It's amazing how high Floyd's stock has gone up

Demian Maia?

Take away punching and you've taken away one aspect of fighting. Punching is only a piece of the puzzle...it doesn't somehow magically negate all of the other pieces...no matter how much boxing fans would like to believe it.

How to beat a boxer? Lie down. They can't hit you.

Really ?

Because if you just lie down, unless you're in a controlled environment, you'll get head-stomped or have you head soccer kicked into orbit.

Just shut the fuck up and own the fact that you and your ilk have no credibility anymore after all of your outlandish predictions.

You know nothing about fighting.

I like high level fights. I watch a lot of grappling tournaments, K1, MMA, boxing etc, but I also watch a shit ton of streetfighting videos, group MMA matches etc, and you'll see that boxing is by far the most effective in a non sporting fight.

There is an irony in that the more you train with skilfull people, in more skilled martial arts, the less effective your skill becomes in the street. In the gym, no one wails right hands and grabs your shirt and bites your face. They are too busy praticing the Pettis kick and spinning shit, and stuff that works against other guys who are in skilled fighting stances in the gym. The more a martial art becomes an orgnaised sport with rules, the further it gets from real fighting, and it becomes less effective. 90% of the moves we learn in the gym are ineffective in real life.
Uh, that's my point entirely. You do know that boxing has more rules than MMA right?

So, in a street fight between a boxer and MMA fighter, you'd put your money on the boxer. Got it.

Really ?

Because if you just lie down, unless you're in a controlled environment, you'll get head-stomped or have you head soccer kicked into orbit.

Just shut the fuck up and own the fact that you and your ilk have no credibility anymore after all of your outlandish predictions.

You know nothing about fighting.
Oh...so now the boxer wants to start kicking? Ohhhh they really do wish to be MMA fighters...

Uh, that's my point entirely. You do know that boxing has more rules than MMA right?

So, in a street fight between a boxer and MMA fighter, you'd put your money on the boxer. Got it.

Actually boxing has far less rules than MMA: http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

What you meant to say was that you can use less techniques/parts of the body, but that's what makes it more efficient for a streetfight. Streetfights are quick, and are suited to throwing right hands
and haymakers. It's in our nature to wing punches from 1000s of years of evolution while andrenalin dumps through your body and stops your brain from thinking shit through.

See Geoff Thomson's books like Real Punching/Pavement Arena/3 Second fighter for a good breakdown of realistic techniques. Geoff used to host 'Animal Day' sessions for martial artists, which was basically the UFC before the UFC.

In a streetfight between a boxer and an MMA guy, the boxer would win. That's why Tito got fucked up by Lee Murray, Don Frye got KO'd by Leland Chapman's coach Sonny etc.
Most streetfights start with punches, and if it hits the floor, the guys friend will just kick you in the head. There's a shit ton of group MMA fights on youtube, very rarely will you ever see a high kick.
The only kicks you see are the ones when a guy has taken someone down and is trying to work a submission, and he gets a boot in the chops for his hard work.

Oh...so now the boxer wants to start kicking? Ohhhh they really do wish to be MMA fighters...

You don't need to learn to stomp someone's head into a bloody mess, you fool.

You sound like a complete idiot.

You're equating something with an extremely low level of difficulty to throwing a God-damned spinning wheel kick.

Actually boxing has far less rules than MMA: http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

What you meant to say was that you can use less techniques/parts of the body, but that's what makes it more efficient for a streetfight. Streetfights are quick, and are suited to throwing right hands
and haymakers. It's in our nature to wing punches from 1000s of years of evolution while andrenalin dumps through your body and stops your brain from thinking shit through.

See Geoff Thomson's books like Real Punching/Pavement Arena/3 Second fighter for a good breakdown of realistic techniques. Geoff used to host 'Animal Day' sessions for martial artists, which was basically the UFC before the UFC.

In a streetfight between a boxer and an MMA guy, the boxer would win. That's why Tito got fucked up by Lee Murray, Don Frye got KO'd by Leland Chapman's coach Sonny etc.
Most streetfights start with punches, and if it hits the floor, the guys friend will just kick you in the head. There's a shit ton of group MMA fights on youtube, very rarely will you ever see a high kick.
The only kicks you see are the ones when a guy has taken someone down and is trying to work a submission, and he gets a boot in the chops for his hard work.

Preach.

These fucking Conor dickriding retards have never ever been anywhere near a brawl or a street fight, so it's time to educate these dumbasses.

Demian Maia?

Take away punching and you've taken away one aspect of fighting. Punching is only a piece of the puzzle...it doesn't somehow magically negate all of the other pieces...no matter how much boxing fans would like to believe it.

How to beat a boxer? Lie down. They can't hit you.

lie down? I thought you said real fighting. Lying down is the last thing you want do in a real fight. I personally would rather take on a wrestler or jj guy than a pro boxer. The boxer is going to knock me out (and likely cause serious damage) then pound my head into the ground.

You don't need to learn to stomp someone's head into a bloody mess, you fool.

