"It's Absurd" - 6 Baltimore Schools Have Zero Students Proficient In State Math, English Tests

This is the biggest BS ever posted, you have to be a Ivy League professor. Whos going to invest in Baltimore when taxes and crime are outrageous and you liberals already force plenty of taxpayer money into these neighborhoods.

If you think blacks do not commit the majority of crime in Baltimore, then I sir have some mint condition moon rocks for sale.

Where did I say blacks do not commit the majority of crime? I am not arguing otherwise. I'm only arguing that racial discriminatory policing is not the solution for solving the crime problem.

Providing people with legal opportunities to earn money will go a long way to solving that problem. Obviously that is easier said then done but we must work on it.

what is the fix? have the government raise everyones children starting pre-k?

I agree that the problem happens before the children get to school, and compounds outside of school throughout their education, but I don't think thats from a poorly designed education system. I can't think of a more nightmarish scenario than schools making compulsory education for 3-4 year olds and pulling them away from their parents. I think the parents in baltimore just need to step the fuck up

We can fixate on the parents in B-more but I said 40% of kids aren't at grade level. That means that the problem is far larger than just the stereotyped black parent. Black kids don't make up 40% of school age children. But some people are so fixated on their race based arguments that they refuse to move past that point. .

And what to do about it is pretty much established. Kindergarten today is what 1st grade was 30 years ago. That means that the average child entering kindergarten needs to be more academically prepared than his parents were at the same point of life. By necessity, that means that pre-k academic preparation has to be geared towards meeting that level of preparation and for the most part it's not. Pre-K caregivers are not selected from the top of the heap. Most of the time they don't even need an associate's degree.

And kids who start behind the curve generally do not catch up because the system does not foster mastery before sending them to a higher difficulty. So a 1st grader is struggling will end up in 2nd grade before he's mastered 1st grade work. Obviously, he'll struggle even more with the 2nd grade material and fall further behind. When he's sent up to 3rd grade, he's so far behind the material that it's impossible for him to bridge the gap on his own. This is happening as early as kindergarten.

We can't have it both ways. We can't ramp up the academic requirements for kindergarten without putting something into place to prepare kids for it. And if we don't want to pull kids away from their parents at 3 and 4 then we need to return kindergarten to being the place where academic skills are developed instead of being a place where they are assumed to exist pre-entry.

Lots of countries don't start formal school till 6 and don't expect the kids to have any of these things in place prior to school so everything is taught from day 1. We've gone in the opposite direction, we're starting academics earlier and assuming that kids know more so we don't teach it. Obviously, this causes a problem in those households where the kids weren't at academically rigorous daycares from 3-5 years of age.

Where did I say blacks do not commit the majority of crime? I am not arguing otherwise. I'm only arguing that racial discriminatory policing is not the solution for solving the crime problem.

Providing people with legal opportunities to earn money will go a long way to solving that problem. Obviously that is easier said then done but we must work on it.
Doesn't it depend on what you consider racially discriminatory policing to be? If 100% of Baltimore's murders are committed by non-whites, then is it OK if 99% of people stopped for questioning are people of color?

Some would consider that rational. Some would consider it racist. I would consider it both.

Doesn't it depend on what you consider racially discriminatory policing to be? If 100% of Baltimore's murders are committed by non-whites, then is it OK if 99% of people stopped for questioning are people of color?

Some would consider that rational. Some would consider it racist. I would consider it both.

Sure it may be rational and racist as you say but it produces irrational consequences, if that makes sense. Like it makes people more hateful and distrustful of police and there are economic consequences that can come from being arrested on bullshit charges.

These consequences from discriminatory policing, as well as others, make life even harder and push people towards extra legal modes of justice and income. You also take many young men out of these neighborhoods which contributes to the lack of fathers.

Also as I've said before, the stop and frisk type policies in Baltimore have not been effective at catching violent criminals. So the whole thing seems quite pointless.

Sure it may be rational and racist as you say but it produces irrational consequences, if that makes sense. Like it makes people more hateful and distrustful of police and there are economic consequences that can come from being arrested on bullshit charges.

These consequences from discriminatory policing, as well as others, make life even harder and push people towards extra legal modes of justice and income. You also take many young men out of these neighborhoods which contributes to the lack of fathers.

Also as I've said before, the stop and frisk type policies in Baltimore have not been effective at catching violent criminals. So the whole thing seems quite pointless.
So, you're saying that the cops should intentionally use low % policing methods to escape the vengeance of the black population?

Are you saying that we should just accept that black people are incapable of normal low-crime, normal human behavior?

So, you're saying that the cops should intentionally use low % policing methods to escape the vengeance of the black population?

Are you saying that we should just accept that black people are incapable of normal low-crime, normal human behavior?

Do you believe black people to be incapable normal behavior?

What I am saying is that discriminatory policing, the way its been conducted in Baltimore at least, is not helping black people. That's it.

