"It's Absurd" - 6 Baltimore Schools Have Zero Students Proficient In State Math, English Tests

So, just partisan cheerleading. Shocker.

I'm not a politician dumbass.....
Start enforcing laws,not just a slap on the wrist.....insure safety of people....hire good people,good teachers will not come if it's a shit place.
In all honesty,at this point,stop and frisk is not a bad idea....you want change...sometimes it sucks.
At the end of the day,you need law and order.

Start enforcing laws,not just a slap on the wrist.....insure safety of people....hire good people,good teachers will not come if it's a shit place.
In all honesty,at this point,stop and frisk is not a bad idea....you want change...sometimes it sucks.

So jailing more people will increase test scores. Interesting thinking.

I would tend to think the opposite. Broken homes are in my opinion one of the largest contributing factors to this problem. I think your idea would make it worse.

Funny, I was just listening to a similar story about Christian charter schools in Milwaukee. These are the type of schools that are funded by voucher programs and they are in a similar situation-- several of them have ZERO students on grade level in either reading or math.

So, I don't see the conclusion that unions are the problem. The culture of America's inner cities has been circling the toilet bowl for decades, and you want to lay that at the feet of teachers unions?

Teachers in Baltimore probably deserve fucking combat pay.

Also, Massachusetts, the most liberal state, and one of the strongest union states, has test scores on par with Norway and Denmark, while "right to work" states are consistently the among the BOTTOM half of the nation.

So, you argument falls apart six ways to Sunday.

But you probably won't care.

Because you probably don't actually give a shit about kids or education; you're probably just looking to score partisan hack points.
Got a link to that "listened" story?

So jailing more people will increase test scores. Interesting thinking.

I would tend to think the opposite. Broken homes are in my opinion one of the largest contributing factors to this problem. I think your idea would make it worse.
Ah libs....always taking things to extremes,if you break the law,you need to be punished,not overlooked,that just encourages further law breaking.
It all boils down to accountability...parents are accountable for their childs actions,when you turn 18,you are responsible for your own actions.
Accountability.

Has anyone pointed the finger at black American culture? If not i'm saying it now. And also the liberals that watch all this shit go down and still think their policies are fucking rad.

You mean like Hamsterdam?

The problem with dope is it's so destructive that just letting people shoot it all day might keep them out of jail, but they just end up dying instead.

I mean like what Portugal has done.

Legalised/decriminalised drugs and seen a significant reduction in drug related harm.

It's funny how Our politicians dont seem to get the fact that if you allow policeman walk a beat, investigate violent crimes with the resources they need, and actually become a part of the communities they patrol, the quality of life around the community just might improve. Apparently making sure some junkie will only get high 6 days a week is more important. Also, fuck the tax money our government could be making by regulating and taxing the sale of drugs, not to mention half of all court time countrywide. Fuck that, right?

Yup. Fuuuuck all of that.

Because Big Pharma makes too much money. As does the privatised prison system. Not to mention the various government agencies that depend on the drug war for funding. And tobacco and alcohol companies who have a monopoly on legal intoxication.

All those things are far more important than a functioning society.

Ah libs....always taking things to extremes,if you break the law,you need to be punished,not overlooked,that just encourages further law breaking.
It all boils down to accountability...parents are accountable for their childs actions,when you turn 18,you are responsible for your own actions.
Accountability.

Mmmm..... And how would you reccomend policy changes to help the people of baltimore's inner city all learn personal responsibility? And thereby increase test scores.

Maybe banning black culture? You did say that is the cause.

Mmmm..... And how would you reccomend policy changes to help the people of baltimore's inner city all learn personal responsibility? And thereby increase test scores.

Maybe banning black culture? You did say that is the cause.
Again liberal ASSumptions.....where did I say black culture was the cause?Or is that what YOU assumed?
Perhaps you should take a look inside yourself and see what YOU think needs to change.

The real question is- will you still eat the Wendy's chili? :D

No doubt.

I worked at Wendy's for a couple of years, making around 700 bucks a month. I had two or three roommates and took the bus. I knew I was "poor" but I didn't feel poor. I felt like I had a lot of freedom. I had money in the bank I could live on for months. I ate literally whatever I wanted. I was fine.

I was also making almost as little money as an American can make holding a job.

Look at this chart: https://www.gapminder.org/dollar-street/matrix?thing=Street view&countries=World&regions=World&zoom=4&row=1&lowIncome=650&highIncome=811&lang=en

I set the graph to display the street views of places where people around the world make the same money I made, give or take with inflation.

The first thing that's amazing is that it still puts you well the fuck above the upper half of the curve, for FAMILIES.

It seems like most of the world is getting by, living life, for less than Wendy's wages. They seem to manage to have culture and religion, school, jobs, government and safety. Most of the world is at peace.

So why are our Wendy's employees so much more fucked than these people?

I've gotten to travel to a couple of shitty countries and you know, the people there are alright.

Here are some pictures of families at that income level: https://www.gapminder.org/dollar-st...=4&row=1&lowIncome=650&highIncome=811&lang=en

Now, I don't know this for sure, but they look like they are doing alright. They're fat, standing up straight, in nice clothing, and the website is pretty truthful as I understand it. If you were born human, ending up in this group isn't that bad.