You sound like a complete idiot.

You're equating something with an extremely low level of difficulty to throwing a God-damned spinning wheel kick.
Suddenly (magically) the boxer is well-equipped for all aspects of fighting that don't occur in boxing.

Tell me more.

lie down? I thought you said real fighting. Lying down is the last thing you want do in a real fight. I personally would rather take on a wrestler or jj guy than a pro boxer. The boxer is going to knock me out (and likely cause serious damage) then pound my head into the ground.
Your mind auto-equates fighting with standing up.

There's your problem.

Suddenly (magically) the boxer is well-equipped for all aspects of fighting that don't occur in boxing.

Tell me more.

You're an incredibly stupid and pathetic person who hero-worships a guy who just got his ass whooped from pillar to post in front of tens of millions of people.

So I understand why you're grasping at straws like a desperate side bitch because you're simply trying to save face.

No one needs years of training in order to learn how to head stomp a person lying down. If you knew anything at all about fighting or martial arts, then you would know this to be true.

Of course, you don't, which is why you're revealing yourself to be a stupid piece of shit on places like Sherdog.

You're an incredibly stupid and pathetic person who hero-worships a guy who just got his ass whooped from pillar to post in front of tens of millions of people.

So I understand why you're grasping at straws like a desperate side bitch because you're simply trying to save face.

No one needs years of training in order to learn how to head stomp a person lying down. If you knew anything at all about fighting or martial arts, then you would know this to be true.

Of course, you don't, which is why you're revealing yourself to be a stupid piece of shit on places like Sherdog.
Yes, let the truth of my posts wash over you.

You are clueless and delusional.

Get a piece of paper, make two columns. One titled 'punches', one titled 'submissions'.

Type 'streetfight' into YouTube.

Watch 10 videos.

Everytime someone throws a punch, put a tally mark in the first column.
Everytime someone gets a submission, put a tally mark in the second column.

When you're finished, sit back and count the tally marks.

Congratulations, you have now caught up with the rest of us in waking up to the real world.

Your mind auto-equates fighting with standing up.

There's your problem.

The problem is that you don't know what you're talking about. It is no different than you talking about what Conor was going to do to Mayweather. You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

Nope, the Pacquaio fight was bigger, and Mayweathers 'stock' was bigger then. Hence the larger gate for the Manny fight, and the higher ppv figures that will inevitably be shown. More morons and fairweather fans came out for the Manny fight. They realised after that fight that Mayweather couldn't be beat, so were less likely to tune in to see him fight an amateur.

Mayweathers stock is lower now, his pay is lower. Stop lying to yourself.

You missed my point sweetheart. Floyd's stock was always high amongst true boxing fans because they appreciated his technical proficiency. But to the casuals they thought he was a runner and hugger and didn't appreciate the finer points. So many of those thought that the big bad wolf Conor was going to KO lil ol' Floyd. When the little red riding hood TKO'd the big bad wolf and made him look like a pussy poodle pup, Floyd's stock went up in the eyes of the casuals.

I like high level fights. I watch a lot of grappling tournaments, K1, MMA, boxing etc, but I also watch a shit ton of streetfighting videos, group MMA matches etc, and you'll see that boxing is by far the most
effective in a non sporting fight.

There is an irony in that the more you train with skilfull people, in more skilled martial arts, the less effective your skill becomes in the street. In the gym, no one wails right hands and grabs your shirt and bites your face. They are too busy praticing the Pettis kick and spinning shit, and stuff that works against other guys who are in skilled fighting stances in the gym. The more a martial art becomes an orgnaised sport with rules, the further it gets from real fighting, and it becomes less effective. 90% of the moves we learn in the gym are ineffective in real life.

I agree. The reason boxing is the most effective in a street fight is rather simple. It has very little to do with all the specific boxing skills, traps, fitness, setups etc. it has everything to do with the fact that boxers are the best at seeing punches coming, evading or blocking punches, coping with getting hit, and being good at finding their target in return i.e punching back.

The problem is that you don't know what you're talking about. It is no different than you talking about what Conor was going to do to Mayweather. You were wrong then and you're wrong now.
You poor fool.

Get a piece of paper, make two columns. One titled 'punches', one titled 'submissions'.

Type 'streetfight' into YouTube.

Watch 10 videos.

Everytime someone throws a punch, put a tally mark in the first column.
Everytime someone gets a submission, put a tally mark in the second column.

When you're finished, sit back and count the tally marks.

Congratulations, you have now caught up with the rest of us in waking up to the real world.
You are defining "fighting" based on people who have no clue about fighting

I agree. The reason boxing is the most effective in a street fight is rather simple. It has very little to do with all the specific boxing skills, traps, fitness, setups etc. it has everything to do with the fact that boxers are the best at seeing punches coming, evading or blocking punches, coping with getting hit, and being good at finding their target in return i.e punching back.
You are living under the delusion that punching magically negates all other aspects of fighting...a common ailment that the early UFCs were able to treat in the 90s...however an epidemic has reemerged as of late

Back