What I am saying is that discriminatory policing, the way its been conducted in Baltimore at least, is not helping black people. That's it.
Having been to Baltimore many times, honestly, I think it'd be even worse without rational racial discriminatory policing.

Having been to Baltimore many times, honestly, I think it'd be even worse without rational racial discriminatory policing.

I've only been to Baltimore a few times but I have family there and I went to college not too far from it.

Regardless, we're just going have to agree to disagree on this.

If you're a law-abiding black American and you live in a high-crime area, you're benefiting from the police doing their job. You're not benefiting from the police not allocating time and resources to your area because the criminals are offended by their presence.

If you're a law-abiding black American and you live in a high-crime area, you're benefiting from the police doing their job. You're not benefiting from the police not allocating time and resources to your area because the criminals are offended by their presence.

But how does a law abiding black american benefit from being stopped and potentially arrested simply because they are black and in a high crime area?

Its not the criminals that are most offended by stop and frisk, its the everyday person just trying to get by that most hates it the most.

You are such a dummy. I would say get a ballot measure voted on where if a block gets too many calls, anyone on the block can be stopped and searched. This is why you can't let felons vote, maybe there are still enough people who are scared to leave their house at night to make it pass.

The mayor of Baltimore is black, the police commissioner is black and most of the police dept is black; yet searching suspicious characters in high crime areas is discriminatory in a black neighborhood, lol, just admit that liberals need crime and failure to assure more votes.

But how does a law abiding black american benefit from being stopped and potentially arrested simply because they are black and in a high crime area?

Its not the criminals that are most offended by stop and frisk, its the everyday person just trying to get by that most hates it the most.

Because they get to see where their tax money is going and that there is a effort to clean up their neighborhood. If you quit enabling crime in Baltimore; it may disappear.

Not really sure what the city should do about this.
How about trying more liberals ideas that work so far, give the school more money and the teachers!!! I mean they only spend $16,000 per student. I'm sure if that was bumped up to $20,000 per, they would all be fuckin scholars.

yes, clearly all the liberals fault. Who pushed for the no child left behind act again? Hint: it wasn't democrats, it was bush who proposed it although really it was Laura Bush's "brainchild." Athough to be fair it had support from both sides in Congress. Was proposed by republicans tho.

Let's be real, those kids come from broken homes and are pushed through the system. Before No Child Left Behind, they would have to repeat the same grade until they passed core competencies. Now they get pushed through to the next grade anyway which means new subject matter they will never understand because they never learned the basics. It's what Laura Bush either wanted or more likely was too dumb to realize would happen.

OP is living proof that no child left behind is churning incompetent ignoramuses out of schools.
LOL at you thinking 18 year old 7th graders are a good idea.

Anyone who watched The Wire isnt surprised by this.

Proclaiming its godless heathens is morally and factually incorrect.
its factually incorrect that kids from single parent families in the inner city have a harder time academically?

Because they get to see where their tax money is going and that there is a effort to clean up their neighborhood. If you quit enabling crime in Baltimore; it may disappear.

No one is enabling crime in Baltimore. The fuck are you talking about.

I didn't say you said that, nor did I think you were implying it -- that was just general commentary from my side. I agree 100% that kids from single parent homes are at a disadvantage.

I'm fortunate enough to have a good job and career but when I was less fortunate we lived in a poor area and most kids from a child from a single parent home that with my son played with had a working mom who was gone 12+ hours during the day. So I saw firsthand some of the trouble these kids could get into without a parent around, and how a lot of them just didn't know how to act.

Pretty sad to see tbh but even with that I now live in a wealthy neighborhood I actually miss the poor neighborhood where people were at least honest for the most part. The bad stuff kids did back then was more physical -- getting into fights, exploring the neighbors back yard, etc. I'd take that over these stuck up rich kids now who have two materialistic parents that teach their kids the most important thing in life is money, and they get praised by their parents for being stuck up pricks.
Unless they got divorced after being married, why the fuck did they have kids. Again it is a societal issue or cultural issue. But people just act like it aint shit now and that there is nothing can can or should be done about it. Liberals just freely skip this part and jump to ohhh noes we need to give them more money. It's the only thing they can do becuase they sure as hell aren't going to call society out on making shitty decisions.

The issue is very simple...
and it's not fu*king money.

You could throw 35,000 or $50,000.00 per student, in those schools. and it still wouldn't yield the results desired

The students don't want to learn and are so emotionally damaged because of their shit parenting...

Education begins in the home, with the parents. It is the parents who instill the value of education, respect etc.

Again, this isn't rocket science...
The liberals Know this but they just feel like they have to do soemthing. They can't hold society or certain cultures responsible for continual shitty decisions so they feel that money is the next best thing. They just feel like they have to help in some way. And telling people to close their fuckin legs apparently isnt one of the ways they want to help.

How about trying more liberals ideas that work so far, give the school more money and the teachers!!! I mean they only spend $16,000 per student. I'm sure if that was bumped up to $20,000 per, they would all be fuckin scholars.

So..... No ideas from the peanut gallery. Surprise.

Back