Wendy's salary.

Liberals+Unions+Unlimited taxpayer funds= a huge embarrassing failure, how can democrats argue that they are not the party of illiterate thieves? <45>

"Baltimore schools spend a staggering $16,000 per student - the fourth-highest rate in the nation - and still an investigation by Fox45's Project Baltimore revealed that at six city schools, not one student scored proficient on either the statewide tests for English and math.
At West Baltimore's Frederick Douglass High, one of five high schools and one middle school where not one student scored a four or a five on the state test, only one out of 185 students who took the test last year scored a three, while 165 students scored a one, the lowest possible score.

"In fact, only 50% of Frederick Douglass students ever graduate."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...o-students-proficient-state-math-english-test

Its fucking hilarious stupid Americans blame each other why they become a second class nation.

Limp wristed cucks vs Hitler loving sister fuckers.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Read an interesting novel a few years ago about the strategies students and parents participate in to get their kids into Ivys.

One minor character transferred from her nice suburban high school to the lowest "ranked" school the city. That way she could go from "very good student" to valedictorian.

I wonder if folks will do that in real life

Australia had selective public schools which frequently get the best results for uni entry.

Its become fairly common for parents to spend literally 10s of thousands per year on tutors to gain entry as opposed to spending similar amounts on private schools.

Its basically a choice between education vs connections.

Again liberal ASSumptions.....where did I say black culture was the cause?Or is that what YOU assumed?
Perhaps you should take a look inside yourself and see what YOU think needs to change.

Oh, my mistake. I reas silus_2000's post as yours.

yes, clearly all the liberals fault. Who pushed for the no child left behind act again? Hint: it wasn't democrats, it was bush who proposed it although really it was Laura Bush's "brainchild." Athough to be fair it had support from both sides in Congress. Was proposed by republicans tho.

Let's be real, those kids come from broken homes and are pushed through the system. Before No Child Left Behind, they would have to repeat the same grade until they passed core competencies. Now they get pushed through to the next grade anyway which means new subject matter they will never understand because they never learned the basics. It's what Laura Bush either wanted or more likely was too dumb to realize would happen.

OP is living proof that no child left behind is churning incompetent ignoramuses out of schools.

I asked you for any evidence aside from hearsay that what you said was true, you responded by telling me to do research. It was your argument that somehow this act is why kids are doing poorly in school. All I asked for was some level of proof aside from "kids don't get held back". Following the implementation of the NCLB Act scores on tests increased and teachers had to be more well qualified. The Act had potential but did need an overhaul. Which it's gone now so we'll see if anything gets better.

The No Child Act is of small relation to the colossal failure of inner city schools. It had fuck all to do with those students failure or getting held back, when they're coming from broken homes and live in unsafe environments. The federal government could spend absurd amounts of money (which the NCLB Act was underfunded) on the schools and find little improvement.

A conversation we could have easily had earlier if your main focus wasn't on being a jackass.

Stop and frisk is a bad idea. Martin O'Malley, a democrat, started a similar program and it 's been pretty terrible for Baltimore. Its a contributed greatly to the fragmentation of poor black neighborhoods in Baltimore. It's also why so many people distrust and hate the police in the city because of the blatant racial discrimination.

Not only that but even though blacks are disproportionately stopped, they are significantly less like to have any illegal items compared to all the other races in the city. And even though they are disproportionately arrested their charges are much more likely to be thrown out or dismissed than those of other races. So even disregarding morality and the constitution these stops are not very effective at doing anything except for disadvantaging people and pissing them off.

If you want improved safety in neighborhoods then provide jobs, invest in these neighborhoods and you will see less violence.

Fuck Graduatin! I'm Crippin!

The real question is- will you still eat the Wendy's chili? :D

I'm big on humane meat, so I am careful to eat as little as possible from anything but the grocery I like.

That said, there isn't anything gross about the chili. It's just canned tomatoes and beans, with the same hamburger meat. It's alright.

Better, they actually have corporate protocols for keeping it at certain temperatures. It is a lot better than going to some four star restaurant where the cook leaves everything sitting on the counter all night.

Stop and frisk is a bad idea. Martin O'Malley, a democrat, started a similar program and it 's been pretty terrible for Baltimore. Its a contributed greatly to the fragmentation of poor black neighborhoods in Baltimore. It's also why so many people distrust and hate the police in the city because of the blatant racial discrimination.

Not only that but even though blacks are disproportionately stopped, they are significantly less like to have any illegal items compared to all the other races in the city. And even though they are disproportionately arrested their charges are much more likely to be thrown out or dismissed than those of other races. So even disregarding morality and the constitution these stops are not very effective at doing anything except for disadvantaging people and pissing them off.

If you want improved safety in neighborhoods then provide jobs, invest in these neighborhoods and you will see less violence.

This is the biggest BS ever posted, you have to be a Ivy League professor. Whos going to invest in Baltimore when taxes and crime are outrageous and you liberals already force plenty of taxpayer money into these neighborhoods.

If you think blacks do not commit the majority of crime in Baltimore, then I sir have some mint condition moon rocks for sale.

Back