxing and follow it big in China. I love the Thai's at the moment transitioning from MuayThai in Thailand to kickboxing internationally. To me its way more entertaining than MMA or Boxing but I'm not sure why its not as big in the West. Boxing is limited to just boxing whilst most complaints about MMA is the ground game being boring. Seems like a sport like kickboxing would be perfect but I guess there's not enough good American kickboxers for the sport to be big in the US.

Gamer007 and A.S. Deep like this.
  7. ICEibuPROfen Third Belt Comin'

ICEibuPROfen
    There is definitely an element in the west that believes kicking, wrestling, and submissions should not be allowed when "fighting"...clueless noobs

8. Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Julius_Caesar
    How ironic you call me a "clueless noob" yet you don't have a clue who I am.

9. ICEibuPROfen Third Belt Comin'

ICEibuPROfen
    I was referring to the people who don't want to see kicking, wrestling, etc. in a fight...hence the "clueless noobs"

10. Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Julius_Caesar
    Oh I apologize

ICEibuPROfen likes this.
  11. chuckleknuckle Green Belt

chuckleknuckle
    Nope, the Pacquaio fight was bigger, and Mayweathers 'stock' was bigger then. Hence the larger gate for the Manny fight, and the higher ppv figures that will inevitably be shown. More morons and fairweather fans came out for the Manny fight. They realised after that fight that Mayweather couldn't be beat, so were less likely to tune in to see him fight an amateur.

Mayweathers stock is lower now, his pay is lower. Stop lying to yourself.

12. chuckleknuckle Green Belt

chuckleknuckle
    Go on YouTube and type in streetfight. You'll see 1000 punches thrown for any submission. Boxing is way more like a street fight, and that's coming from a guy that's been training mma for longer than I've been training boxing.

Gamer007 and Cairne Bloodhoof like this.
  13. Babaganoosh ----Orion's Belt----

Babaganoosh

Why do you continue with this argument? It was a boxing match. Yourself and many others made outlandish claims of how Conor would beat Mayweather.

You were all very wrong and you need to own it. Nobody is going to take you seriously when you write things like this. You're acting like a child that did not get what they wanted for Christmas.

Gamer007 and Cairne Bloodhoof like this.
  14. ICEibuPROfen Third Belt Comin'

ICEibuPROfen
    Why do you continue with the argument that boxing = fighting?

15. ICEibuPROfen Third Belt Comin'

ICEibuPROfen
    You are trying to define fighting via people have who have no clue about fighting.

16. Babaganoosh ----Orion's Belt----

Babaganoosh

Take away punching what do you have? Have you ever seen a "fight" with no punching?

17. chuckleknuckle Green Belt

chuckleknuckle
    People who fight are fighters. Anyone who has any form of a fight is a fighter, and a thousand times more people fight in the street per day than in a ring/cage. I do not define fights by a random set of false parameters, rounds, rules, and regulations set by sporting bodies. Most fights are punching competitions. I worked my way through college in a nightclub and seen tons of fights. I didn't see anyone ever win via submission. I seen a ton of right hands windmilled to a KO victory.

18. ICEibuPROfen Third Belt Comin'

ICEibuPROfen
    Great, so thumb wrestling is on par with boxing in regards to your definition of "fighting."

You've seen a lot of low-level fights. I like high-level fights...and the closest to that is MMA. Not boxing.

19. ICEibuPROfen Third Belt Comin'

ICEibuPROfen
    Demian Maia?

Take away punching and you've taken away one aspect of fighting. Punching is only a piece of the puzzle...it doesn't somehow magically negate all of the other pieces...no matter how much boxing fans would like to believe it.

How to beat a boxer? Lie down. They can't hit you.

A.S. Deep likes this.
  20. chuckleknuckle Green Belt

chuckleknuckle
    I like high level fights. I watch a lot of grappling tournaments, K1, MMA, boxing etc, but I also watch a shit ton of streetfighting videos, group MMA matches etc, and you'll see that boxing is by far the most
    effective in a non sporting fight.

There is an irony in that the more you train with skilfull people, in more skilled martial arts, the less effective your skill becomes in the street. In the gym, no one wails right hands and grabs your shirt and bites your face. They are too busy praticing the Pettis kick and spinning shit, and stuff that works against other guys who are in skilled fighting stances in the gym. The more a martial art becomes an orgnaised sport with rules, the further it gets from real fighting, and it becomes less effective. 90% of the moves we learn in the gym are ineffective in real life.